• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFurbs

Does anyone know of a good windows program that can easily sideload the new images? I used to have this really all in one tool which could root/unroot and sideload but i cant recall what its called.

Saiyan-Rox

It's weird I got an ota update for my nexus 9 2 weeks or so ago that totally fixed all lag and hiccupping. Only thing that sucks now is battery. And I tested it a lot to see if it was a one off.

Latest updates are just security and nothing else could have just been the cache clear that helped. not that lag is the issue with the N9 of course it's the multitasking that's the main issue (for me)

Does anyone know of a good windows program that can easily sideload the new images? I used to have this really all in one tool which could root/unroot and sideload but i cant recall what its called.

Take it from me and learn how to do it and what files are needed it's really not that hard to figure out.

However if you still want to use programs to do it look for "Nexus Root Manager" it can sideload OTA files for you.

Saiyan-Rox

I love how the second a new Android version releases and hits AOSP people straight away ask when it's coming to Cyanogenmod etc

tumblr_lwmggcq0j01qfjb32o1_500.gif

Saiyan-Rox

Did it already hit aosp? This is a minor release so I'd guess it will be ported pretty quickly.

It's uploading as we speak, will probably finish tomorrow.

I don't think 6.0 is a minor release, sure it doesn't warrant a jump from 5.1 to 6.0 but it's has major behind the scenes changes. hopefully it doesn't take too long for companies to merge it though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No OTA for us M Preview users? Weak.

There will be, just not yet. I find waiting for the OTA tedious with backup and restore being so easy these days, so screw it. Nice to be fresh.

I've been upgrading since 4.4.2. I thought about a factory reset, but setting everything up again and downloading all the apps and then logging in everywhere, ew. It's such a hassle.

It's uploading as we speak, will probably finish tomorrow.

I don't think 6.0 is a minor release, sure it doesn't warrant a jump from 5.1 to 6.0 but it's has major behind the scenes changes. hopefully it doesn't take too long for companies to merge it though.

Will be a positive for you since you have a OP2. Can finally ditch Oxygen and get native fingerprint support.

j-wood

No OTA for us M Preview users? Weak.

I'm pretty sure Google said there will NOT be an OTA update from preview to final. You have to flash yourself.

Just put the final on my N6. Buttery smooth, really great so far. Loving the new features. I'll never own a non-nexus phone again.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've been upgrading since 4.4.2. I thought about a factory reset, but setting everything up again and downloading all the apps and then logging in everywhere, ew. It's such a hassle.
Eh, it's not that bad. But it is a slight hassle. It'll cost me maybe 30 minutes.

Saiyan-Rox

Will be a positive for you since you have a OP2. Can finally ditch Oxygen and get native fingerprint support.

That's if the native support even detects the scanner because at the rate of OP2 shortcomings it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. still though development for the OP2 is really slow atm anyway.

Probably just stick with the 6p and sell this anyway even if the OP2 gets a functioning AOSP

Hasney

Eh, from sign in I had a 12 minute wait for everything to automatically download, but I didn't have to touch anything. Then sign into a couple of apps or restore Titanium backup data and I'm set. Everything down to home screen layout the same.

That's if the native support even detects the scanner because at the rate of OP2 shortcomings it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't. still though development for the OP2 is really slow atm anyway.

Probably just stick with the 6p and sell this anyway even if the OP2 gets a functioning AOSP

Been trying to sell mine for 2 weeks and no bites. Nobody wants this anymore where I live.

Groof

the app restore has become a lot smoother over the years. app data backup needs to be improved upon though. works for some apps but not enough.

Ugh I hope that doesn't happen with mine.....really don't want to be stuck with this and it collecting dust in a drawer

I'm sure someone would bite if you sell below cost and it might help since you are in the UK, but in the US nobody wants this at cost anyway.

Saiyan-Rox

I'm sure someone would bite if you sell below cost and it might help since you are in the UK, but in the US nobody wants this at cost anyway.

thing is it's the Chinese model so unless the person doesn't care for 4G or is on 2 particular carriers it's gonna be difficult

Rumor has it Sony and Verizon have canceled the Z4v.

God Sony in NA is such a shit show.
http://9to5google.com/2015/10/05/verizon-officially-cancels-launch-sony-xperia-z4v/

Verizon will no longer be launching Xperia Z4v, however we are committed to supporting Sony Mobile’s product portfolio and will support existing products. Sony is a strategic partner as we continue having ongoing discussions together as part of our future portfolio.

According to Reddit, Nexus 5X preorders are showing movement. Orders are going from 'preordered' to 'pending', which Google CS reps say means they plan to take payment and ship soon (this week).

snacknuts

we all knew her
I don't wanna piss in anyone's Wheaties, but I hope the 6P doesn't ship before the last week of October. I have a vacation coming up and would be super pissed if they sent it back because I wasn't around to accept delivery.

Nexus 7 still going strong. Best android experience I have ever had. Need a refresh so I can play more games and it'd be goat 👍
The pixel does sound good too, need some info on that

On one hand One Plus is a lousy company, but I commend them if this rumor is true: http://m.gsmarena.com/upcoming_onepl...news-14313.php

Not really flagship because of the cpu and gpu, but it's close with all the other specs. You gotta start somewhere in bringing back the five inch screen revolution!
Well the S6 is still 5.1 inches right. Hope samsung doesn't ruin that for the S7. Especially since the Note exists. Small and big. Not rocket science.

How the fuck is the N9 so bad? The soc should be amazing, and my Moto G with 1GB has better multitasking.

cuz the SoC is garbage. from what i've read all of the problems stem from nvidia desigining the K1 64-bit design themselves instead of using a reference design. so when i spend 5 min browsing gaf with one other tab open the thing heats up as if i'm playing a game.

edit: any1 know if they'll put out ota's for the m preview to m final or do we need to flash factory image?

Saiyan-Rox

cuz the SoC is garbage. from what i've read all of the problems stem from nvidia desigining the K1 64-bit design themselves instead of using a reference design. so when i spend 5 min browsing gaf with one other tab open the thing heats up as if i'm playing a game.

edit: any1 know if they'll put out ota's for the m preview to m final or do we need to flash factory image?

No way to go from preview to release you'll have to use the factory image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom