• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Moto X Play battery range from 2 to 3 days. Can I expect more than 3 days with Marshmallow?
Probably. Should save some percentages during the night time. The X play definitely has crazy ass battery life though.

Where's mahhh roumerz on 2016 phones. Time to get started.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hearthstone stopped working on my Zenpad. Seems to be an issue with Asus devices. Weak.

Ashes

Banned
Probably. Should save some percentages during the night time. The X play definitely has crazy ass battery life though.

Where's mahhh roumerz on 2016 phones. Time to get started.

I'm waiting to hear mostly about Qualcomm 820... Quick Charge 3.0!

Might make 2015 if rumours hold up.

Hasney

So my battery life is already worse compared to Preview 3 because Chrome has decided to go mental and keep the mobile radio alive constantly. It's not downloading anything, just sucking battery...

Wreav

Banned
So my battery life is already worse compared to Preview 3 because Chrome has decided to go mental and keep the mobile radio alive constantly. It's not downloading anything, just sucking battery...

But those granular permissions, though!

Mindwipe

That happened to me last week on 5.1.1.

I think it's a Chrome problem rather than an Marshmallow one.

Not that it's acceptable.

I have zero interest in MS products at the moment but MS showing google how it's done. No fucks given for OEMs when showing their laptop. And their own phones. Meanwhile google wont make their own phones.

Not that google would make a good one lol.

gcubed

I have zero interest in MS products at the moment but MS showing google how it's done. No fucks given for OEMs when showing their laptop. And their own phones. Meanwhile google wont make their own phones.

well, its not really comparable since there wouldn't be WP phones without Lumia's.

well, its not really comparable since there wouldn't be WP phones without Lumia's.

lol, yeah I think it's out of necessity rather than philosophy.

JoeFu

Banned
Ugh ordered 6P 64GB Graphite. I hate myself. I just bought an LG G4 earlier this year, but I'm tired of non stock Android already

Man ... arguing with Apple fans is both tiring and useless. Remind me to never do this again and just ignore right away...

Someone was talking about rumors that the 820 might hit devices this year? Got a link to that rumor?
Might help me not breaking down and getting a 6P with that late launch and insane price here in Europe.

Funny seeing all the "IM SOLD!!!!" posts in the MS event thread. Still see no reason why anyone should buy a Windows Phone.

Microsoft has viral marketers working on this forum just so you know. They've been caught multiple times in the gaming side. I don't believe anyone can be that excited for a windows phone.

Microsoft has viral marketers working on this forum just so you know. They've been caught multiple times in the gaming side. I don't believe anyone can be that excited for a windows phone.

I don't know either, I was in the thread and I just chuckled. The features are great mind you, but what's the point if there is little app support? What, are you going to play with Microsoft Word all day?

The Surface Book however, is HYPPEEE!! The Surface line is the true star of the conference.

I wouldn't get it, but for someone like my other half who doesn't give two shits about apps, I think she'd be really into it, especially the Continuum stuff.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Surface Book needs to be 33% cheaper, then we have a hypeable piece of kit.

W10 phones, LOL

Other than apps (hopefully a workaround with android apps), it's a good looking platform. Live tiles are a nice UI, and continuum seems useful if you need a PC when you're out and about

Wreav

Banned
Looks like Apple is having a CPU controversy with the new iPhones, but the fun fact is that a TSMC 16nm finfet is 20% more power efficient than Samsung's 14nm finfet.

Did the S6/Note 5 use 14nm?

Furyous

Arstechnica released a great in depth review on Android Marshmallow :http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/10/android-6-0-marshmallow-thoroughly-reviewed/

I liked reading the details behind Doze Mode. I'm hoping that it works as intended, though I fear devs will abuse the loop hole and mark many of the messages within the their app as high priority, which bypasses doze mode.

This makes Android safe to try again. Rooting in order to obtain per app location permissions was annoying during my time with Android on the G3.

The pocketnow podcast revealed 3D touch has been a part of Android since Froyo. More devs should use it.

This makes Android safe to try again. Rooting in order to obtain per app location permissions was annoying during my time with Android on the G3.

The pocketnow podcast revealed 3D touch has been a part of Android since Froyo. More devs should use it.
I don't know, I've read some mixed reactions to doze mode. I'm hoping for the best though.
Everyone on Earth knows Windows Phone is dead except MS apparently. They have not demonstrated they will ever get their app situation in order and they never will.
I wouldn't believe it based on the event thread. So many posters were sold.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Pyro you still happy with that Play? My order just went from "being built" to "done, will be sent off soon", and I'm hyped :p

Wreav

Banned

Isn't the Android implementation of 3D touch based on diameter of pixels pressed at once?

IE, not actually force based?

Pyro you still happy with that Play? My order just went from "being built" to "done, will be sent off soon", and I'm hyped :p
Yeah no complaints. Check my feedback from a page or two ago.

Battery life is great 6-7 hours screen on time at least. Camera is ehh hit or miss in low light. Mostly miss. Good camera otherwise. Screen is good. Gets insanely bright if you want.

Loading up graphic intensive sites gives some lag when scrolling until the page fully loads. Other than that it's good normal performance. Good phone for the price.

You should be pleased. Don't think I'd keep it personally for a full 2 years but for a gap phone I likey. Build is solid too.

Not to say it wouldn't be fine for 2 years but that's a mighty long time.

Good phone. One of the best in the range imo. Especially if you value battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom