• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on my X Play I have 2 hours of screen on time and it's at 69%.

Sounds about right. Should be around ~6-7 hours of SoT depending on brightness/usage. Pretty good. Definitely more than I'd ever need. I think I could live happily at 4.5 hours of SoT. Make it so shamsung. Or anyone else who makes a reasonably sized phone.

So on my X Play I have 2 hours of screen on time and it's at 69%.

Sounds about right. Should be around ~6-7 hours of SoT depending on brightness/usage. Pretty good. Definitely more than I'd ever need. I think I could live happily at 4.5 hours of SoT. Make it so shamsung. Or anyone else who makes a reasonably sized phone.
Oh yeah? Well my Moto G is at 50% after 4 hours and 44 minutes of Sot.

Is there a way to have a two sim cards at the same time? I have a sim card in the Moto X but I also want one in my Moto G. Is that possible?

NotBacon

Did a clean wipe to 6.0.

feelsgoodman.jpg

I never had a problem with Lollipop, it was great, but I can't wait to see how sweet these marshmallows are...

Oh yeah? Well my Moto G is at 50% after 4 hours and 44 minutes of Sot.

Is there a way to have a two sim cards at the same time? I have a sim card in the Moto X but I also want one in my Moto G. Is that possible?
in canada you can't, not sure about anywhere else. But you can only have one sim activated on one phone number at a time. When you activate another sim it overrides the other.

Also to make faceless proud, I put an SD card in the X Play because 16gb wasn't enough, lol. 32gb be my minimum.

rc213

So is there no newer tablet to replace my Nexus 7 2013 which has a busted accelerometer.

Should i hang on until next month? Not really looking to go super big, Seems like the Nexus 9 isn't exactly great from what i read user experience.

Also, My Nexus 6P still says preordered...

So is there no newer tablet to replace my Nexus 7 2013 which has a busted accelerometer.

Should i hang on until next month? Not really looking to go super big, Seems like the Nexus 9 isn't exactly great from what i read user experience.
Tomorrow (Maybe today depending on your time zone) Microsoft will show the way into the future.

Does your accelerometer work when you reboot the tablet, or is this a sign of things to come for me. I can reboot and it'll work for a couple of hours before not working again.

CronoShot

According to Reddit, Nexus 5X preorders are showing movement. Orders are going from 'preordered' to 'pending', which Google CS reps say means they plan to take payment and ship soon (this week).

I have both a 5X and 6P preordered (don't ask) and both still say Preordered.

The dates it's telling me are Oct 23-26 for the 5X and Oct 27-28 for the 6P for reference.

Ashes

Banned

If everything else works fine, just get an app to switch between landscape and portrait.

Edit: unless you use your nexus for games or apps that specifically require that function I guess.

rc213

If everything else works fine, just get an app to switch between landscape and portrait.

Edit: unless you use your nexus for games or apps that specifically require that function I guess.

I'll see, most of my issues have been with horrid standby times. SoT has always been great so long as it doesn't sit idle for long. Maybe Marshmallow helps with that.

Really? Mine still shows preorder. I got mine before the site was even posted here .

Same here.
bFfKWyj.jpg

Quasar

Upgraded my Nexus Player to 6.0. Beyond security patches I'm not sure what improvements there are for Android TV. I guess theres the permissions improvements.

Quixzlizx

Arstechnica released a great in depth review on Android Marshmallow :http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/10/android-6-0-marshmallow-thoroughly-reviewed/

I liked reading the details behind Doze Mode. I'm hoping that it works as intended, though I fear devs will abuse the loop hole and mark many of the messages within the their app as high priority, which bypasses doze mode.

I can't believe Google didn't include a toggle to refuse high-priority status to individual apps.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE

jwk94

Actually I take that back. It restored very little, just a couple of logins.

Two particularly bad omissions are my SMS and Blizzard's 2FA app.
And this is exactly why Motorola shouldn't get rid of their transfer app. I used that and everything carried over except my individual account logins like Facebook and Twitter.

Took a scroll through the Windows phone subreddit and I'm amused at some of the comments about Android. I hope for their sake the Windows 10 mobile ui good is for them.

Esqueleto

Banned
Anyone know where USB tethering went? The closest thing I could find was "RNDIS USB Ethernet" in developer options.
Edit: That is the correct setting, it just doesn't work. Z3 works fine, but even though windows reads my nexus 7 too, it says there is no ethernet cable connected.

That Galaxy Nexus troll from Android Police... goddamn.

Eh, it's not that bad. But it is a slight hassle. It'll cost me maybe 30 minutes.

Oh please, like I have 30 minutes to waste. I could do something less productive in those 30 minutes.

Eh, from sign in I had a 12 minute wait for everything to automatically download, but I didn't have to touch anything. Then sign into a couple of apps or restore Titanium backup data and I'm set. Everything down to home screen layout the same.

Don't you need root for Titanium Backup?

Hasney

Anyone know where USB tethering went? The closest thing I could find was "RNDIS USB Ethernet" in developer options.
Edit: That is the correct setting, it just doesn't work. Z3 works fine, but even though windows reads my nexus 7 too, it says there is no ethernet cable connected.

How did you flash it? It's up fine on Nexus 6. Wireless & Networks > More > Tethering > USB

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

ASUS Zenpad the 4 gig RAM Model

It's sold out a lot of places though so you will have to do some hunting.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
My Moto X Play battery range from 2 to 3 days. Can I expect more than 3 days with Marshmallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom