• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say... I am impressed with the battery life on Marshmellow. I was getting 3.5hrs screen on-time on average with Lollipop (4hrs+ in the early days; closer to 3 in recent months), but on Marshmellow, I'm at 49% today with 3 hours screen on-time already. That's nuts.

Hasney

I must say... I am impressed with the battery life on Marshmellow. I was getting 3.5hrs screen on-time on average with Lollipop (4hrs+ in the early days; closer to 3 in recent months), but on Marshmellow, I'm at 49% today with 3 hours screen on-time already. That's nuts.

Yeah, just purely savings from idle time too. If you just left the screen on doing one thing on Lollipop or Marshmallow, the actual battery time is roughly the same. But the sipping of power while you're not actually using the phone is so much improved.

Guys, what's the best way to scan an Android phone for Malware?

I've gotten quite a few pop-ups from a malicious site, pertaining to being an iPhone 6 or 7 tester.

I've noticed that most, if not all of this is due to MeetMe. Every time I used the app today, it would send me to that site with the pop-up. I didn't click anything, and have used Malware Bytes to scan regularly, with no indications of malware.

Anyone?

Yeah, just purely savings from idle time too. If you just left the screen on doing one thing on Lollipop or Marshmallow, the actual battery time is roughly the same. But the sipping of power while you're not actually using the phone is so much improved.

I can only imagine how the 6P will perform. It has a smaller screen, more efficient panel and bigger battery.

*drools*

Furyous

Hey everyone,

My oneplus 2 will be arriving soon, and I will be upgrading from an galaxy s3. So my screen size will jump from 4,8 inch to 5,5 inch. I am a little scared though that the extra size would be uncomfortable to use. So are there any other people here that jumped to a bigger phone and how was it? Did you get used to it quickly?

*raises hand*

Went from an iphone 5 to an LG G3 and the difference was massive. I got used to it quickly and it was a massive difference. The bezels were the only saving grace for me as that allowed me to barely hold the device with one hand. It felt holding a small book relative to the four inch iphone 5.

Woke up to quite a few OP2 invites...

How do I transfer these to people formally? I need a step by step guide with sources so I don't get fucked over later.

Who wants them?

Can you delete a device from your Google account somehow? Because of the Nvidia Shield tablet battery problems, I now have two Shield tablets on my Google account and it gets a bit annoying.

DrFurbs

Guys I've just been notified of the update for my Nexus 5.

However I appear to be struck at the Android 6.0 system update window where it says it might take 45 mins to install.

There is nothing to click and I don't see any progress bar or activity.

Ideas?

Edit

Oh there it is.. Nice one Google ffs

how hard would it be to just return the OP2 I bought? lmao

It's a pain in the ass. I filed a claim through PayPal and it still took 2 weeks. You have to pay return shopping and I finally just sent it off this morning. Now I have to wait for them to receive it and credit me back.

Reckoner

This shit is a self fulfilling prophecy because who is going to actually buy a new Sony smartphone knowing they could wrap that shit up any time:

- Sony Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai

I'm officially placing Sony and HTC smartphones as Do Not Buy status for you guys for 2016. That is if you value support.

Oh shit

It's really sad that probably the best Android OEM is most likely going away. At least, Samsung is improving notably, so let's hope for the best.

I refuse to believe the N6 is in any way worse than the pile of shit that was the Galaxy Nexus.

-A somewhat bitter former Galaxy Nexus owner

It's not. It's a great phone at the price you can buy right now. Most of the hate, and mine included, is from people who paid 700 euros. As long as you can flash a custom rom and fix a few things, it's a great phone at a great price and a joy for media consumption. Camera is hit or miss, though. But it performs well, even though a bit disappointing for such an expensive phone at launch.

These kind of posts actually make me a bit nervous about my OP2 purchase :( Everyone in this thread seems to want to get rid of it.......

It's not a bad phone, especially if you plan on flashing Cyanogen. I'm just returning it because I already have a OPO and I'm getting a 6P.

Oh shit

It's really sad that probably the best Android OEM is most likely going away. At least, Samsung is improving notably, so let's hope for the best.

Samsung has been the best Android OEM for a long time now. This year was a step back for them but if they go back to the things that made them good instead of trying to make an iPhone that runs Android in 2016 things will be fine.

Saiyan-Rox

The main reason the OP2 gets a bad rap is for the company tbh (lack of NFC Too but again its a dumbass company)

Only had a couple of issues with mine (That home button should have been pressable) but nothing is a deal breaker tbh only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I want another Nexus and I can't help myself. (Also i stupidly bought a Chinese one when I couldn't get an invite for a proper one and now I'm stuck to 3G) so that's another reason I'm jumping ship.

When a 6.0 build is ready for the phone I can see it getting better but I doubt I'll have it still by that point as even development for it sucks.

Wreav

Banned
Samsung has been the best Android OEM for a long time now.

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

roytheone

It's not a bad phone, especially if you plan on flashing Cyanogen. I'm just returning it because I already have a OPO and I'm getting a 6P.

Alright, thanks! I am upgrading from a galaxy S3, so hopefully the jump will be a bit bigger for me :)

I also don't care about NFC (it isn't even available here), and the new nexus phones are ridiculously overpriced here :(

Do you hate yourself, or know someone who does? N6 is back at $299 on ebay.
Find me a better phone at the price. Honestly I don't get what your hate crusade against the N6 is all about. It's by far one of the best phones you can purchase today and I'd say it's better than the N5X and $80+ cheaper.

j-wood

Find me a better phone at the price. Honestly I don't get what your hate crusade against the N6 is all about. It's by far one of the best phones you can purchase today and I'd say it's better than the N5X and $80+ cheaper.

Agreed. My N6, especially on marshmellow, is amazing.

Alright, thanks! I am upgrading from a galaxy S3, so hopefully the jump will be a bit bigger for me :)

I also don't care about NFC (it isn't even available here), and the new nexus phones are ridiculously overpriced here :(

You will probably be really happy with it. It will only get better with software updates.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There is a trial beta test going on at Sony for users from Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany for the Z3 and Z3c. First 10.000 to sign up via app will get access to 6.0 Concept software (beta 6.0) for the Z3/Z3c

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidconcept.signup&hl=en_GB

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/10/07/sonys-concept-for-android-marshmallow-edition/

Damn coming quite late to this. Hope there is still space.

<insert joke asking 'are there even 10k z3 owners?'>

Edit: "this device/region/operator is not supported for this concept"
- uk
- z3
- unlocked (Vodafone sim but it isn't a Vodafone firmware)

Damn coming quite late to this. Hope there is still space.

<insert joke asking 'are there even 10k z3 owners?'>

Edit: "this device/region/operator is not supported for this concept"
- uk
- z3
- unlocked (Vodafone sim but it isn't a Vodafone firmware)
What? Tats really weird.

I am De, z3, also Vodafone sim but stock firmware.

Pinkuss

Android help please. My HTC One M8 has gone crackers; auto rotate is off, I've reset the G-Calibration stuff and it's auto rotating constantly. Any ideas how to fix?

giga

On the topic of pink iPhones, do people actually see this ad think it looks good?

iphone-6-rose-gold-006.jpg
The pink razr was crazy popular. So, yes, people want pink things.

What's hideous are those bands. No idea what the design team was thinking with that.

I had to switch to nova prime on my x play because it really bugs me how big icons are on the google now launcher lol. And the different sized icons were getting to me too. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom