• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
why? elon musk fanboys tho lol Easy to rustle their jimmies.

That's the worst. There's absolutely nothing I said that wasn't a straight fact. Salt is fucking salt lol. No way around it.

Not really. Apple has superior supply chain, but the rest of your post was all assumptions. Keep in mind that they're entering a mature market to develop a product more complex than any personal device that they have designed. I know you like Apple and iPhones and all, but damn Pyro, lol...

why? elon musk fanboys tho lol Easy to rustle their jimmies.

That's the worst. There's absolutely nothing I said that wasn't a straight fact. Salt is fucking salt lol. No way around it.

Making a car is exactly like making a phone brah. LMAO sure. Also building a house is just like making phones, why didn't Apple get into the new home construction business? They are exactly the same!

kami_sama

Images of the OPX just leaked from fcc. Looks like it's almost the same size as the OPT. That was the only thing I don't like about the OPT and the 6P,since I'm coming from an 4.5 inch phone.

Making a car is exactly like making a phone brah. LMAO sure. Also building a house is just like making phones, why didn't Apple get into the new home construction business? They are exactly the same!
You honestly think apple thinks its going to be as easy as making a phone?

Lol people are so naive. Apple is spending tons on research and talent. This isn't the phone team making a car. Much ignorance by people.

You honestly think apple thinks its going to be as easy as making a phone?

Lol people are so naive. Apple is spending tons on research and talent. This isn't the phone team making a car. Much ignorance by people.
Nah son, Musk fucking roasted Apple in the that interview. I was dying at his comments.

Just you wait until 6P reviews come out complaining about overheat. Remember, it's a 810 in there. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I'm hoping the metal body helps keep it cooler. Why couldn't Android manufacturers use liquid cooling like on those windows phones?

Sprint employees on their forums are apparently saying they expect 5X and 6P activations to begin on the 14th. Prior to that, a Reddit "insider" posted that he knows for sure that the 6P are shipping on Tuesday, too.

Where there's smoke, there's fire?

Sprint employees on their forums are apparently saying they expect 5X and 6P activations to begin on the 14th. Prior to that, a Reddit "insider" posted that he knows for sure that the 6P are shipping on Tuesday, too.

Nice. Hope Tuesday shipping is true. That means people with overnight shipping would get then Wednesday.

Nah son, Musk fucking roasted Apple in the that interview. I was dying at his comments.
is he gonna apologize like a little B afterward like sorkin who people thought roasted apple lol

It's the watch team, right?
probably

I'm sure scott forestall was brought back to design the interior.

edit:

OH WAIT lmao

Br4xXqk.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

with a delivery date of November I can't see that happening for the UK anyway

I'd hope to be wrong though

is he gonna apologize like a little B afterward like sorkin who people thought roasted apple lol

probably

I'm sure scott forestall was brought back to design the interior.

edit:

OH WAIT lmao

Br4xXqk.jpg

Also this from Musk's Twitter account like 40 minutes ago:

"Regarding the watch, Jony & his team created a beautiful design, but the functionality isn't compelling yet. By version 3, it will be."

Also this from Musk's Twitter account like 40 minutes ago:

"Regarding the watch, Jony & his team created a beautiful design, but the functionality isn't compelling yet. By version 3, it will be."
brahhh that backpedaling. High sodium levels will do that. See: Sorkin. I agree with his assessment about the watch though.

Reckoner

Looks like it. Finally gonna order my phone. Case and protector already underway. After what Kaz Hirai said about Sony Mobile, I don't have much confidence in giving them my money and then lose support. Their losses have been way too big and their strategy basically remained the same for this year. I'm going iWay for a bit.

Looks like it. Finally gonna order my phone. Case and protector already underway. After what Kaz Hirai said about Sony Mobile, I don't have much confidence in giving them my money and then lose support. Their losses have been way too big and their strategy basically remained the same for this year. I'm going iWay for a bit.
nice. It's always good. And it'll make coming back to android all the sweeter when you do. I always go both ways ;)

Speaking of support, was it posted that samsung is testing marshmallow on all current year flagships? And last years too.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My Zenpad got another update maybe two days ago. Somehow, Hearthstone still doesn't work on it. Weak. It looks like Hearthstone doesn't work on any Asus devices wtf

What did I miss? Pyro come through with a torch on some Johnny Storm shit?

List of Samsung devices getting updated to Marshmallow.
I dropped truth bombs on haters and was right as usual.

What did I miss? Pyro come through with a torch on some Johnny Storm shit?

List of Samsung devices getting updated to Marshmallow.
like sammobile says though, that's not the list of devices getting it it's just the list so far it seems. Even still that's a lot of support.

yogloo

I know of people with the Z3 and none of them have cracked the glass. Yet, there's a battalion of people on the Internet claiming that they were sold a broke product by an evil corporation called Sony.
Internet has always have a severe case of the vocal minority.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No more information on the 6P since the keynote? Weak.

CronoShot

Hope so, but I'd place bets on the 5X shipping at least a few days before the 6P.

Fatalah

Now that VZ is adding $20 to my unlimited plan, I'm not sure whether to buy a Moto X Pure and find a good MVNO, or get a Nexus on Project Fi. Decisions, decisions...

Advice?

Husker86

Anyone have any links to chargers they found for the 6P/5X? Since they aren't QC2.0 capable, I'm having a bit of trouble finding ones that conform to the USB-PD 2.0 3A/5V spec.

Now that VZ is adding $20 to my unlimited plan, I'm not sure whether to buy a Moto X Pure and find a good MVNO, or get a Nexus on Project Fi. Decisions, decisions...

Advice?

Depends on location. Fi wouldn't be ideal for me because of Sprint/T-Mobile.

Also depends on data usage. I find Fi to be a pretty bad deal as far as data goes, but if your usage varies, then over time it might be a good deal.

Advice?

I'm going to get a new 2 year contract for now and punt the ball down the field for 2 years. I'm not happy about the price increase but I don't want to give up Verizon coverage right now. In 2 years I'll check how T-Mobile network is doing.

Jigolo

Advice?
T-Mobile is about to get a hell of a lot better next year. They just struck a deal with ATT to share some spectrum (if the FCC allow it) and T-Mobile band 12 (700 MHz) will probably be standard on all devices from next year and maybe even the 6P...

T-Mobile is about to get a hell of a lot better next year. They just struck a deal with ATT to share some spectrum (if the FCC allow it) and T-Mobile band 12 (700 MHz) will probably be standard on all devices from next year and maybe even the 6P...

Shh. I don't need all these Johnny come-latelies and bandwagon jumpers congesting my network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom