• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a stupid argument because there is no argument. It's a fact that it has no NFC and won't have Android Pay. Whether you will use it or not or plan on it? That's an argument.

It is stupid when you can't use it anyway. NFC being there for Android Pay adds zero value is Android Pay is not available. There's no choice to be made.

Saiyan-Rox

Have any OP2 common faults or manufacturing flaws emerged?

The Facebook app doesn't work with the latest software (Lol)

oh and there's the issue with grounding and the Home button. Holding onto the sides of the phone with no case on for some reason makes the Home button really hit or miss.

EmiPrime

The Facebook app doesn't work with the latest software (Lol)

oh and there's the issue with grounding and the Home button. Holding onto the sides of the phone with no case on for some reason makes the Home button really hit or miss.

You're holding it wrong.

3phemeral

Am I remembering incorrectly or does anyone also notice this issue with Google now:

When creating calendar events, I used to be able to say:

"Create event from [time] to [time]"​

and it'd recognize both start and end time, no fuss. Now, it just defaults to an hour and ignores the event end time, requiring me to go into the event and edit the details.

I don't think this was a Moto X (2013) feature even though that was the only device I had used when I started using Google Now frequently. With the same device and on 5.1, it still defaults to an hour.

Bloodember

-NFC. No Android Pay ever.
-Shitty customer service if any at all.
-The slowest charging in the history of mankind.
-Mediocre camera

The charging is not that slow, it charges in 90 minutes, same as the Oneplus One. I had the One and now I have the OP2.

Also I've never had any issues with either phone, hardware wise. The OP2 does have some issues with a few apps, but that should be fixed eventually as the get the OS running better.

I also have no issue with the home button on the OP2 (they apparently fixed it in phones that started to ship in Sept). I don't use a case either.

EmiPrime

The OnePlus 2 is a very good phone, it's just made by a douchey company who probably should have added $10-15 to the BOM for NFC and wireless charging coil (or at least sold a back cover that enables these features).

Reckoner

The OnePlus 2 is a very good phone, it's just made by a douchey company who probably should have added $10-15 to the BOM for NFC and wireless charging coil (or at least sold a back cover that enables these features).

Nah man

No one is using that shit. Why bother.

I don't even hate the OP2 but the lack of NFC is funny. It's just that the company is so damn tone deaf that it's hard to believe. No NFC + 810 + type c 2.0 = 2016 flagship killer lol

kami_sama

I don't even hate the OP2 but the lack of NFC is funny. It's just that the company is so damn tone deaf that it's hard to believe. No NFC + 810 + type c 2.0 = 2016 flagship killer lol

I don't think Type C 3.0/3.1 will come until the fourth quarter next year. it's not something that simple. But yeah, no NFC is funny.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nexus 6P will ship this Tuesday. Book it.

LOL at the dude whose girlfriend bought him a One Minus Two over a Nexus. Swallow your pride and tell her that while you appreciate it, the phone sucks and you want a Nexus. You're in for a bad relationship if you can't communicate something like that.

It is stupid when you can't use it anyway. NFC being there for Android Pay adds zero value is Android Pay is not available. There's no choice to be made.

A significant amount of shopping in Germany doesn't even do credit cards. It's either cash or EC card debit. Rubbish.

I've come to realization that OnePlus didn't make the OP2 for the US market and don't care about the customers here. They are all about India now. Still not a bad piece of hardware if you flash cyanogen on it. Oxygen is bad. Cheapest phone out with the specs it has.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've come to realization that OnePlus didn't make the OP2 for the US market and don't care about the customers here. They are all about India now. Still not a bad piece of hardware if you flash cyanogen on it. Oxygen is bad. Cheapest phone out with the specs it has.

That's a good point. It's an ideal phone for the Indian market, based on my time at XDA, which I haven't visited in years.

EmiPrime

The OP2 is almost half the price of the Nexus 6P (£280 vs £500 comparing the 64GB models). Android Pay still has no ETA here either.

Some of you don't seem to appreciate just how bad Google's international pricing is this year and how bad US tech companies are at rolling out services outside of the US.

Wreav

Banned
Some of you don't seem to appreciate just how bad Google's international pricing is this year and how bad US tech companies are at rolling out services outside of the US.

Those that don't understand won't care because they are enjoying superior services at lower prices.

USA USA USA

Those that don't understand won't care because they are enjoying superior services at lower prices.

USA USA USA

untitled-1foshn.gif

What's bad about Oxygen? Of the whole 10 minutes I've used the phone, that is one of the things I probably would not bitch about.

What's bad about Oxygen? Of the whole 10 minutes I've used the phone, that is one of the things I probably would not bitch about.

You've only used it 10 minutes. Things come to light when you use it more like instability with certain apps and general sluggishness. Lots of bugs like screen color settings not being applied after rebooting even though it shows the adjustment in the menu.

Saiyan-Rox

no way the Nexus is shipping on Tuesday here

Id like it to but it won't happen.

Also i've not noticed anything slugish with OxygenOS. sure there's a bit of a delay with going back to the home screen but that doesn't happen with the on screen controls (Not sure why)

EmiPrime

I've heard that the launcher is mostly to blame and that the lag mostly goes away if you use something else like Nova.

No idea how true that is.

Bboy AJ

I gave you guys that oct 26 date like 2-3 weeks ago. And I said it was global. At least for carriers.

You're welcome.
That's for carrier buyers. The plebs who have their hands out begging to finance then cry when daddy doesn't give them instant updates.

Saiyan-Rox

The 5X on our store says it leaves the warehouse by the 22nd

Damn if people in the UK's 6P dispatch this week who ordered right away i'll be pissed I got screwed over by carphone warehouse and had to re-order the 6P -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom