• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landscape keyboard or bust. Child size keys are as bad as screen typing.
I have to agree ... but i think that i am in the minority, as i prefer on-screen keyboards solely because of swiping. Swiping plus a good algorithm for correction and prediction is the best!

Although i do consider the auto defect my nemesis sometimes...

E: *autocorrect

Jzero

My Nexus 6P just changed to pending WOOOOOOOOOO :D I hope it ships earlier than the 26th.

I hope it comes from the same factory as the new Chromecast so i can get mine in one day.

kami_sama

Wirecutter suggest these two, depending on what size and capacity you are after and it's hard to argue with either choice as both are excellent and well priced.

In the end I've bought the OP one. 10 Ah for 16€ is a good price, and it gets delivered with the new phone.
Also, the website opened free orders a little earlier that expected and didn't crash. Only thing I'm concerned is the processing time, as I suppose they're gonna get an avalanche of orders.

Edit: And now (12:04 CEST), it has crashed! I'm fucking lucky it worked!

vwnut13

After a year of waiting for Lollipop on my Boost Moto G (2013), I decided to manually update to the soak test (which had been out for 6 months). Not three hours after I did it, users were getting pushed the official update.

I had issues that once I removed the soak test apps the home button no longer worked, and users are reporting home button issues on official as well.

I decided to just flash CM12.1 instead. Holy crap, no more tab refresh in Chrome. RAM is actually being utilized, no longer is half of it free.

My only issue with CM is too many options. I wish I could hide all of the CM Settings clutter under one category. Still not as bad as the Toichwiz mile and a half lot settings page though.

kami_sama

After a year of waiting for Lollipop on my Boost Moto G (2013), I decided to manually update to the soak test (which had been out for 6 months). Not three hours after I did it, users were getting pushed the official update.

I had issues that once I removed the soak test apps the home button no longer worked, and users are reporting home button issues on official as well.

I decided to just flash CM12.1 instead. Holy crap, no more tab refresh in Chrome. RAM is actually being utilized, no longer is half of it free.

My only issue with CM is too many options. I wish I could hide all of the CM Settings clutter under one category. Still not as bad as the Toichwiz mile and a half lot settings page though.
You need to tell me how. I use cm12.1 and have almost constant refreshes on Chrome. I end up using Firefox. Also, at first the number of options will be too daunting, but end up being like stock.

Milpool

vwnut13

You need to tell me how. I use cm12.1 and have almost constant refreshes on Chrome. I end up using Firefox. Also, at first the number of options will be too daunting, but end up being like stock.

Maybe your view of tab refresh and my view of tab refresh is different.

I don't know what Motorola did, but memory management was horrible, to the point where I would copy any text field I was working on to the clipboard when switching to another app, just in case.

Gandalf

Welp... Tried factory resetting the Nexus 5, and it's stuck on the "erasing..." screen. Then tried the power button + volume up thing to see the "formatting /data" bit. Both were just stuck for hours. Is it bricked? Tried googling to no avail. Can't seem to get past it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Nicktendo86

Awesome, thanks. Looks complicated but I'll give it a go.

It looks scary but is actually really easy, there is a tool you can download which basically does it all for you, can't remember what it's called though. Google it I am sure you will find it easy enough :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah no OTS on my N7 either.

Don't even ask about flashing. I've gone in the depths of the xda/nix community to fix my USB issue, and it ain't happening. LoL

Gandalf

Haha would you believe it. I thought it was stuck, then out of nowhere whilst I'm downloading the relevant files the bastard boots up. Reset and all.

I bloody love this Nexus 5.

SimleuqiR

Put me on the "Pending" camp.
Just switched this morning.
AU7Amsc.gif

Vanillalite

USB issue?

Originally my issue was I couldn't flash all using the .sh or .bat. So I had to manually flash each part of the zip file. Then it morphed into not even having my device recongized when plugged in. It charges fine, but Windows, OSX, and Linux all won't see it.

Yes I've tried fucking everything you can think of and then some.

Hasney

Originally my issue was I couldn't flash all using the .sh or .bat. So I had to manually flash each part of the zip file. Then it morphed into not even having my device recongized when plugged in. It charges fine, but Windows, OSX, and Linux all won't see it.

Yes I've tried fucking everything you can think of and then some.

Yeah, I've never been able to use the scripts. Other part sounds like a faulty USB port. My S4 started doing the same until it stopped charging eventually.

Vanillalite

Yeah, I've never been able to use the scripts. Other part sounds like a faulty USB port. My S4 started doing the same until it stopped charging eventually.

I still think it's some weird random ass issue I've somehow caused, but my general idea I'm going with is my USB port is falling. Basically I'll keep using my N7 until it stops charging, and then sometime next year it'll be time to get a new tablet.

Until then Airdroid works perfectly fine if I need to sync from my comp. :p

hitgirl

oh I'm pending too. Feel so special.

Even after cancelling my order and waiting a few days to decided I didn't like my Verizon Moto X.

SimleuqiR

Are y'all getting emails when they change to pending, or is everyone f5ing the order page?

Checked last night before going to bed.
Came into the office and checked this morning, it was changed to Pending.
So stuff is happening. It had the state of "pre-ordered" for like 12 days straight.

Pyrokai

Seriously can't decide between the Moto X Pure Edition and Nexus 6P.

Do I want to spend $100 more and sacrifice customization and expandable storage in exchange for:

-a finger print reader
-slightly faster
-better camera
-for sure updates

Huawei is legit, right? Am I missing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom