• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Bullshit it does. Elaborate.

No message search and no encryption are the standout flaws and it's consistent across all platforms. Let's not pretend Hangouts is great on iOS and crap on Android, neither are very good.

Still no native desktop app either that syncs SMS and Hangouts. The Chrome app is rubbish.

also not enough stickers, LINE has spoiled me.

Wreav

Banned
Have gmail archive conversations, easily searchable from there.

Don't give a shit about encryption, I'm not the secretary of state or anything.

Ars confirming Apple's 2-3% discrepancy claims. Sorry, brehs, no #chipgate this year.

Still the year of shitty SoCs. Come on 2016, can't wait to see the 820 ultrasonic biometrics vs the A10's in-glass fingerprint reading.

but people were swearing they could tell the difference on sight!

Hey Androids!
About to join Team Green.
Bought OnePlus 2 during today's open sale.
Going from iPhone 5 to OP2. o/
Never had an Android phone, really looking forward to the switch.
I already made a list of all the apps I use and all are present on Android except a few so I need your recommendations:

- alternative to Camera+
This iOS photo app is sublime and I use it heavily. Anything similar on Google Play?

- a good RDP app to connect to my headless Windows Server 2012

I don't think anyone will dick with synaptics until a Nexus has it, honestly.

Better ask Santa for an iPhone, then.
I could see Samsung doing it and trying to include their own silly use of it, and then when google does it right they'll be ready for it. But yeah hard to say. Took some of them long enough to include fingerprint sensors.

Jigolo

Hey Androids!
About to join Team Green.
Bought OnePlus 2 during today's open sale.
Going from iPhone 5 to OP2. o/
Never had an Android phone, really looking forward to the switch.
I already made a list of all the apps I use and all are present on Android except a few so I need your recommendations:

- alternative to Camera+
This iOS photo app is sublime and I use it heavily. Anything similar on Google Play?

- a good RDP app to connect to my headless Windows Server 2012
The new stock camera update looks to be quite good. I'd wait for that to come out before spending some dough on another app. You might like it.

WTF!? My Moto X "died". I was using it and little battery was left. When it completely depleted itself, I went to charge it. I waited for it to have charge to turn it on again. Boot sequence initiated and then, no home screen at all. I was greeted with a black screen... and the phone is working! I took a black screen shot and when I press the power button, the "want to turn off the phone" message appears, but that's it. HELP.

Galaxy S7 rumours:

I Ice Universe, a popular leakster on Weibo, is responsible for leaking this very important and exciting news. And for those who are wondering whether ClearForce will just be an imitation of Apple’s 3D Touch, then you’re wrong as the Samsung ClearForce tech will allow the users to perform more compelling gestures for variable speed scrolling, variable gaming control, screen wake up and unlock, etc.

cool. That + 820 + bigger battery + continuing to improve camera + continue to reduce touchwiz footprint = probably top android phone of 2016 not including nexii.

Jzero

If this really is the N6P camera ...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3ogvrg/nexus_6p_vs_iphone_6_low_light_photos/

Mother of god ... I want this now! :( #TeamEurope

LAWD YES. This is going to make my concert photography look good. My Nexus 6 is already decent.

TIdiisi.jpg

Guys, this is serious. I can't find an answer anywhere.... I can't even reset the phone! Everytime I try to do a factory reset it just won't work. Help, please.

Ty4on

It's performing worse than other phones with the same chip like the OnePlus 2 though.

Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if HTC and OnePlus force max frequencies when they detect a benchmark is being run.

If not, great! The stock clock speed on the 810 is absurdly high for four A57s on 20nm.

chefbags

So I can get a oneplus one for $200 64gb.is that a good deal to get? I won't have the money to get the 6p for a few months to half a year. And right now I'm dealing with htc m7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom