• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the resale value if there's a crack on the corner of the screen(black area). It doesn't affect the viewing experience at all. Is it still a good deal at $200?

I wouldn't pay $200 for one with a cracked screen. I'd pay $200-$250 for one in good condition though. Love my OPO. Blazes with cyanogen nightlies on it and has no issues running anything.

I was looking at Z5 scores and if it overheats, it seems like it's just like the 6P not that great of a scorer, but it also doesn't overheats.

Kevyt

antutu_1.jpg

:/

Weren't those benchmarks done with the clockspeeds of the 810 significantly reduced? I remember reading in a website that the 6p speeds were significantly reduced. For instance, doesn't the OPT's 810 run at 1.8 ghz, while the 6p's run at 2.0 ghz (cortex A57), while in the benchmark it was supposedly running at 1.6 ghz. If I'm remembering correctly...

Edit: I was misremembering. :(

Those benchmarks are interesting though.

But let's hope that Google release drivers that improves performance. Oh wait...

What phone?

ZTE Zonata 2.

It has a 1650 mha battery, 1 gig of RAM and a dual core processor @ 1.2 by mediatek (I think) running android 4.4.2 (KitKat).

It's going to be my phone for until my Nexus 6p arrives. It's okay, I mostly just use it as a music player and for texting.

Who cares about benchmarks

I do. \o/

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Shame 6P is that big. I aint gonna be that nerd with the big phone. But I do have a lil tech boner for it.
You'll be the nerd with the Android phone instead of an iPhone 6S+

Unless you're one those weirdos who cares how many fps clash of clans or something gets I don't see the point in paying attention to benchmarks. Oem phones gonna run like shit, nexii are gonna continue to be what OEMs should strive to be in running as close to pure android as possible

Kevyt

Unless you're one those weirdos who cares how many fps clash of clans or something gets I don't see the point in paying attention to benchmarks. Oem phones gonna run like shit, nexii are gonna continue to be what OEMs should strive to be in running as close to pure android as possible

It's one of those things where if you're a PC gamer, benchmarks are your bread and butter. I guess that carries over to phones.

Otherwise, what's the point of benchmarks?

It's one of those things where if you're a PC gamer, benchmarks are your bread and butter. I guess that carries over to phones.

Otherwise, what's the point of benchmarks?

Benchmarks are a great way of seeing performance differences between phones from year to year. Also, usually the higher the number the better performance you have in games and general os performance.

Kevyt

So I returned my Moto X today and got a $35 dollar phone from Cricket. Now I'm waiting for Best Buy to refund me in my debit card so I can have enough to place my order in the google play store for the 6p.

Hopefully the news that the 6p is unavailable in Canada doesn't mean google already run out and it will be unavailable in the US too shortly.

Hopefully I get my refund soon so I can place my order. Come on best buy... I:

Benchmarks are a great way of seeing performance differences between phones from year to year. Also, usually the higher the number the better performance you have in games and general os performance.

Yup, indeed.

3phemeral

Did anyone else's Google Photos App default to "Original" for their backup settings? I just got off the phone with my mom complaining that she hasn't received email for weeks. It took me about about an hour to figure out she was running out of space because there was no notification in her Inbox app letting her know. I finally log onto her Gmail and not her Inbox and Gmail indicates she ran out of space. Curious, I check her Google Photo backup settings and it's set to "Original" even though I know I set it to "High Quality" when I bought her phone. Lo and behold, I check mine and it's also changed to "Original."

I like them better than the half circle faces on android tbh

I like the Android emoticons. The iPhone ones aren't bad either. I was just repeating what someone said in that ios9 thread.

On a side note, I went ahead and cancelled the iPhone order. Too much good stuff in Android to give up and even with the discount from T-Mobile it was still $250 more than a Nexus 6P.

Samsung has the perfect balance of post processing on their images. Once they're able to combine that with a higher megapixel count for detail it will be really something. Also continuously improve on low light. S7/Note 6 will be beasts on that front.

Saiyan-Rox

The OP2 is one fragile phone.

I've nver dropped it or had it in a pocket with anything else and yet the metal around it and the plastic have nicks everywhere.

Reckoner

Got a Moto x 2014 as a temporary phone, and man, I'm loving it so far! I might not even get the phone I wanted, because so far, I'm satisfied.

If you can go with that battery, it's a solid device for the next few months until the new flagships come.

Shame 6P is that big. I aint gonna be that nerd with the big phone. But I do have a lil tech boner for it.

I had a Nexus 6. It was great using all that screen, but then on your next phone purchase you'll want to go back to a smaller phone, because yes, it is cumbersome in certain situations and it is a phone. I don't know if I'll get tired of a smaller screen and go back to a bigger one, though, but it's nice to have the best of both worlds.

Kuros

Blind camera test for fun (answers are in the comments, AA fail lol):

http://www.androidauthority.com/xpe...note-5-vs-iphone-6s-camera-comparison-648251/

C which is the iphone seems to wash out a little on some the shop shots. Which i find surprising.

Also as pointed out in the comments they haven't left them all on factory auto. The Z5 is set up to take 8mp pics downsampled from 23mp, which is apparently the way it takes best pics. Whereas they changed the settings to 23mp.

The Samsung is clearly the best though.

Hasney

A lot of bad iOS bugs come from the OTA process and by the looks of it, even now. Same with Android, Windows and any major OS changes.

Used to tear my hair out at iOS crashing until I did clean flashes every major iOS version. Never run into a problem with Android, but I've never used an OTA update for a major revision. The slow rollout of OTAs is a blessing in disguise.

A lot of bad iOS bugs come from the OTA process and by the looks of it, even now. Same with Android, Windows and any major OS changes.

Used to tear my hair out at iOS crashing until I did clean flashes every major iOS version. Never run into a problem with Android, but I've never used an OTA update for a major revision. The slow rollout of OTAs is a blessing in disguise.

I only did OTA updates so far. I've had one issue with the cache filling up quickly for no reason, but that might've been an app or it was fixed in 5.1.1. It's hard to tell, but it's definitely gone now.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm looking forward to receiving my 6P soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom