• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

Oooooh...that small USB to Type C cable is going to be perfect for my car needs

gXOHB5H.png

Saiyan-Rox

EmiPrime

I cave.
No one is making smaller high end smartphones. Even the 5X is not as compact as the original 5.

Gonna have to get used it.

It sucks. :(

The Nexus 5 and the iPhone 6S are about the same size and that's about as large as I want to go unless I resign myself to treating my phone as a two handed device at all times.

cocopuffs

Banned
Have relatively big hands and can one-hand hold the LG G2 relatively well.

Then again this seems to be a fair bit bigger so it might be a bit more difficult. Will have to see when it comes in but a big phone isn't a dealbreaker.

rc213

This has been the worst launch of all the Nexus phones. Pre-Order with no solid date is garbage. Garbage, You hear me Google!!!

This has been the worst launch of all the Nexus phones. Pre-Order with no solid date is garbage. Garbage, You hear me Google!!!

Not even close. At least, you could order the thing for days without it selling out or the site crashing constantly.

It looks like the estimates will be accurate, too.

this_guy

I think I'm going to get the Nexus 5X. The 6P body in the size of the 5X would have been ideal. The 6P also seems like there's a longer wait if you order from the Google Play store, and for some reason taxes are cheaper on Google Play than if I went directly through Huawei's online store (taxes on Huawei's store is what I expected, so Google's store is charging less tax than what I expect).

I guess I'm ready to settle. Of course if reviews are out before the phones ship then I may change my mind depending on the concensus.

rc213

Someone wasn't around for the N4

I was and got it ordered the first day.

Every time i go check my order status i see Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 6 receipts. I always come back to Nexus good lord.

I saw a commercial for the Nexus 5X last night while watching the Dodgers get beat down.

Pyrokai

Omggggggg I can't decide if I made the right color choice for the 6P!! I chose aluminum simply because my phones have always been black....BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW NOW.

Android manufacturers haven't fully figured out how to launch phones (except samsung). It's so hard!

Not to mention that some manufacturers still like to unveil their products (at a press event) and then don't mention a specific release date, or one that's over a month away. It's so infuriating.

My AT&T Note 4 finally got 5.1.1 this morning (thought it already had, but apparently not).

No noticeable difference that I can see, which I'll definitely take over having negative changes like worse battery life or worse performance.

tzare

My AT&T Note 4 finally got 5.1.1 this morning (thought it already had, but apparently not).

No noticeable difference that I can see, which I'll definitely take over having negative changes like worse battery life or worse performance.
If yours was on 5.0.2 you should feel no lag at all when hitting multitasking button, which was slow before. If it was a minor update to 5.1.1 it fixed a weird bug with lock screen when fingerprint security was enabled.

How much more noticeable can things get? When I type a reply on GAF the words appear. When I hit play a song starts. When I open gmail all my email appears.

For everyday tasks we are at the point where fractions of a second would be the difference, and honestly most people won't even know the difference outside of games or some random web shit that's poorly optimized.
I agree, but the jump to 2k screens needed a spec bump and it is possible that moving those pixels fluently still need some work, to reach smoothness already found on 1080p devices.
So more power may be needed. I think, however , that efficiency and less power consumption may be the most important gain. That and cameras also improving, despite also seem to have reached almost as you can do with small sensors,and this year most flaships are in a similar high level. Custom dsps seem to be a place where there may be improvements too. But difficult to introduce due to android nature, unless google supports them in some form. Maybe they should work closer with qualcomm & mediatek. New nexus do have one to improve battery life when using sensors, don't they. Any chance to see them included in other oems devices?

Not to mention that some manufacturers still like to unveil their products (at a press event) and then don't mention a specific release date, or one that's over a month away. It's so infuriating.
it's amateur hour

These are companies that don't seem to have any control over their supply chain or any relationship with carriers. They announce a phone and it'll get there when it gets there sometime soon. LG did it with the g4. It's sad because not even they know when their phone will launch so they don't provide any dates.

Omggggggg I can't decide if I made the right color choice for the 6P!! I chose aluminum simply because my phones have always been black....BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW NOW.

I suffered for hours after my 5x purchase thinking I had made a mistake in choosing white over blue...

Sweet more people have Nexus 6P cases.
I'm still not sure if i should use tempered glass for this one since it's using Gorilla Glass 4

those verus cases are deceptive. They're thick as hell.

I'm hoping spigen changes their mind and releases a thin fit case for the 6p. It's either that or nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom