• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Figured I would check my order history to see if mine was pending. I got excited when I saw pending...then scrolled down to see it was the 6p case and Chromecast I bought. Phone says preorder (November 5-9). I ordered the 32GB Graphite one maybe 30 min. after it went live. :(

He should take that criticism and improve his leaks? Maybe his sources are shit and he needs to own up to it?

I just don't understand why he can't own up to it. People make mistakes and that's okay. Journalists get stuff wrong all the time. Instead I get stuff like "no wonder that 0 people read your avg tweet.". Okay? Why does it matter to him?

It's almost like he doesn't understand that people don't care a single bit about the person behind the leaks. They just want the information and don't care where they get it from.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
5 years ago today:

moto-flipout-1.jpg

Groof

the fun thing back then was all the variety in shapes. it was always exciting to see what crazy designs companies could come up with.

So my Nexus 6 on Google Fi has yet to get Marshmallow... surprised it's taken this long. I did get a small OTA update over the weekend, but no MM. Any other Nexus 6 owners get Marshmallow OTA yet?

Hasney

So my Nexus 6 on Google Fi has yet to get Marshmallow... surprised it's taken this long. I did get a small OTA update over the weekend, but no MM. Any other Nexus 6 owners get Marshmallow OTA yet?

It's not on the sites hosting OTAs yet, so it's unlikely many people have, if any.

Hasney

As I made my last post, I just went over.to the Nexus 6 thread and someone does finally have it.

Phionoxx

Same here. Nexus 6 on Fi. No update to M as of yet. Hope that we get it soon! Excited to see about the OS battery life improvements.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I ordered Nexus 6p, but to be honest I am a bit hesitated. 500 bucks + tax is kind of deep just for a phone, especially when Nexus 6 is only $300 now. I am only upgrading because I want to give my old Nexus 4 away to my parent.

I felt like I am paying $200 extra just for the finger print feature and faster processor.

No Love

Banned
I ordered Nexus 6p, but to be honest I am a bit hesitated. 500 bucks + tax is kind of deep just for a phone, especially when Nexus 6 is only $300 now. I am only upgrading because I want to give my old Nexus 4 away to my parent.

I felt like I am paying $200 extra just for the finger print feature and faster processor.

LG G Flex 2 is only $250 and has same hardware. Just sayin. ;)

Honestly look at some benchmarks. Nexus 6 performs as good or better than the snapdragon 810 in every day tasks and benchmarks. Watch a 3dmark benchmark on nexus 6 and a device with snapdragon 810. The snapdragon 805 in Nexus 6 actually runs the test better than the snapdragon 810.

CronoShot

Honestly look at some benchmarks. Nexus 6 performs as good or better than the snapdragon 810 in every day tasks and benchmarks. Watch a 3dmark benchmark on nexus 6 and a device with snapdragon 810. The snapdragon 805 in Nexus 6 actually runs the test better than the snapdragon 810.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the 6P battery life was worse than the 6. I mean, look at other 810 phones.

HTC One M9 has a bigger battery and an identical display compared to the M8, yet has worse battery life. OnePlus 2 has a bigger battery and identical display to the OPO, worse battery life.

Really, the Nexus 6 is a pretty tremendous deal right now, unless you absolutely need the latest and greatest.

clav

I think the 5X is better than what people are saying about it.

Too bad I can't get it for a discount.

Looks like I'll wait for the aftermath.

Looking at the iPhone 6S, but there are features I really like about Android (e.g. Firefox, Google Now, Twilight) that I will miss if I do switch.

What do you guys think about the Note 5 outside of the S-Pen user design fail? Samsung doesn't look like it's following its recently announced monthly update schedule thing for security fixes as devices are not even fully patched for Stagefright.

Anybody ever had this problem?

On my lg g3, the sd card (128gb) constantly unmounts itself.

I have tried formatting the card and everything. Phone is new.

Hasney

Yeah, plus the smaller screen killed it for me. Hopefully next years can once again be as big as the sun, burning radiation into my eyes.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the 6P battery life was worse than the 6. I mean, look at other 810 phones.

HTC One M9 has a bigger battery and an identical display compared to the M8, yet has worse battery life. OnePlus 2 has a bigger battery and identical display to the OPO, worse battery life.

Really, the Nexus 6 is a pretty tremendous deal right now, unless you absolutely need the latest and greatest.

I guess time will tell on battery life. I'd guess Marshmallow helps it atleast. Nexus 6 really is a better deal right now I guess.

Kevyt

And a better camera? An 8 mega pixel front camera with HDR+, a metal body, and LPDDR4 Ram?

That justifies the price for me compared to the Nexus 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom