• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

Don't forget when they compared subsidized 6s prices vs non-subsidized android phone prices, and then defended themselves by saying that non-subsidized 6s prices weren't available yet, when they were listed on Apple's website.

I believe this point was brought up to their attention in the comments section of that article. What did they eventually do? They disabled comments.

Hasney

I'm not crazy but honest. Saying this thread needs to ban a site because it doesn't give the Z5 a 10 on design is insane. A 7 is about right given the fragile nature of the device. The score should've been 7.5 for the Z5 and 8.5/9 for the Z5C.

Oh I don't care about that, I've not read the review as I don't care what they have to say unless their foot.is back in their mouth. It was just the "The Verge is a good site" part.

I'm not saying ban them, that would be dumb, they're too hilarious. Ban taking them seriously? That would be best.

EmiPrime

spikybracelt-e1428959374650.png

#NeverForget

#notafuckingsuit

#sorryforpartying

Nicktendo86

So no shipping notices yet?

Google derp continues
My brother ordered his 6p from the carphone warehouse (UK) and they have told him it will be released on the 19th and will ship that week.

So, the z5 has overheating issues recording 4k? What a fucking fail.

My brother ordered his 6p from the carphone warehouse (UK) and they have told him it will be released on the 19th and will ship that week.

So, the z5 has overheating issues recording 4k? What a fucking fail.

This year's Qualcomm processors are all horrible. They should have used liquid cooling lije those windows phones. I'm probably just gonna sell my 6P for a profit and keep my OPO.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Scummy.

Part of me doesn't want to switch N6 for the 6P after reading groins impressions.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
There's no guarantee given Motorola's recent track record of updates that the Moto X 2015 receives a 2017 upgrade to Android Orange Julius or whatever the same is called.

I'd say to go with the 6P since you're using it as a personal computer. It has the better camera, better display, and larger storage space.

iverge The verge reviews the Z5/Z5C

KG thanks for the comparisons between devices. The fact that blacks don't look black enough, no c_s_m, is a bad look for the 5X since it's apparently the size of the LG G3. 6P looks like the better device to me at this point anyway even for one handed use.
At some unidentifiable point during my review of the new device, I managed to crack its frosted glass back.
lol

DAT PRIV

/show off hardware keyboard, type 3 numbers slowly and reach up to hit auto-complete
well the upside is it's better than any blackberry phone

the downside is nobody cares about a keyboard other than a meaningless niche. Just an odd device. Doesn't inspire confidence when they also say if they don't do well in smartphones soon they're willing to wrap it up.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Well, long as I have tried to a avoid it, I'm getting a smart phone. Republic Wireless is the cheapest phone company I can find with decent service, and someone offered to buy me one of their phones, so I took the offer.

I usually just keep my phone in my pocket and fish it out the next day when I put on another pair of pants, and charge it as needed. But, everyone I know that uses a smart phone says they have to be charged every day. What can be done to reduce the number of time the phone needs to be charged? I'm not used to doing it every day and don't really want to change my habits.

Nicktendo86

Scummy.

Part of me doesn't want to switch N6 for the 6P after reading groins impressions.
Yeah, I'm not regretting my decision to go moto X yet, looking forward to playing with my brother's 6p when he gets it though. Will be interesting to compare, especially when my X gets 6.0.

By the way, what the hell is it with nexus devices and huuuuuge bezels?

Well, long as I have tried to a avoid it, I'm getting a smart phone. Republic Wireless is the cheapest phone company I can find with decent service, and someone offered to buy me one of their phones, so I took the offer.

I usually just keep my phone in my pocket and fish it out the next day when I put on another pair of pants, and charge it as needed. But, everyone I know that uses a smart phone says they have to be charged every day. What can be done to reduce the number of time the phone needs to be charged? I'm not used to doing it every day and don't really want to change my habits.
Don't use it

kinggroin

Banned

Turn sync and mobile data off.

turn the phone off.

if you can, also remove the battery.

turn it on only when you want to make a call.

Saiyan-Rox

Got yet another nick on the bezzel/metal on my OP2...this phone is self destructing I've not dropped it once or had it in a pocket with other stuff

It's gonna be a real pain to sell this thing now :/ even at a loss.

Got yet another nick on the bezzel/metal on my OP2...this phone is self destructing I've not dropped it once or had it in a pocket with other stuff

It's gonna be a real pain to sell this thing now :/ even at a loss.

That's pretty much any phone if you are brave enough to use it without a case. Erica Griffin broke the camera glass on her note 5 and she doesn't know how either. Someone would still buy it for $300 probably if you put it up for sale now.

Saiyan-Rox

Hate to say it but....

You were warned

I was warned that it was easy to get nicks? huh

That's pretty much any phone if you are brave enough to use it without a case. Erica Griffin broke the camera glass on her note 5 and she doesn't know how either. Someone would still buy it for $300 probably if you put it up for sale now.

I just don't understand what's damaging it :/ the top metal has nicks and the frame beside the volume control and just above it. But I Can't sell it now i've no backup. it's a slightly damaged Chinese model so I doubt it'd get anything over £200 for it now

I've gone through tons of phones with no cases and nothing ever happened to any of them. I win.

Saiyan-Rox

I've gone through tons of phones with no cases and nothing ever happened to any of them. I win.

Tbh same here i'd love to know what's causing the damage as it's lowering the re-sell value. Feel like selling it now and buying something really fricken cheap to do me until my Nexus ship

I just don't understand what's damaging it :/ the top metal has nicks and the frame beside the volume control and just above it. But I Can't sell it now i've no backup. it's a slightly damaged Chinese model so I doubt it'd get anything over £200 for it now

Shitty customer service, shoddy build materials and possibly bad qc. I don't know what you expected after the oneplus one

Have you had phones with aluminum or metal bands?

Bloodember

Yeah but only the build quality of the metal is what i'm mentioning here

Any excuse in here to shit on a decent phone huh

Yeah, my OnePlus One was great, had no issues what so ever, now I have the OnePlus 2 and I have no issues with that either, besides Oxygen OS, but that has nothing to do with the hardware.

People need to realize is that the people that are complaining are not the majority, if your phone is running great most people don't even say anything.

Saiyan-Rox

1. It is pretty random they brought it up
2. It's well warranted
3. This quote is the unofficial mantra of this thread

True enough. The OP2 is a very good device though it's just the company is ran by kids and just constantly screw up. If my OP2 where a UK model I'd probably keep it tbh but again am stupid for buying the Chinese model cause I CBA waiting.

kami_sama

True enough. The OP2 is a very good device though it's just the company is ran by kids and just constantly screw up. If my OP2 where a UK model I'd probably keep it tbh but again am stupid for buying the Chinese model cause I CBA waiting.
Yeah, I'm also very peaked with the device. Everything is great, compared with my Moto G, but OxigenOS needs to be a little more polished.
Not talking about the company, we already know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom