• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

Do you guys even bother to read? How is it that everyone seems to be relying on PhoneArena's garbage tests and completely ignoring EVERYONE ELSE?

#NobodyReads

eh so far I read it got average battery, camera, average screen and so on. Nothing really super impressive other than stock android

I guess it's better than original N6. but that not saying much. The big major good point of 6P is that it doesn't have glaring disadvantage

Not saying is bad thing. If you like stock android. go ahead buy it. Just don't expect too much from it

eh so far I read it got average battery, camera, average screen and so on.j Nothing really super impressive other than stock android t

I guess it's better than original N6. but that not saying much. The big major good point of 6P is that it doesn't have glaring disadvantage
You're trolling right? Where in the world did you see average?

EmiPrime

eh so far I read it got average battery, camera, average screen and so on. Nothing really super impressive other than stock android

Not saying is bad thing. If you like stock android. go ahead buy it. Just don't expect too much from it

I don't think you understand what the word average means.

kinggroin

Banned

What the fuck is an above average phone then??

EmiPrime

Not as good camera and screen as the S6? Average.

Not as good battery life as the Z5C? Average.

Makes sense if you're a complete nutter.

hitgirl

You guys think the new nexus will be sold at best buy? Got a 100 dollar gift card there and it puts the 6p in my price range.

HawkeyeIC

From engadget's review on battery:

Meanwhile, we've got another kind of power to dig into. Despite being a physically smaller device, the Nexus 6P packs a more capacious battery than last year's Nexus 6 (think 3,450mAh, compared to the N6's 3,220mAh cell). Bigger is almost always better when it comes to batteries and Android Marshmallow comes with plenty of software tweaks meant to make phones sip on power more judiciously, so how did the 6P fare? Maybe not quite as mind-blowingly good as you'd expect, not shabby nonetheless. In our standard video-rundown test, which involves looping an HD video with the screen brightness set to 50 percent, the 6P stuck around for 11 hours and 34 minutes. That's better than Google's 10-hour video playback estimates (although you've got to consider it uses different testing methodologies than we do). It also fared better than the Moto X Pure Edition, but not quite as well as the Galaxy Note 5 and its 3,000mAh battery. When it came to actual day-to-day use, though, things were considerably peachier.

In day-to-day use, the Nexus 6P routinely lasted through 13-hour workdays with around 30 percent left in the tank. Bear in mind those workdays are filled with Slack conversations, emails, geeking out over music on Spotify and the occasional YouTube video and games -- what I'd consider pretty heavy use. The thing is, when our internal chat room quieted down and emails tapered off for the weekend, battery use dropped dramatically thanks to Marshmallow's Doze feature. Leaving the phone alone on my desk for a little while I read a book led to notable dips in power consumption, and the phone often only burned through 1 percent an hour while connected to WiFi while I slept.

This thing will be more than fine for me.

because historically OLED panels have been oversaturated and LCD panels have been better calibrated so it's an easier reference for most people to say that.

either way it's wrong but it is what it is

but like the last 4 years running Samsung AMOLED panels have been better calibrated than LCD.

Here is more fuel to the possibility of an early S7 launch:

Today, Korean publication ETNews is reiterating the same; according to the publication’s report, the Galaxy S7 should come out sometime in January in “premium” and “sub-premium” variants, something we exclusively confirmed last month. Google didn’t translate the report well, but it seems to suggest that an announcement could take place on January 19th.

We're getting to "where there's smoke there's fire..." territory soon.

The S6 was not a bad-looking device. I wonder if they will redesign it entirely or just do a mild refresh.

Same. I'm curious to see what criticisms samsung chooses to respond to and which they don't. Definitely an interesting year. Also curious to see how they implement 3D touch. I personally hope they straight up copy every single one of apple's implementations.

So, I got gifted an HTC One M9, but I also have a 6p Preordered...

What do you think GAF, do I keep the M9 or switch to the 6p and try to sell the M9?

M9 isn't a bad phone at all, outside of the camera which is pretty sketchy. I really liked mine, and still prefer it in some ways to my Note 5. Don't let people tell you it sucks.

Same. I'm curious to see what criticisms samsung chooses to respond to and which they don't. Definitely an interesting year. Also curious to see how they implement 3D touch. I personally hope they straight up copy every single one of apple's implementations.

If the only thing Samsung adds to the S7 is the force touch, then lol. Waste of time and no reason to upgrade. Sorry but I care about force touch about as much as I care about 4K screens.

If the only thing Samsung adds to the S7 is the force touch, then lol. Waste of time and no reason to upgrade. Sorry but I care about force touch about as much as I care about 4K screens.

Inclusion of 3D touch + bigger battery + better SoC makes it a worthwhile upgrade to me. Better camera as well. But if you think the battery on the s6 is fine and 3d touch does nothing for you then yeah I could buy that.

I could see them adding back SD support and also maybe bringing back waterproofing but who knows.

Nexus-6p-AH-battery.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

It'll add the same things it always adds. New chipset, new screen, new battery, new camera, new version of touchwiz ect...

Whether you care about all of that is another matter tbh, and it can be applied to all phones.

Plus everyone buying a new phone isn't coming from the same place. Some people upgrade all the time. Others are upgrading from a 3 year old device. *shrug*

Wreav

Banned
The N6 photos in the 6P/5X Ars review are just laughable. $300 is still $100 too much for that piece of junk.

What's truly shocking is how much better the 6P/5X lowlight photos are compared to the 6S+.

Toki767

The N6 photos in the 6P/5X Ars review are just laughable. $300 is still $100 too much for that piece of junk.

What's truly shocking is how much better the 6P/5X lowlight photos are compared to the 6S+.

What's really funny about the N6 photos are how people even earlier this year kept saying the N6 camera was like the second best camera on the market or something.

Agent

Video showing the official case from the play store and in this particular one there;s undercut microfiber on the top right hand side you can see sticking out

https://youtu.be/uQb5qiMERdQ?t=107

I saw this posted on the Nexus 6p subreddit this morning. Needless to say, I couldn't cancel my order fast enough. I'm glad there was a video of it before they were shipped. They want $35 for that? Yeah, no.

I bought a basic case for now until I can find the right one. I hate using cases as I am very careful with my phones, but feel i need to get one for now. I would prefer a bumper type of case, but haven't seen any of them yet.

I saw this posted on the Nexus 6p subreddit this morning. Needless to say, I couldn't cancel my order fast enough. I'm glad there was a video of it before they were shipped. They want $35 for that? Yeah, no.

I bought a basic case for now until I can find the right one. I hate using cases as I am very careful with my phones, but feel i need to get one for now. I would prefer a bumper type of case, but haven't seen any of them yet.

Save your money and get this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01682CYXO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Tudia cases are legit.

Wreav

Banned
What's really funny about the N6 photos are how people even earlier this year kept saying the N6 camera was like the second best camera on the market or something.

Those people have been outed as potbangers. I've been preaching the hate from the get go.

And the N6 camera is dog shit. Sorry, but it just is. The autofocus issue, the chronically low ISO, and gutter trash low light performance.

Wreav

Banned
This thread is gold. The reading level has dropped to a new low.

And you've been wrong from the get go. Stop pretending you have credibility.

Eats shit, says delicious, rates Shitshack 5 stars on Yelp, is the Mayor of Shitshack on FourSquare.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Folks who went with free shipping on their 5X orders are getting a free upgrade to 2 day shipping, sez twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom