• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiwindow has to launch via 6.1 when the Pixel comes out, right?
to this day I'm still shocked at how long google is taking with this.

Then again they take forever to do the things that matter most for android so I guess it's normal. Hopefully Samsung's implementation of 3D touch forces them to include a lot of built in stuff in 6.1 as well.

Yeah, I don't get Google. They've been working on their version of multi-window for over a year now, and they've got a theme engine that should've been an official Lollipop feature, but wasn't, so Sony, Samsung, and HTC had to take the code and implement it into their own builds. Instead of their being an Android-wide theme section in the Play Store or whatever, OEMs now have their own individual theme stores.

They've never been a focused company. They just do things at random. Random priorities. Just randomness. Customer experience customer shmexperience. Hangouts says it all.

NotBacon

The fucking day Apple let's me change defaults and gives me a slightly customizeable launcher, IM OUT

latest

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
sooo many people asking me wtf my phone is lol (Moto X Play in cray white/orange/blue colors from Moto Maker). So weird how few people have this thing and/or use Moto Maker.

I'm a special snowflake

teiresias

Don't you have to temporarily unlock a Nexus phone if you want to flash a Google-provided factory image? I could have sworn that happened in the process, maybe I'm misremembering since it's been so long. If that is indeed the case I can't imagine them starting to void warranties when it's done now (though having a hardware fuse in there makes no real sense).

Saiyan-Rox

to this day I'm still shocked at how long google is taking with this.

Then again they take forever to do the things that matter most for android so I guess it's normal. Hopefully Samsung's implementation of 3D touch forces them to include a lot of built in stuff in 6.1 as well.

Multiwindow will be in android N.

Heads up was in kitkat remember but was never switched on until lollipop.

Multiwindow is in M but needs a build prop edit to get it to appear. I have a feeling it'll be a showcase feature of N.

Groof

sooo many people asking me wtf my phone is lol (Moto X Play in cray white/orange/blue colors from Moto Maker). So weird how few people have this thing and/or use Moto Maker.

I'm a special snowflake

i met a guy from the states with a moto makered Moto X gen 1 and he said i was the first person ever to know what the hell it was.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So glad I got a Frost. It seems to be the rarest, which makes sense, since most of you have no taste.

Draper

I went with the silver because it's the only one not currently on 'put me on the waiting list'.

Still...shipping isn't till mid November :...(

Furyous

The fucking day Apple let's me change defaults and gives me a slightly customizeable launcher, IM OUT

Why? I tried customizing an iphone 4 via jailbreak and found all that extra shit causes battery life to decrease.

Who's going to buy the Z5P mirror version and stunt on us? I half expect selfie within a selfie pics. Looking for a version of the Z5 with a warranty is like trying to find the perfect Android smartphone from 2014.

Ashes

Banned
I figured out today that moto g 4g, the one I have was announced and released in 2014. So yeah, it's not the standard suck it 2 years os support. originally thought mine was same as moto g first gen which was released in september 13.

Mine is like in limbo between first and second.

So Moto G isn't supporting their best selling phone series from last year. :/

So done with this company.

that has a 2470mah battery not a 2150mah battery. That's a 300mah difference. Combine that with the fact that it's running on a 410 and you got it. It's also a 720p display isn't it? That's a massive difference.

With that said, we don't really have an idea of how the 617 performs since it's brand new so you never know but 2150mah is still a very low number.

Agent

Project Fi sim: Processing
Adopted protective case / Chromecast: Processing
Nexus 6p 32GB Graphite: Pending :(

I ordered 30 minutes after the page went live, if that. I have a Nov. 2 date. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom