• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

My card was just charged for my 6p. It still shows pending on the store page, but hopefully that goes to processing soon. My ship date is November 2 for a November 5-9 delivery. Maybe it means they are shipping early.

Jzero

Fuck everyone's getting charged except me. That's what i get for ordering before the live page.

You better ship tomorrow like the estimated day says Google!

Saiyan-Rox

Still pending

Case has been processing for 2 days now and no shipping

doctor-who-rain-sad.gif

Pyrokai

Wait....holy shit my card was charged as well, but it was charged yesterday. I also ordered through the Huawei site.....what does this mean?! I placed the order on the 23rd, though. I wish I knew what was going on! They might charge before they ship, unlike Google. They estimated the shipment date was end of November, so I shouldn't be too excited :(

Kevyt

People getting happy that their cards were charged, lol....

"When will my Credit Card get charged?" #FirstWorldProblems

I find that somewhat amusing, lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lately, I've noticed that Hangouts auto-compresses my photos when I sent to other Google Chat people. What gives? On my Note 4.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Lately, I've noticed that Hangouts auto-compresses my photos when I sent to other Google Chat people. What gives? On my Note 4.

I think I am kind of OK with that. I hate taking a 3MB photo and sending the whole thing when I'd be OK with a lower res/compressed .3MB version. Speeds up the process when everyone's on mobile vs. computer.

Quixzlizx

Man, I held off on a 6P pre-order because I started having second thoughts about such a large phone as well as ordering an 810 phone when 820 phones will be coming out in a few months.

But I really want to replace my Nexus 4 at this point. I don't get any reception in my apartment, and I want a phone that can do calling/texting over wifi already.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Lollipop really, really hates SD cards. Not only do I have to manually move apps over, but every time an app is updated, I have to go back and manually move it again. Damn.

Man, I held off on a 6P pre-order because I started having second thoughts about such a large phone as well as ordering an 810 phone when 820 phones will be coming out in a few months.

But I really want to replace my Nexus 4 at this point. I don't get any reception in my apartment, and I want a phone that can do calling/texting over wifi already.

The 6p is a no-brainer upgrade from a Nexus 4 even with the massive difference in size and the 810 in tow. Seriously.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I am kind of OK with that. I hate taking a 3MB photo and sending the whole thing when I'd be OK with a lower res/compressed .3MB version. Speeds up the process when everyone's on mobile vs. computer.

But it's really annoying when you get results like this...

Husker86

It either takes time or it shows up as normal to others. I notice mine look like shit right after I send, but my friends say it looks fine and then I check it later and it looks normal.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It either takes time or it shows up as normal to others. I notice mine look like shit right after I send, but my friends say it looks fine and then I check it later and it looks normal.

Took about 5-7 minutes to come through as "normal". When did they start this? I prefer taking a little longer to send versus this.

Fantastic beer selection!!

Friend gave it to me in exchange for a bottle of Zombie Dust (since I can get that regularly but can't find Half Acre near me).

I'm looking for recommendations for a phone for my mom.

Must haves:

* Top notch camera (doesn't have to be the best, but should be good). She is taking a lot of pictures of her grandkids now and has stopped using her point-and-shoot altogether.

* Good price off contract. Samsung S6 Edge it out of the question.

* SD card slot. She takes a lot of pictures and videos and doesn't want to manage the phone memory so much

* Works on Sprint, works internationally (Taiwan)

Good to have:

* Durable construction, water resistant

* Smallish to moderate size (she's got small hands)

Not important:

* Doesn't have to have super high res screen

* She's not gaming on it, so don't need super high perf GPU/CPU

For reference, she currently has a first gen Moto X and is quite happy with it except that she's out of storage.

My current candidates are HTC One A9 and Moto X Pure. The Moto G is an even better candidate, but it's SD support is limited to 32GB :(

If you're okay with last year's phone, the Galaxy S5 is what she's looking for.

It's waterproof, has last year's best camera, a microSD, oh and it's probably cheap now being last year's flagship.

Ashes

Banned
Lollipop really, really hates SD cards. Not only do I have to manually move apps over, but every time an app is updated, I have to go back and manually move it again. Damn.

God I hate that too. Especially if you're running out of space on internal memory & have 20 gigs plus on the card.

SimleuqiR

Maybe early 30's perhaps? Maybe someone immature enough to incorporate private-parts into their username perhaps? Maaaaybe someone who'd refer to genitalia as "private-parts" perhaps??

Perherpes.

Don't you say that.

I really think Google is sticking to their "leaves warehouse by 10/27" message.

Today is the last day for them to ship it ahead of that date, and I doubt they will ship it out.

NotBacon

The AP review of the 6p showed the worst battery life I've seen in any of the reviews. Most have said that the 6p has better battery life than the 5x.

People seriously need to take battery life reviews with a grain of salt. Everyone uses their phone differently. Unless every single reviewer is reporting it's terribad, you're not going to really know until you use it yourself.

Got mine! W00t! 6p alum.

Battery life impressions?!?
/s

East Coasters with free shipping are reporting delivery dates of tomorrow. They're shipping from IL to East Coasters, it seems, whereas West Coasters are seeing them come from Cali.

this_guy

That's really strange. In Ohio, I am charged tax on Amazon and I was also charged on the Play Store, but Huawei's site did not charge me tax. I was told it was because they don't have a physical US location.

Online companies typically charge tax if you're in a state that they have also have a location.

Pyrokai

Online companies typically charge tax if you're in a state that they have also have a location.

Ohhhh okay. I guess that makes sense. Online tax confuses me :p

But I don't think Google has a location in Ohio and they charged me tax on their site...unless they do and I don't know it. Maybe they just charge everyone tax. But it was my local sales tax rate.....so weird.

SimleuqiR

East Coasters with free shipping are reporting delivery dates of tomorrow. They're shipping from IL to East Coasters, it seems, whereas West Coasters are seeing them come from Cali.

I take it back.
My unit just shipped

:)

My unit shipped from IL, FedEx Ground.
Should have it by Wednesday (I'm in NY).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom