• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan-Rox

Everytime I see the Droid Turbo 2 I bust out laughing. Can't take that front logo seriously. It's Note 2 levels of bad.

Oh and the 2 speakers flanking the big V? Only 1 has sound....

laugh.gif~c200

Jzero

So what are you guys choosing: Stock display or sRGB mode? Honestly, sRGB looks bland in comparison to the vibrant colors of default amoled.

The first thing I was going to do was change it to sRGB but in person the regular actually looks nice.

What are you guys getting for a case for the 6P?
I bought the Verus case but everyone is receiving the wrong case so that's gonna suck

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The N6P camera focus is SHIT. Why does it have the same issues with focusing on close things? How do I cash checks? Photograph documents? Fuck!

Everyone who's saying the N6P is big never owned an N6.

Jzero

The N6P camera focus is SHIT. Why does it have the same issues with focusing on close things? How do I cash checks? Photograph documents? Fuck!

Mine could focus at a surprisingly close distance. Better than my original n6

Husker86

This is the first time in a while I've said to myself "I love this phone".

N6P, you da best.

I will also admit my wrongness; back fingerprint scanner is amazing. I can just unlock it while grabbing it like I normally would grab a phone. I'm a believer.

Umibozu

Hello. I'm in Canada and I can get a samsung s6 edge plus at the same price as a nexus 6p, with a two year contract. Is that a good deal or am I better off waiting for next year's phones?

I can't recall off memory but does anyone remember if Amazon ever sold the original Nexus 5? I'm trying to entertain the possibility that they'll at some point get the 5X/6P for sale.

Jzero

Hello. I'm in Canada and I can get a samsung s6 edge plus at the same price as a nexus 6p, with a two year contract. Is that a good deal or am I better off waiting for next year's phones?
Between those two I would definitely go with the 6P. The S6 feels super fragile and light.
and touchwiz sucks dick

man i feel like i need to HULK out to pull the USB-C out of the 6P

This is the first time in a while I've said to myself "I love this phone".

N6P, you da best.

I will also admit my wrongness; back fingerprint scanner is amazing. I can just unlock it while grabbing it like I normally would grab a phone. I'm a believer.

pointer and index finger registered ftw

Jzero

Just found my first problem with the 6P. Trying to use Android beam locks my phone like if I was pressing the power button
Can all of you 6P users try it and see if you also get the bug please?

Oh and HDR doesn't make that obvious of a difference anymore.

kami_sama

Well, the OPX was just unveiled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulLRv0GFhM&feature=youtu.be
5 inch 1080p AMOLED display, with an 801 and 2550 mAh of battery. No NFC (at least from what I've seen), but it has a mSD/dual sim slot. Only in 16GB. Same camera as the OPT (but I don't know know if the 801 can use it as well as the 810). For $250.

Looks like another solid device with great price, but as always, there's the problem with the company and/or the launch.

Saiyan-Rox

Doze is god damn legit. Phone has been sitting on my desk after being taken off charge an hour ago and it's still showing 100%

EDIT: I know its hated here but the OPX is pretty legit.

Jzero

They don't want to give any dates for Marshmallow, but I need doze now! I'm thinking the battery will be ace as fuck.
Anyone who buys this phone is gullible as hell. Anyone who buys it is going to come back here after they get their phone and talk mad shit about it like the OP2

kinggroin

Banned

Mine could focus at a surprisingly close distance. Better than my original n6

I had a different experience. In testing both cameras to see what their maximum near focal length was, turned out both are just about the same. You cannot really get much closer than 6-7 inches before things go sour.

Oh, and HDR PLUS can make a massive difference indeed. Make sure you don't have it set to HDR Auto. In fact, if its not HDR Plus, just leave it on fully automatic as the auto HDR has a tendency to blow out highlights.

Also, for HDR to make a big difference in your shot, you need high contrast lighting ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom