• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan-Rox

Say what you like about OP but the devices themselves are legit sure they have cutbacks but what device doesnt? The company itself not so much.

But I love their USB cables. They're sold at cost and that double sided type A is great. I got one spare for my nexus so I can connect it to the computer since the cable supplied in the box is tiny.

kami_sama

Say what you like about OP but the devices themselves are legit sure they have cutbacks but what device doesnt? The company itself not so much.

But I love their USB cables. They're sold at cost and that double sided type A is great. I got one spare for my nexus so I can connect it to the computer since the cable supplied in the box is tiny.

Yep, I have two cables. The one they provided and a 150cm one. Sturdy, reversible in both ends and cheap.

801 isn't bad I guess. It's better than the 617 in the A9 in a lot of ways. But again it will likely only be worthwhile for americans or wherever it's priced like that. Surely won't be in Canada.

edit: 329 in canada. Not bad.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just got my Nexus 6P in. Gorgeous phone.

My Nexus 6 never had a notification light. Are there any good apps to change the color based on type of notification?

this_guy

OnePlus X does look nice for the price, but it's still from OnePlus. Their phones have great specs on paper but that seems to be their best attribute.

801 isn't bad I guess. It's better than the 617 in the A9 in a lot of ways. But again it will likely only be worthwhile for americans or wherever it's priced like that. Surely won't be in Canada.

edit: 329 in canada. Not bad.

€269 in Europe. That's pretty good.

e: "How to get an invite? Coming Soon", not so good.

I'd definitely be much more comfortable, if I could buy the phone from a retailer.

i know, should have used 805.

Qualcomm didn't have enough leftovers from that one. The 801 is basically the next best thing.

One Minus fail. No band 17. SMH. No WiFi ac either. Why buy this? Moto G is much more appealing.

I had to search for "band 17", because it didn't make sense.
Turns out it's not really important.

Instead, we all know that the lack of wireless charging is the real deal breaker for this phone.

Is there a phone that beats the Oneplus X for ~$249? It doesn't charge tax(at least not in SoCal) and shipping cost ~$15.

The Moto G 3rd Gen costs $220 before tax.

The elephant in the room is the invite system. However, the rest seems greet.

1+X has a 8MP front facing camera.

this_guy

The things you listed don't matter to most people.

Moto G is ass.

Crappy CPU, bad camera and screen quality. Build can't compare to metal and gorilla glass 4.

Specs dont matter to most people. OnePlus has nice specs and that's about it. The new Moto G has a serviceable camera and uses the same sensor as last year's Nexus 6.

Qualcomm didn't have enough leftovers from that one. The 801 is basically the next best thing.

I had to search for "band 17", because it didn't make sense.
Turns out it's not really important.

Instead, we all know that the lack of wireless charging is the real deal breaker for this phone.

Wut? Band 17 is huge for AT&T. Not important indeed.

zewone

Is there a phone that beats the Oneplus X for ~$249? It doesn't charge tax(at least not in SoCal) and shipping cost ~$15.

The invite system is only for one month. After that it will be sold without an invite once a week.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Zenfone 2 is $229 for the 16 gig version with 4 gig of RAM.

That being said I am one of those that like the One Plus XX.

BTW Oneplus X isn't using the top-of-the-line 801, but a 801 with a dockclocked GPU.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is a much better deal, outside of the AMOLED screen.

ifixit has a tear down of the 6P. Batter is a monster.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+6P+Teardown/51660

wow, looks like a nightmare to even swap out the battery.

d1wUCWb.jpg

and just forget about fixing a cracked screen.

Vanillalite

What's great is the base Zenfone 2 (not the spinoffs) is getting close to a year old.

So (in theory) we should getting a new model in the next couple of months. ZF2 launched in January.

What's great is the base Zenfone 2 (not the spinoffs) is getting close to a year old.

So (in theory) we should getting a new model in the next couple of months. ZF2 launched in January.
yeah there's already been rumours here and there, the latest being that it will include type-c.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
so i checked out the zenphone 2 after recommendations from here but that thing is just so effin' huge :(

I have a galaxy s3 with a 4.9 inch screen and that's already a bit big for me...

zewone

so i checked out the zenphone 2 after recommendations from here but that thing is just so effin' huge :(

I have a galaxy s3 with a 4.9 inch screen and that's already a bit big for me...

Phones with less than 5" screen are becoming quite rare.

Accept your new large phone overlords.

I'd rather buy the OPX over the Moto G tbh. Moto G looks like and feels like shit. It's not like Moto supports their phones anymore anyways.

Vanillalite

The three main things the Zenfone 3 needs are

Fingerprint Scanner
Better Camera
Improved body style

The current body style is really a big brick slab, and the camera is just OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom