• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cube444

So regarding your 6P purchases from Google, how long did it take to go from "processing" status to "shipping" status for you guys?

Ixian

So regarding your 6P purchases from Google, how long did it take to go from "processing" status to "shipping" status for you guys?
Ordered mine last night, shipped just now lol. Currently on the phone with Huawei to cancel my order placed through their site. I think I'm going to trade my Galaxy S6 in for an iPhone 6S+ at the T-Mobile store since I don't need two Android phones and I do kind of like the new iPhone quite a bit, though I still wish I could change the default apps.

So I accidentally killed my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (which I was very unsatisfied with overall) and bought a cheap Motorola Moto G third generation and I perceive no difference in quality at all. Not gonna spend more than 200 bucks on phones in the future. I see no point at all especially since I basically just use mobile internet, social media, spotify, podcasts and so forth. Not even sure why I got that expensive ass cell phone in the first place. High performance is entirely wasted on me.

linkboy

So I accidentally killed my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (which I was very unsatisfied with overall) and bought a cheap Motorola Moto G third generation and I perceive no difference in quality at all. Not gonna spend more than 200 bucks on phones in the future. I see no point at all especially since I basically just use mobile internet, social media, spotify, podcasts and so forth. Not even sure why I got that expensive ass cell phone in the first place. High performance is entirely wasted on me.

$399 is the max for me. I tend to stay a year behind (nexus 4 after the 5 came out, nexus 5 after the 6 and i just bought a 6 when it hit $399 to have a non-international model again since I'm heading back to the states.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fascinating how people loved the Z3C this time last year and now those owners are all desperate to jump ship.

Pyrokai

So that video where the guy (JerryRigEverything) easily bends the Nexus 6p, well he decided to do it a second time (sort of): Nexus 6p is a joke! Round TWO - Why does it bend?

Very interesting, if I may so myself.

Edit:

giphy.gif

Yikes. :S

Wow, that's crazy. It seems legit, then.

Is this swaying anyone else's decision at all? I'm seriously a bit worried now and contemplating canceling it for the 5X instead....

Husker86

Is this swaying anyone else's decision at all? I'm seriously a bit worried now and contemplating canceling it for the 5X instead....
Yeah, I regret getting my 6P. I frequently try to bend my phones in half and it doesn't look like this one will last long.

Pyrokai

Haha, okay, okay. I will still get it.

But what if it's in my pocket in such a way that when I go and sit down it bends it in half at the precise weak spot!?
This is only semiserious : p

Are there drop tests or ratings for how much protection the different 6P cases offer? Like how much good the official microfibre-backed one do when dropped? I have only seen vague guesses.

You shouldn't do it all the time, but running li-ions down to 0% every now and then can help them reset.
Thank you. :)

zatara

Played with the v10 today, god why couldn't lg have this build quality in a smaller phone. loved the rubberish back and the metal build felt really nice but its longer than my dick so one handed use is out of the question.

reKon

Banned
I should get my 6P next week. Finally.

Why

To show off to the poor peasants that probably use Android phones

It's understandable that you've come to the realization that you don't need to pay a ton of money for a satisfying phone experience. With that said the Z3 Compact is still a much better phone and still blows out the Moto G in performance. The One Plus X will likely do the same and it's only $30 - $50 more...

Not sure how much you paid for your Xperia or why you were very unsatisfied...

reKon

Banned

Until you see reports of it bending in people's pockets, I wouldn't be.

Isn't that what caused bend-gate with the iPhone to be a huge issue?

hitgirl

How long until there will be custom roms for 5x? Love the phone but getting tired of no root, YouTube ads, and a few of the Google apps I never use.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bend test some posters in this ot

Exokell

Banned
Played with the 6p for like 15 minutes. Holy shit it feels so nice on the hand, really premium feeling and its heavy. The screen doesn't look that nice though. Like its really orange or something. Can't wait to play with it more tomorrow. Beautiful phone BTW. Pictures don't do this phone any justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom