• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

There's a sim tray, sd card combo that's popular these days. That would be cool, particularly with M's new sd card thing.
Yeah, some Huawei phones have them.

o_O

No mention of it on the slides either and you'd think it would be a big talking point since Nexus hasn't had one in years.

Guess have to wait and see...one day left

I'm just too hyped for my own good. I want to see the conference right now!

That's gotta be an error
I hope not, this means the return of mSD cards to the nexus line!

Jzero

That's gotta be an error

It's probably one of these:

moto-x-pure-sim-sd-card.jpg

One more day :D

Pachimari

Just a quick question, isn't it possible to have different wallpapers on each screen? So lets say you have 3 home screen and want a Persona 5 wallpaper for your main one, and when you swipe left it'll be a black background.

Can't I do this with Android?

Kuros

Just a quick question, isn't it possible to have different wallpapers on each screen? So lets say you have 3 home screen and want a Persona 5 wallpaper for your main one, and when you swipe left it'll be a black background.

Can't I do this with Android?

Yes. You'll need a custom launcher to do it.

SimleuqiR

Wow, it really does seem the 5X is really being kept under wraps so much more than the 6P. I hope they aren't afraid of it being crappy? I dunno haha...

Prior to the 6P leaks changing peoples minds/opinions on the phone the 5X was the most sought after the two. When the Nexus 6 came out many of the 5 owners just didn't upgrade. And when rumors of the LG 5(2) starting trickling out people got really excited at the prospect of a successor to the LG Nexus 5.

I would think if the 5X was truly a full disappointment they would have release that one out first.

kami_sama

Prior to the 6P leaks changing peoples minds/opinions on the phone the 5X was the most sought after the two. When the Nexus 6 came out many of the 5 owners just didn't upgrade. And when rumors of the LG 5(2) starting trickling out people got really excited at the prospect of a successor to the LG Nexus 5.

I would think if the 5X was truly a full disappointment they would have release that one out first.

Part of me hopes that the phone will be everything we hoped. Believe™.

I think the majority are still on #teamNormal

ShCLM8P.png

NewFresh

Just got an email and confirmed in chatting with cs. They are delaying my Moto X PE until... Whenever they can get me one. So this sucks.

CronoShot

No way is there an SD card slot.

Not only is this Google we're talking about, there was no mention of it in all the leaked slides we got for the 6P.

No way is there an SD card slot.

Not only is this Google we're talking about, there was no mention of it in all the leaked slides we got for the 6P.

It's definitely odd that there's been zero mention of one until now. However, regulatory filings carry a lot of weight. It's entirely possible the slot is physically there, likely hidden within the SIM card slot, but unused/deactivated in the retail device.

gcubed

Yea, stop getting rumors from shit places.

My grandmother told me that she heard that the graphite nexus 6 came with a pencil and smelled like graphite when you opened the box

Anth1888

Android Police: [Exclusive] Nexus 5X Will Start At $379.99, Available For Pre-Order On September 29th In The U.S., UK, Korea, Japan, and Ireland

Which will probably mean £350+ over here, which for 16GB and 2GB of RAM is too expensive, needs to be £299. Some great S6 Edge deals at the moment, will probably pick up one of those now. Disappointed.

gcubed

Which will probably mean £350+ over here, which for 16GB and 2GB of RAM is too expensive, needs to be £299. Some great S6 Edge deals at the moment, will probably pick up one of those now. Disappointed.

Let's stop this 2gb rumor. If you are taking everything else AP says about these phones as legit, stop bringing up 2GB

HawkeyeIC

AP - [Exclusive] Nexus 6P Will Be Available For Pre-Order On September 29th Starting $499.99 In The U.S., UK, Ireland, Canada, And Japan

Lol, how much does a microsd card reader cost for Google not to include it?

Even the cheap chinese phones have it.

Load of BS.

Google making the 5X completely irrelevant with the price of the 6P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom