• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Samsung has had them on different sides from jump and they still do it now. I don't know why companies think the same side is fine when volume up and power can easily be mistaken for one another because they place the buttons so close together.

Yep, when I had the Moto Pure for a few days I repeatedly hit power by mistake when trying to change the volume.

And damn noone wants to buy the OP2 even at cost now. I'm gonna have to return it and pay shipping. If anyone wants one and wants it at cost give me a shout before I return it.

Pachimari

You could try turning off 'Direct Play' and 'Direct Stream' in the settings of the Plex Android app and see if that helps. It should force everything to be transcoded regardless of whether it's a file format that your device should be able to play natively.
This didn't help either. Oh well, I'll create another thread for this subject. :)

Now I also wonder if the 6P will be better than the S6 Edge.

I agree. Samsung has had them on different sides from jump and they still do it now. I don't know why companies think the same side is fine when volume up and power can easily be mistaken for one another because they place the buttons so close together.
This lol. I’ve lost count on the number of times I’ve hit the power button when trying to change volume on devices with this retarded placement.

Very nice. How will T-Mobile WiFi calling work? Will it sense the T-Mobile sim and auto install the app or what?

Also, I used an iPhone 6S+ today and I'm back fully on the android bandwagon. Just don't like ios at all.
I used one yesterday and it was crazy smooth, but when I went to the home screen I realized I couldnt go back to it. Nice phone doe.

Anyways to balance iPhone talk, I like how the hump isn't as terrible as I was expecting but I'm holding out for more info on the 5X, I don't want a big phone for my tiny hands.

Are these confirmed or just a rumor? I would've bought a 128GB model for 700 CAD.
That was just a guess based off speculation.
Very nice. How will T-Mobile WiFi calling work? Will it sense the T-Mobile sim and auto install the app or what?

Also, I used an iPhone 6S+ today and I'm back fully on the android bandwagon. Just don't like ios at all.
I'm not too sure since I've never used WiFi calling.

Lunar FC

Random question that I don't know where to ask here: Do you guys know of a method to get photos off of a really old phone (OG LG Chocolate) that doesn't have wifi and has a busted micro SD slot?

Groof

So the Nexus 5X has Laser autofocus. Why is it that only LG phones have these. Do they have some sort of agreement or licensing or something whatever you call it.

I'm happy to have it but always wondered why it wasn't more widespread.

probably because it's LG tech and nobody wants to license something that barely does any difference now that PDAF is getting more widespread in mobile camera sensors

Husker86

Does Samsung Pay use NFC as well as the magnetic stripe emulation? If so, does anyone know what happens when both Android Pay and Samsung Pay are installed and you tap an NFC payment terminal? Is it just a standard "Choose which app you'd like to open with" prompt?

Toki767

Does Samsung Pay use NFC as well as the magnetic stripe emulation? If so, does anyone know what happens when both Android Pay and Samsung Pay are installed and you tap an NFC payment terminal? Is it just a standard "Choose which app you'd like to open with" prompt?
You can set a default.

CronoShot

You set the default app under NFC -> Tap and Pay

You have to pick a default.

tzare

Basically what everyone said. Gotta buy the app.

if i am not mistaken, the first time you run the app it lets you run a movie for a limited time. Maybe that is why he could watch a movie once but couldn't later. Or maybe a codec issue, but never had any using Plex app myself.

Wow, it really does seem the 5X is really being kept under wraps so much more than the 6P. I hope they aren't afraid of it being crappy? I dunno haha...

Wow, it really does seem the 5X is really being kept under wraps so much more than the 6P. I hope they aren't afraid of it being crappy? I dunno haha...
Yupp ... need that N6P presentation leak for the 5X, just to finally clarify the RAM differences between the leaks. Although, a pricing leak on top of that would be the cake's icing!

Hopefully they leak the slides for the 5X tomorrow morning. Sunday is usually a low traffic day so maybe they opted to pass on a leak today.

I want them to leak the Chromecast again, but I also want to leave something for Tuesday.

I feel like we pretty much know everything about the 6P now. Hanging by a thread for wireless charging since Qualcomm figured out how to do it with metal, but I feel like that would have been in that leaked training deck as well.

My predictions on US pricing:

5X 16GB $349
5X 32GB $399

6P 32GB $599
6P 64GB $699
6P 128GB $799

Hope I'm wrong and its less for the 6P but I feel like they will match pricing given for these phones in previous years.

Pachimari

I'm currently sitting with a Samsung Galaxy Mega, and now I see I can't uninstall some Samsung apps but only hide them with Nova. It kinda sucks.

Would you guys go with Google Photos, Drive or Dropbox for your photos?

I currently use Dropbox but I always run out of space, so I'm thinking the free 15gb on Drive would be a good idea.

kami_sama

I'm currently sitting with a Samsung Galaxy Mega, and now I see I can't uninstall some Samsung apps but only hide them with Nova. It kinda sucks.

Would you guys go with Google Photos, Drive or Dropbox for your photos?

I currently use Dropbox but I always run out of space, so I'm thinking the free 15gb on Drive would be a good idea.

In Photos there's an unlimited option. Also try Debloater for uninstalling *some* samsung apps.
A warning, some of these apps are necessary for the OS to function properly.

Also, there's speculation that the 6P display in the one from the S4 :(
But we'll see.

Jzero

So will the 6P have its own bendgate?

btw the 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm dimensions are sounding awesome. Just what i wanted.

oldmario

slightly off topic but does google keep work for anyone using firefox 41? for me it loads up all my notes but will continuously load so i can't make a new note or do anything other than just viewing them

Are these confirmed or just a rumor? I would've bought a 128GB model for 700 CAD.
I made them up

Also:

jjlvC9B.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom