• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
Sweet.

Yeah, overall that setlist has some cool songs, but also some very bad songs. I give it a C+.

That's cute, but your definition of a "very bad song" is one that was on an album that sold more than 500,000 copies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Grecco said:
Covers arent allowed?

Of course they're not, otherwise Led Zeppelin and the Beatles would have been in GH1.
In GH2, they desperately wanted Roth-era Van Halen, but couldn't get permission to do covers. Their solution? They got permission to do a song written by the Kinks, then performed it like Van Halen did.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
TAJ said:
Of course they're not, otherwise Led Zeppelin and the Beatles would have been in GH1.
In GH2, they desperately wanted Roth-era Van Halen, but couldn't get permission to do covers. Their solution? They got permission to do a song written by the Kinks, then performed it like Van Halen did.
it should also be noted that I would bet serious money on the thought that All the Young Dudes in GH:A is the arrangement from Bruce Dickenson's (Iron Maiden lead singer) first solo album. Mott the Hoople is still credited, but it sounds almost identical to Bruce's version.

Grecco

TAJ said:

:( Lesson learned. Still have hopes for Estranged though 1 outa 2 aint bad

TAJ

No, my definition of a very bad song is one I loathe listening to.

But you loathe listening to music that too many other people like, so it's really the same thing, isn't it?

borghe

You know.....? I really hope GHWT steps up to the challenge.. first you had guitar hero 1 & 2. We saw from GH:80s that Activision was well ok with getting lazy on development.. Then with Rock Band shown off, Activision stepped up their game with GH3 which was for the most part excellent. With the success of RB Activision knew it had to step up its game further and GHWT looks solid. But still, as it stands right now I don't think many would disagree that RB2 has outhyped GH yet again, and I have to believe that a lot of that stemmed from just how solid GHWT looks. I am just hoping that Activision sees this as the gauntlet being thrown and works to bring as of yet unreleased info to the game...

competition is such a wonderful thing :)

borghe

Defcon said:
Pretty badass set list. I hope the PS3 release isn't more than a few weeks after 360.
God I wish there was a way I could transfer my 360 songs to PS3.. I would buy the whole set all over again. Rock Band is the only reason my 360 sees play time any more... if I could economically transfer all 68 of my DLC songs to PS3 I would do it in a heart beat.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I guess the leak took a lot of the wind out of their sales, but I'm still glad to see that awesome setlist confirmed.

Ceres

Banned
If they have to do a Lacuna Coil why must it always be the shitty songs? Swamped is the worst song from Comalies and I'd much rather have that then anything from Karmacode. Stuff from In a Reverie or Unleashed Memories would have been far better though.

XShagrath

Ceres said:
If they have to do a Lacuna Coil why must it always be the shitty songs? Swamped is the worst song from Comalies and I'd much rather have that then anything from Karmacode. Stuff from In a Reverie or Unleashed Memories would have been far better though.
Agreed. In A Reverie is superb!

borghe

I don't see what your point is. I'm still buying the game.
I think the point is that people always feel the need to jump out in these games and say "Well, that setlist is underwhelming". Now obviously you don't need to be in love with or even like every song.... but to actually complain about this setlist, especially with a "C+" grade... is yeah, coming off as some wannabe elitist snob. If anything can be said about this setlist it's that the number of genres and time periods it spans are unprecedented.. If anyone seriously has anything overly negative to say about this setlist (which one would usually consider a C+ negative) you would instantly have to wonder why they are buying a game called Rock Band (with the extremely wide scope that that name implies) and not instead holding out for [insert the only genre they really want to play in here] Band.

vl379.jpg

Most export = cool. Track list = pretty cool.

No megaton is sad though. Kinda sucks we know everything. And Van Halen and Eagles are GH exclusive? :(

Ceres

Banned
XShagrath said:
Agreed. In A Reverie is superb!

It's a shame two vocalists kills a lot of songs. Songs like Honeymoon Suite, Stately Lover, Cold and My Wings would just be awesome to sing. Seeing them live the last time was so disappointing when the coverage of their "older" material consisted of no more than Swamped & Heaven's a Lie. When I saw them with Stolen Babies & Within Temptation, I skipped their set to get home earlier even though I knew they were actually going to do more of the older material that tour.
On the other hand, I'm really surprised a band like Evanescence hasn't appeared considering they're bigger than LC. Amy's probably too big a bitch these days to allow the music in the game.

On another note, I sent the tracklist to someone and bolded all the "looking forward to most" songs.

1960 - 1
1970 - 3
1980 - 5
1990 - 5
2000 - 1
Not surprising considering when I was born and how "non-mainstream" my current music is.

borghe said:
I think the point is that people always feel the need to jump out in these games and say "Well, that setlist is underwhelming". Now obviously you don't need to be in love with or even like every song.... but to actually complain about this setlist, especially with a "C+" grade... is yeah, coming off as some wannabe elitist snob. If anything can be said about this setlist it's that the number of genres and time periods it spans are unprecedented.. If anyone seriously has anything overly negative to say about this setlist (which one would usually consider a C+ negative) you would instantly have to wonder why they are buying a game called Rock Band (with the extremely wide scope that that name implies) and not instead holding out for [insert the only genre they really want to play in here] Band.

I'd understand if I were flaming Harmonix or acting uncivilised, but the fact of the matter is I'm not 100% content with the setlist, and I have the right to express that. I'm still really happy about all the new features and especially the RB1 song importing, but after RB1s amazing songs I was expecting somewhat more from what they were hyping up as the best setlist ever (although I understand they probably would have said that regardless of the actual content).

Really though, I know I'm going to have a blast playing some of those songs, and there's always DLC to keep me satisfied.

Ceres

Banned
borghe said:
God I wish there was a way I could transfer my 360 songs to PS3.. I would buy the whole set all over again. Rock Band is the only reason my 360 sees play time any more... if I could economically transfer all 68 of my DLC songs to PS3 I would do it in a heart beat.

*cough*become friends with someone who purchased all the songs on their own PS3*cough*

PuMa

sublime085 said:
Lazy Eye confirmed! Fuck yes.

20 free tracks? RB1 disc exporting?

HMX are gods, developers of the best game ever confirmed.

The weird thing is that I was just listening to this song not too long ago thinking, "Wow, this would be an amazing song for Rock Band"! Awesome. I just hope its the faster version...

XShagrath

People on ScoreHero and the official RB forums are speculating that the "most" on the export feature means we're probably missing the Aerosmith track, due to exclusivity.

Also, the stick of joy is stating that there's a $5 charge to use the Export feature. I call bullshit, but we'll see.

Oreoleo

epmode said:
TEENAGE RIOT. So awesome.

I love Harmonix more than anything ever. Even more than the Final Fantasy 13 thread.

Seriously. I can't believe more people aren't creaming over this, myself :)

AND Dinosaur Jr. Oh lawd.

borghe

Orellio said:
Seriously. I can't believe more people aren't creaming over this, myself :)

AND Dinosaur Jr. Oh lawd.
DJ was actually the song that probably raised my eyebrow the second highest (only behind Battery). It is a very memorable song from my extremely formative early 20's, saw heavy airplay on the then alternative rock station, and I was willing to plop down a cool 99¢ for it on itunes as soon as the service went up only to not find it and download it "elsewhere". Despite that I've gone back to itunes numerous times to try and buy it legit.

very pleased about that one.

Grecco

Excited about both games actually.

Really curious about Rock Bands 20 songs, and the "almost all" thing Alex said at the con.

Anyways cant wait.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Over 500 songs playable in RB by the end of the year. God Damn.

I can't wait to see the DLC after RB2 releases.

I must have looked through the list a million times but it just sunk in that The Talking Heads' Psycho Killer is in this game. Dear god yes.

XShagrath

duderon said:
Over 500 songs playable in RB by the end of the year. God Damn.

I can't wait to see the DLC after RB2 releases.
Counting The Who and the 104 RB2 songs, they still need to put up about 7 a week for the next 24 weeks to meet their 500 song mark.

XShagrath said:
Counting The Who and the 104 RB2 songs, they still need to put up about 7 a week for the next 24 weeks to meet their 500 song mark.

That means 28 songs a month. This is awesome news but it will probably be more like 3 or 4 almost every week and then a full album / greatest hits of around 16.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
XShagrath said:
People on ScoreHero and the official RB forums are speculating that the "most" on the export feature means we're probably missing the Aerosmith track, due to exclusivity.

Also, the stick of joy is stating that there's a $5 charge to use the Export feature. I call bullshit, but we'll see.

I think its purpose is twofold. 1, blocks people from renting the first for free songs. 2, gives some money to cover licensing the first game's songs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
borghe said:
DJ was actually the song that probably raised my eyebrow the second highest (only behind Battery). It is a very memorable song from my extremely formative early 20's, saw heavy airplay on the then alternative rock station, and I was willing to plop down a cool 99¢ for it on itunes as soon as the service went up only to not find it and download it "elsewhere". Despite that I've gone back to itunes numerous times to try and buy it legit.

very pleased about that one.

"Feel the Pain" really is a perfect Rock Band song. Very surprising and nice inclusion; I had forgotten about the song for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom