• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle AJ

RattleHead_ said:
Just pretend playing like that on your rb set, it wouldn't be possible because you would have to cross over to red with your right hand for every snare hit.

Wait wait wait... why can't I use the left hand to hit red snare? I just tried this out. Yes you have to move the left hand down instead of moving the right hand up, but it's totally do-able.

Mapping hi-hat to red and snare to yellow certainly makes sense in the context of how an actual drum-kit is set up, but let's not pretend the RB is an authenitc drum kit. If they're going to lay down general rules for the gameplay like "red=snare, yellow=hihat, green=crash, etc.", they should at least be consistent about it. It especially annoys me during the drum fills for activating Overdrive during RTTH. I'm hearing tons of hi-hat, then all of a sudden, all of that red pad I'm hitting sounds like snare.

It's incredibly trivial, I know, and something like that certainly won't stop me from loving the hell out of RB2, but when you play Expert drums on and off for the past 9 months, you tend to notice little things like that.

DuckRacer

So that leaked email was real. Whodathunkit.

All I know is that I would like to think I was the first to speculate the Chinese Democracy song. Maybe we'll get the CD album as DLC on the day of the album's release?

I'd just like to say though that the setlist is impossible to beat, period. AC/DC, Dream Theater, GnR, Jimmy Eat World, Lacuna Coil, Megadeth, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Eye of the Tiger, Living on a Prayer, Ace of Spades, Carry On Wayward Son, Everlong... my god.

I'd love to see how GHWT is going to match this, because otherwise I'm going to be like that GHWT dev on SA who's excited for RB more than GH.

Grecco

Duck said:
I'd love to see how GHWT is going to match this, because otherwise I'm going to be like that GHWT dev on SA who's excited for RB more than GH.

GH will be all right. Pantera, Metallica, Tool, Smashing Pumkins ect ect.

I just hope we get some older GnR now on RB

birdman

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still waiting on full confirmation for that list before I get all sentimental.

Mo the Hawk said:
Wait wait wait... why can't I use the left hand to hit red snare? I just tried this out. Yes you have to move the left hand down instead of moving the right hand up, but it's totally do-able.
You can play left-hand lead, but a) that option isn't readily obvious to the average RB player, b) it's not really standard form, and c) the original drummers most likely played those parts right-hand lead.

If they're going to lay down general rules for the gameplay like "red=snare, yellow=hihat, green=crash, etc.", they should at least be consistent about it.
They never explicitly say that red = snare and yellow = high hat, probably for this very reason.

You're right that consistency is ideal, but when you're mapping 7+ drums/cymbals to 4 pads, you have to make a few concessions. Personally I'd rather they err on the side of playability rather than consistency (which the controller forces them to break fairly often anyway).

Duck said:
Haha, seriously? That's awesome.

DuckRacer

birdman said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm still waiting on full confirmation for that list before I get all sentimental.
That list called the exact name of an unannounced song in an infamous, unreleased album. Do you just not want to be disappointed "just in case" or what?

Duck said:
That list called the exact name of an unannounced song in an infamous, unreleased album. Do you just not want to be disappointed "just in case" or what?

I remember someone saying both lists were somewhat right but neither was 100%.

*shrugs*

Neither of them have "Blue Eyed Devil" by the band Soul Coughing, so I'm just crossing my legs, putting on a Chopin record, and waiting.

birdman

Duck said:

Bad Religion's not in the second list ;_;

Ridley327

M3wThr33 said:
Second list is the real deal?
Sweet. PATD! (But no PUSA. damn.)

?

RB2 Leak List of Complete Win said:
55 Presidents of the USA - Lump

So, I've been thinking about how Rock Band 1 songs would be able to play in Rock Band 2 and I can't believe no one has suggested that the Rock Band 2 itself comes with a disc that has specially-prepared versions of the songs that can go right onto your hard drive. Thoughts?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If the second list is really REALLY real, then that's awesome. On first sight, I thought it looked much better than the first.

DuckRacer

Ridley327 said:
So, I've been thinking about how Rock Band 1 songs would be able to play in Rock Band 2 and I can't believe no one has suggested that the Rock Band 2 itself comes with a disc that has specially-prepared versions of the songs that can go right onto your hard drive. Thoughts?
They'd be better off putting the RB1 songs on the RB2 disc itself.

Speculation:

RB1 songs will be in RB2 as "subscription" content. That is, every 30 days you pop in RB1, and itll verify you have the rights.

PS2s and Wiis excluded

Ridley327

Duck said:
They'd be better off putting the RB1 songs on the RB2 disc itself.

If it was possible, sure, but with 80 some-odd songs on the disc already, you'd be really hard-pressed to try and fit nearly 60 more with the same set of audio effects and whatnot that are present in on-disc songs. I doubt it's impossible, but I'd be really surprised if they could get all of that to fit on one DVD.

Enron said:
I would prefer that we get confirmation that "Alex Chilton" is wrong, and that the Replacements song in the game is instead "Another Girl, Another Planet".

Oh holy hell that would rule

Just now seeing your response, and I'll say this: I will accept any 'Mats song with arms wide open!

jett

D-Member
:lol That's definitely the UBER announcement.

Silly me for me thinking it'd be something like Led Zeppelin. LULZ.

A new GnR track is definitely second prize. Axel has been shut away so long we have no idea if his new stuff is any good.

It does point to the leaked list being true though, because that was the track that no-one would have made up on a fake set list since no-one had really heard of it.

laserbeam

Banned
The Innocent X said:
A new GnR track is definitely second prize. Axel has been shut away so long we have no idea if his new stuff is any good.

It does point to the leaked list being true though, because that was the track that no-one would have made up on a fake set list since no-one had really heard of it.

Oh theres 9 tracks of Chinese Democracy out there. Axl is still pretty good these days <.<

laserbeam said:
Oh theres 9 tracks of Chinese Democracy out there. Axl is still pretty good these days <.<

Really? OK, well I'd still prefer that it was some classic GnR but this is better than nothing. I do like the rest of the leaked list I have to say.

laserbeam

Banned
The Innocent X said:
Really? OK, well I'd still prefer that it was some classic GnR but this is better than nothing. I do like the rest of the leaked list I have to say.

I have a feeling Guns N Roses will be getting its own big push to tie in with Chinese Democracies release. The bands management office is in talks with both Rock Band and Guitar Hero Developers.

Tim-E

Look what I found on IGN's Wii page.

2qwgetd.png

There's no story up yet. Does this mean they'll be announcing (or confirming that second list) today?

Grecco

laserbeam said:
I have a feeling Guns N Roses will be getting its own big push to tie in with Chinese Democracies release. The bands management office is in talks with both Rock Band and Guitar Hero Developers.

I would love Harmonix forever if i could get Estranged, and Live and Let Die.

Baker

Banned
The ign article is up with the full track list...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888781p1.html

1. AC/DC Let There Be Rock 1970s
2. AFI Girl's Gone Grey 2000s
3. Alanis Morissette You Oughta Know 1990s
4. Alice in Chains Man in the Box 1990s
5. Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man 1970s
6. Avenged Sevenfold Almost Easy 2000s
7. Bad Company Shooting Star 1970s
8. Beastie Boys So Whatcha Want 1990s
9. Beck E-Pro 2000s
10. Bikini Kill Rebel Girl 1990s
11. Billy Idol White Wedding Pt. I 1980s
12. Blondie One Way or Another 1970s
13. Bob Dylan Tangled Up in Blue 1970s
14. Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
15. Cheap Trick Hello There 1970s
16. Devo Uncontrollable Urge 1980s
17. Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain 1990s
18. Disturbed Down with the Sickness 2000s
19. Dream Theater Panic Attack 2000s
20. Duran Duran Hungry Like the Wolf 1980s
21. Elvis Costello Pump It Up 1970s
22. Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way 1970s
23. Foo Fighters Everlong 1990s
24. Guns N' Roses Shackler's Revenge 2000s
25. Interpol PDA 2000s
26. Jane's Addiction Mountain Song 1980s
27. Jethro Tull Aqualung 1970s
28. Jimmy Eat World The Middle 2000s
29. Joan Jett Bad Reputation 1980s
30. Journey Anyway You Want It 1970s
31. Judas Priest Painkiller 1990s
32. Kansas Carry On Wayward Son 1970s
33. L7 Pretend We're Dead 1990s
34. Lacuna Coil Our Truth 2000s
35. Linkin Park One Step Closer 2000s
36. Lit My Own Worst Enemy 1990s
37. Lush De-Luxe 1990s
38. Mastodon Colony of Birchmen 2000s
39. Megadeth Peace Sells 1980s
40. Metallica Battery 1980s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones Where'd You Go 1990s
42. Modest Mouse Float On 2000s
43. Motorhead Ace of Spades 1980s
44. Nirvana Drain You 1990s
45. Norman Greenbaum Spirit in the Sky 1960s
46. Panic at the Disco Nine in the Afternoon 2000s
47. Paramore That's What You Get 2000s
48. Pearl Jam Alive 1990s
49. Presidents of the USA Lump 1990s
50. Rage Against the Machine Testify 1990s
51. Ratt Round & Round 1980s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers Give it Away 1990s
53. Rise Against Give it All 2000s
54. Rush The Trees 1970s
55. Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye 2000s
56. Smashing Pumpkins Today 1990s
57. Social Distortion I Was Wrong 1990s
58. Sonic Youth Teenage Riot 1980s
59. Soundgarden Spoonman 1990s
60. Squeeze Cool for Cats 1970s
61. Steely Dan Bodhitsattya 1970s
62. Steve Miller Band Rock'n Me 1970s
63. Survivor Eye of the Tiger 1980s
64. System of a Down Chop Suey 2000s
65. Talking Heads Psycho Killer 1970s
66. Tenacious D Master Exploder 2000s
67. Testament Souls of Black 1990s
68. The Donnas New Kid in School 2000s
69. The Go-Go's We Got the Beat 1980s
70. The Grateful Dead Alabama Getaway 1980s
71. The Guess Who American Woman 1970s
72. The Muffs Kids in America 1990s
73. The Offspring Come Out & Play (Keep 'em Separated) 1990s
74. The Replacements Alex Chilton 1980s
75. The Who Pinball Wizard 1960s
Bonus Tracks
76. Abnormality Visions
77. Anarchy Club Get Clean
78. Bang Camaro Night Lies
79. Breaking Wheel Shoulder to the Plow
80. The Libyans Neighborhood
81. The Main Drag A Jagged Gorgeous Winter
82. Speck Conventional Lover
83. The Sterns Supreme Girl
84. That Handsome Devil Rob the Prez-O-Dent

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Grecco said:
I would love Harmonix forever if i could get Estranged, and Live and Let Die.

Estranged... OMG yes. Live and Let Die... :lol You really think that could happen?:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Grecco

TAJ said:
Estranged... OMG yes. Live and Let Die... :lol You really think that could happen?:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

God i hope so.

Anyways love the list. Still wish we had Damnit from Blink 182

Baker

Banned
ign said:
And there's more. Harmonix actually wanted to toss in 100 tracks total for the disk, but couldn't get them all in one time to ship for Xbox 360 by September. So this fall, MTV is releasing an additional 20 downloadable master tracks... for free. By year's end this will mean RB fans will have access to more than 500 songs.

Holy shit!

Also in the IGN article...

That's right -- from day one you can bring all RB1 tracks into RB2 to compliment your DLC as long as you own a PS3 or an Xbox 360 with a hard drive.

does this mean we can export the disc RB1 songs?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Grecco said:
God i hope so.

I'm not sure you got my point. You might want to look up the songwriting credits on Live And Let Die.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Baker said:
The ign article is up with the full track list...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888781p1.html
I came

Metallica Battery
again
Alice In Chains Man in the Box
and again
Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain
and again
Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way
and again
Jimmy Eat World The Middle
and again
Mighty Mighty Bosstones Where'd You Go
and again
Pearl Jam Alive
and again
System of a Down Chop Suey

As of 5pm today I will have the game pre-ordered. If you really can't get the stand alone game until two weeks later I will be buying a second special edition pack. Greatest setlist of THE MOTHERFUCKING FOREVER!!

Costanza

Banned
And there's more. Harmonix actually wanted to toss in 100 tracks total for the disk, but couldn't get them all in one time to ship for Xbox 360 by September. So this fall, MTV is releasing an additional 20 downloadable master tracks... for free.
omg

ElNino

Sandman42 said:
Did you guys read the article? 20 ADDITIONAL FREE MASTER TRACKS AT LAUNCH! :D :D :D
I don't think they will be there at launch though... the article just says this fall. Still kick ass awesome, however. :D

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm fucking posting twice...... I'll buy GHWT. I'm sure it will be fun. But I will actually weep tears of joy when I pick up my RB2 pre-order.

And there's more. Harmonix actually wanted to toss in 100 tracks total for the disk, but couldn't get them all in one time to ship for Xbox 360 by September. So this fall, MTV is releasing an additional 20 downloadable master tracks... for free.

Sweet.

Yeah, overall that setlist has some cool songs, but also some very bad songs. I give it a C+.

Grecco

TAJ said:
I'm not sure you got my point. You might want to look up the songwriting credits on Live And Let Die.

Covers arent allowed? Its one of the few songs i prefer the cover to the original. Sorry not a fan of wings :)

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I hope they use the radio edit for Down With the Sickness or else that song would get really awkward. I remember being in shock the first time I listened to the album version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom