• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AstroLad said:
"Feel the Pain" really is a perfect Rock Band song. Very surprising and nice inclusion; I had forgotten about the song for years.

Yeah, seriously. Haven't heard that song in years. The Lush and Dino J adds are real highlights.

Mr Jared

Charron said:
I think its purpose is twofold. 1, blocks people from renting the first for free songs. 2, gives some money to cover licensing the first game's songs.

It's mostly the first part. A tiny fee for a DRM license for what, 60+ songs while protecting the licensees? That's a trade I can live with :)

I am so glad this is all out of the bag now!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I hope they keep up with the joke loading screens. Imagine popping on Hungry Like the Wolf and seeing-

"Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss."

Though I have no interest in Freezepop's Canadian exploits.

Mr Jared

BenjaminBirdie said:
Is the Aerosmith hunch right on? I'm just wondering how many songs I need to delete from my Rock Band iTunes playlist.

;D

Hah! Honestly, I have no idea on that one. But when Harmonix says "most," I'm suspect to be like, 95% of what was on the disc. Aerosmith sounds like the obvious possibility.

You know what I'm looking forward to? Copying my Rock Band disc, then going into the 360 system files and deleting the songs I don't want to see again :lol Peace out, In Bloom! I also look forward to giving away my original Rock Band disc and instruments while I upgrade to the new hotness. Sure, they won't be able to copy the songs, but it sure makes for an easy gateway drug.

And an easy way to lower the growing pile of plastic toys :X

The Jer

Charron said:
I hope they keep up with the joke loading screens. Imagine popping on Hungry Like the Wolf and seeing-

"Duran Duran is neither a Duran nor a Duran. Discuss."

Though I have no interest in Freezepop's Canadian exploits.
"Tilting the sixaxis controller will not make you go into overdrive. No matter how hard you try"

"Tip: If you have a fever, the only prescription is more cowbell"

good times...

DuckRacer

Someone on SA speculated this:
Militree said:
Seriously. You could not have done a better job with this if you hired Jesus to work for Harmonix.

I have a bit of a feeling that the other rumored setlist contains the songs we'll see for downloadable content. If anyone is curious, here are the ones missing:

Against Me - Stop!
Bad Religion - Suffer
Blink 182 - Dammit
Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
Free - Alright Now
George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
Static-x - Push it
Testament - Souls of Black
And it makes sense considering that the first 60 song list called a TON of songs, so it doesn't make sense to have some missing due to most being legit.

And if this speculation is true, OMG YES @ Dead Kennedys.

DuckRacer

Youtube links, ALL CREDIT GOES TO CARBOHYDRATES ON SA (don't credit me bb if you put this in the first post):
Carbohydrates said:
1. AC/DC “Let There Be Rock” 1970s
2. AFI “Girl’s Gone Grey” 2000’s
3. Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” 1990’s
4. Alice in Chains “Man in the Box” 1990’s
5. Allman Brothers “Ramblin’ Man” 1970’s
6. Avenged Sevenfold “Almost Easy” 2000’s
7. Bad Company “Shooting Star” 1970’s
8. Beastie Boys “So Whatcha Want” 1990’s
9. Beck “E-Pro” 2000’s
10. Bikini Kill “Rebel Girl” 1990’s
11. Billy Idol “White Wedding Pt. I” 1980’s
12. Blondie “One Way or Another” 1970’s
13. Bob Dylan “Tangled Up in Blue” 1970’s
14. Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a Prayer” 1980’s
15. Cheap Trick “Hello There” 1970’s
16. Devo “Uncontrollable Urge” 1980’s
17. Dinosaur Jr. “Feel the Pain” 1990’s
18. Disturbed “Down with the Sickness” 2000’s
19. Dream Theater “Panic Attack” 2000’s
20. Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf” 1980’s
21. Elvis Costello “Pump It Up” 1970’s
22. Fleetwood Mac “Go Your Own Way” 1970’s
23. Foo Fighters “Everlong” 1990’s
24. Guns N’ Roses “Shackler’s Revenge” 2000’s
25. Interpol “PDA” 2000’s
26. Jane’s Addiction “Mountain Song” 1980’s
27. Jethro Tull “Aqualung” 1970’s
28. Jimmy Eat World “The Middle” 2000’s
29. Joan Jett “Bad Reputation” 1980’s
30. Journey “Anyway You Want It” 1970’s
31. Judas Priest “Painkiller” 1990’s (HOLY FUCKING DRUMS)
32. Kansas “Carry On Wayward Son” 1970’s
33. L7 “Pretend We’re Dead” 1990’s
34. Lacuna Coil “Our Truth” 2000’s
35. Linkin Park “One Step Closer” 2000’s
36. Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” 1990’s
37. Lush “De-Luxe” 1990’s
38. Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” 2000’s
39. Megadeth “Peace Sells” 1980’s
40. Metallica “Battery” 1980’s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones “Where’d You Go” 1990’s
42. Modest Mouse “Float On” 2000’s (cool vid)
43. Motorhead “Ace of Spades” 1980’s
44. Nirvana “Drain You” 1990’s
45. Norman Greenbaum “Spirit in the Sky” 1960’s
46. Panic at the Disco “Nine in the Afternoon” 2000’s
47. Paramore “That’s What You Get” 2000’s
48. Pearl Jam “Alive” 1990’s
49. Presidents of the USA “Lump” 1990’s
50. Rage Against the Machine “Testify” 1990’s
51. Ratt “Round & Round” 1980’s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers “Give it Away” 1990’s
53. Rise Against “Give it All” 2000’s
54. Rush “The Trees” 1970’s
55. Silversun Pickups “Lazy Eye” 2000’s
56. Smashing Pumpkins “Today” 1990’s
57. Social Distortion “I Was Wrong” 1990’s
58. Sonic Youth “Teenage Riot” 1980’s
59. Soundgarden “Spoonman” 1990’s
60. Squeeze “Cool for Cats” 1970’s
61. Steely Dan “Bodhitsattva” 1970’s
62. Steve Miller Band “Rock’n Me” 1970’s
63. Survivor “Eye of the Tiger” 1980’s (lol)
64. System of a Down “Chop Suey” 2000’s
65. Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” 1970’s
66. Tenacious D “Master Exploder” 2000’s
67. Testament “Souls of Black” 1990’s
68. The Donnas “New Kid in School” 2000’s (Having trouble with this one)
69. The Go-Go’s “We Got the Beat” 1980’s
70. The Grateful Dead “Alabama Getaway” 1980’s (Hahaha)
71. The Guess Who “American Woman” 1970’s
72. The Muffs “Kids in America” 1990’s
73. The Offspring “Come Out & Play (Keep ‘em Separated)” 1990’s
74. The Replacements “Alex Chilton” 1980’s
75. The Who “Pinball Wizard” 1960’s

Bonus Artist Bonus Song Title Decade
76. Abnormality “Visions” 2000’s
77. Anarchy Club “Get Clean” 2000’s
78. Bang Camaro “Night Lies” 2000’s
79. Breaking Wheel “Shoulder to the Plow” 2000’s
80. The Libyans “Neighborhood” 2000’s (?)
81. The Main Drag “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter” 2000’s
82. Speck “Conventional Lover” 2000’s (There are a lot of Myspace hits for this and I don't feel like wading through them)
83. The Sterns “Supreme Girl” 2000’s
84. That Handsome Devil “Rob the Prez-O-Dent” 2000’s

e: Done!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Grecco said:
Really curious about ... the "almost all" thing Alex said at the con.
My guess is they had to get permission for each and every track to have it ripped to the hard drive and some bands/managers/labels said no for whatever reason (like Aerosmith because of GH exclusivity, etc)

Hop

Am I the only one kinda hyping for the 20 bonus songs we still don't know? I mean, I'm wondering if it's a bonus 20 songs (like, Free or Dead Kennedys or Against Me), or 20 'bonus songs'. Could mean we'll still see Freezepop and Honest Bob and Acro-Brats and Count Zero and can you tell I kinda like the bonus bands?

Memles

Really curious, after listening, what they do with the string/piano dominated Nine in the Afternoon with its strings outro and its general lack of guitar.

But this song list? So diverse. I'm totally not into the metal, but there's more than enough for me here.

Duck said:
Someone on SA speculated this:

And it makes sense considering that the first 60 song list called a TON of songs, so it doesn't make sense to have some missing due to most being legit.

And if this speculation is true, OMG YES @ Dead Kennedys.
I've wanted any Against Me! in Rock Band since day 1. :D

DuckRacer

Charron said:
Am I the only one kinda hyping for the 20 bonus songs we still don't know? I mean, I'm wondering if it's a bonus 20 songs (like, Free or Dead Kennedys or Against Me), or 20 'bonus songs'. Could mean we'll still see Freezepop and Honest Bob and Acro-Brats and Count Zero and can you tell I kinda like the bonus bands?
I think it's a mix of both.

DuckRacer

21esx00.jpg

Getting that gas mask is the first thing I'm doing in this game.

Grecco

Not having to do a song thats hard and being able to go back to it later is neat. Sometimes the song is hard, sometimes you just dont like it.

Onemic

Yes, fucking Mastodon is in this game! And Pearl Jam.

I'm gonna be so broke when this game comes out, especially since I'm getting the ION drum kit.

I just listened to De-luxe, and it sound really good, even though the singer doesn't sound like she's speaking English whatsoever.

Ceres

Banned
Grecco said:
Not having to do a song thats hard and being able to go back to it later is neat. Sometimes the song is hard, sometimes you just dont like it.

Thank god. There are some songs I really hated playing in RB. When doing multiple tours and going through multiple difficulties it got so tedious.

123rl

It sounds like a good idea - there's a few songs in Rock Band that are in the wrong difficulty set (guitar - Suffragette City should be at least two sets higher than it is currently!)

Hop

Daigoro said:
WTF seriously?!

why. just why.

cant wait till this one pops up every other random set list...

Really? I thought its silliness was widely appreciated.

Besides, it's barely over 2 minutes.

bounchfx

This is seriously the best fucking game I've ever laid eyes on.

well. ok. maybe.
but it's for sure the best list of any music game. I wonder what the 20 free DLC is? I WANT OPETH!!!!

Magik

With the confirmation of the setlist... I came... so hard...

I still can't believe that there will be over 500 songs by the end of the year. Good lord, I remember when they were aiming for 200 songs this year. Somebody do a calculation and determine how many songs we will average each week. It sounds like a lot. My wallet is going to hurt so badly. :D

TYRiAX

Daigoro said:
WTF seriously?!

why. just why.

cant wait till this one pops up every other random set list...

Yeah I hated this song (along with all the other PUSA songs) when this was released and it was my only NOOOO moment when looking at the setlist. Hopefully it wont be as annoying to play as i imagine but i can see the tune getting stuck in my head ALL THE TIME

XShagrath said:
People on ScoreHero and the official RB forums are speculating that the "most" on the export feature means we're probably missing the Aerosmith track, due to exclusivity.

Also, the stick of joy is stating that there's a $5 charge to use the Export feature. I call bullshit, but we'll see.
I was about to point out the "most" caveat of that statement, and it is probably for that reason. Wouldn't surprise me, at any rate.

And $5 is so very reasonable for getting those songs "upgraded" to RB2 tracks. I would have paid upwards of $15 for the feature but $5 is better.

koam

The only thing for Harmonix to do now is allow the HUD to be turned off entirely or at least, reduce opacity to 20%. I still have a burn in from RB1.

Can someone explain what "RB1 disc exporting" means?

Also, what's this rumor of 20 free songs?

koam said:
The only thing for Harmonix to do now is allow the HUD to be turned off entirely or at least, reduce opacity to 20%. I still have a burn in from RB1.

Disc exporting = exporting them from the disc to your hard drive for use in RB2.

And the 20 free songs is not a rumor, he announced it on stage at MS's conference. They originally wanted 100 songs on the disc but couldn't do it so they are gonna release them as free DLC.

Onemic

koam said:

It's not a rumor

IGN said:
And there's more. Harmonix actually wanted to toss in 100 tracks total for the disk, but couldn't get them all in one time to ship for Xbox 360 by September. So this fall, MTV is releasing an additional 20 downloadable master tracks... for free. By year's end this will mean RB fans will have access to more than 500 songs.

Hop

laserbeam said:
Wonder if that means the other versions get the 20 tracks on their DVDs since they arent hampered by the september rush

I bet the PS3 version could, since neither time nor storage space would be a concern. The other DVD-based versions, though... I dunno if they can cram 100 songs + FMV on those. Maybe they can, I don't know.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
striKeVillain! said:
No Bloc Party? What the hell is wrong with Harmonix?

Why couldn't you release 920 free songs for download to coincide with RB2's release, Hamdix?! What the fuck? Why are you fucking us???!!!

I don't want to sound like a fanboy or anything but it just doesn't look right seeing GH notes on a drum track. It just looks weird. It could be something to get used to though I suppose. Still won't buy it unless Death Magnetic rocks. Even then I have GHIII to get those downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom