• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

Duck said:
Is that really a guess... or is that wishful thinking? :p There's no way in hell that'll happen.

It's really just a matter of when, if you ask me.
Someone's got to start it on consoles. Valve is already doing it with steam.
It won't be long now, and these games seem to be the best ice-breakers as there is still ample reason to sell bundles in stores.

Mr Jared

I wouldn't be surprised if both the original Rock Band disc content and Rock Band 2 content go up for DLC. That way, original Rock Band owners (Sup, Europe) could get the new songs and newcomers could get the old stuff. It sounds like shooting themselves in the foot, but it's really not. Most people are going to upgrade to RB2 for all the new features and online play anyway and RB2 only users won't want to step back in time.

macewank

Mr Jared said:
I wouldn't be surprised if both the original Rock Band disc content and Rock Band 2 content go up for DLC. That way, original Rock Band owners (Sup, Europe) could get the new songs and newcomers could get the old stuff. It sounds like shooting themselves in the foot, but it's really not. Most people are going to upgrade to RB2 for all the new features and online play anyway and RB2 only users won't want to step back in time.

i'd be very surprised..

going along with the valve statement, that would be like putting episode 3 up for download for anyone who bought episode 2..

the old one might be free, but we're gonna pay for the new ones.. no doubt about it.

plus, didn't harmonix already go on record as saying that securing rights to songs to use for DLC is different than securing it for disc media?

that might have been sony with Singstar.. I can't recall exactly, but either way it's the same jist. Harmonix would have to pay to license the track in 2 different manners in order to get the songs on disc and DLC

Mr Jared said:
that's what I said:
bune duggy said:
my thoughts: what about people who don't want to buy a RB2 disc? I was thinking on my bike ride home today that they could make two separate downloads available: one with all the RB1 tracks and one with all the RB2 tracks. RB1 tracks for the people who want the RB2 features on the disc and the RB1 tracks and RB2 tracks for people who don't care about new features and just want the new songs. eh? eh?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
the fact that they're not even releasing disc only at the same time as the full package tells me that they're not very interested in just getting the new songs out to people sans the full set.

Chris R

AstroLad said:
the fact that they're not even releasing disc only at the same time as the full package tells me that they're not very interested in just getting the new songs out to people sans the full set.
What??? You positive they are not releasing just the disc?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
AstroLad said:
Oh they are, I think two weeks after release of the set?

I could have sworn no dates were confirmed yet, everything is just Gamestop/Amazon speculation.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Charron said:
I could have sworn no dates were confirmed yet, everything is just Gamestop/Amazon speculation.

I thought it might have been in an interview that the disc only was coming out later. Maybe not.

Onemic

Thinking of something more realistic, and of course much cooler than RB2 recognizing the ION kit and changing notes, would be come Monday, the big announcement is that for RB2 HMX is releasing some sort of update that allows the RB tracks that you downloaded to be moved to your PC or MP3 player, actually making the songs you bought for RB YOUR songs that you can play outside of the game.

If HMX did this then they would be my all time favorite developer ever.

something that is bugging me about the Game Informer article (got the mag):
Wait until you try Taylor Hawkin's insanely fast drum rolls in the Foo Fighters' "Everlong."
They're a game mag, I know this, but still:
* Dave Grohl – vocals, guitar, drums
* Pat Smear – guitar
* Nate Mendel – bass
* Taylor Hawkins – drums, percussion (on Requiem, Drive Me Wild and Baker Street)
* William Goldsmith – drums (on Doll and slow part of Up In Arms)
Taylor joined after the album was recorded (those are all songs on the Australian Tour Bonus Disc) and William quit because Dave re-recorded almost all of the drum parts. So what you're actually doing is...
Wait until you try Dave Grohl's insanely fast drum rolls in the Foo Fighters' "Everlong."

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
onemic said:
Thinking of something more realistic, and of course much cooler than RB2 recognizing the ION kit and changing notes, would be come Monday, the big announcement is that for RB2 HMX is releasing some sort of update that allows the RB tracks that you downloaded to be moved to your PC or MP3 player, actually making the songs you bought for RB YOUR songs that you can play outside of the game.

If HMX did this then they would be my all time favorite developer ever.

Royalty issues aside, they wouldn't be usable unless you put them through some mixing software first, then recompressed them.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
onemic said:
I want to believe :(

On second thought... the game itself is capable of converting them to stereo PCM, so if they added encoding for popular audio formats to the game, it could work.

Uncle AJ

bune duggy said:
Wait until you try Dave Grohl's insanely fast drum rolls in the Foo Fighters' "Everlong."

It still bugs me after watching the RB2 trailer that super-fast Run-to-the-Hills-like hi-hat rolls are still mapped to the red pad. Like, would it be any less comfortable moving it to yellow where it makes sense?

It'll be interesting to see how people respond to Everlong's drum chart in GH:WT by comparison.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Holy crap. Just caught myself up on the RB2 news and the ION drums look INSANE. No way I'm spending that much money on them though. I'll probably just get the standard drums and attach a high hat to it.

Onemic

Mo the Hawk said:
It still bugs me after watching the RB2 trailer that super-fast Run-to-the-Hills-like hi-hat rolls are still mapped to the red pad. Like, would it be any less comfortable moving it to yellow where it makes sense?

It'll be interesting to see how people respond to Everlong's drum chart in GH:WT by comparison.

100% yes. Try RTTH or any other highhat heavy song in lefty mode, and you'll see exactly why mapping it to yellow just wouldn't work.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Mo the Hawk said:

It doesn't make sense on yellow. The sticking would be backwards.

Mo the Hawk said:

Just pretend playing like that on your rb set, it wouldn't be possible because you would have to cross over to red with your right hand for every snare hit.

During the week in June when Mötley Crüe released “Saints of Los Angeles,” the first single from its new album, the song sold 14,000 copies on iTunes and 48,000 on Rock Band through Microsoft’s Xbox Live network, said Allen Kovac, founder of the group’s management company and record label.

Wow.

(Although wasn't it free or at least mad cheep on Rock Band? Although I guess it ended up at 99 cents...)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Actually shit:

Rock Band 2 will also include songs from marquee acts like AC/DC and Rush; the game may also feature music by Elvis Costello and Bob Dylan, according to a track listing leaked online.

That's what I get for not reading the whole thing before posting. :p

So Rush gave Rock Band an alternate version of its song “Working Man,” which proved so popular that the group is now thinking of making it available through Apple’s iTunes store. It is also talking with MTV about selling a full album through Rock Band, Mr. Curran said, as well as some other projects.

WOOOOO

Mr Jared

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow.

(Although wasn't it free or at least mad cheep on Rock Band? Although I guess it ended up at 99 cents...)

I caaaan't rememberrr.. but it was really fun to play on just about every instrument, so I picked it up. I'm not surprised it sold so well.

Oh man. Just imagine ... "Shackler’s Revenge" is released on Rock Band ... and then Chinese Democracy continues to sit in limbo for a few more years :lol I want my free Dr. Pepper, but the concept is pretty funny.

Also: Hype++

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Sweet Child O' Mine NEEDS to come out on Rock Band. This at least confirms it is now a possiblity.

Onemic

Rush full album? Fuck yes!

Hemispheres please. and release the rest of moving pictures, I really want to drum out on Camera Eye.

koam

koam Post #241 in this thread said:
Clearly, the guns n roses track is off chinese democracy!
MTV expects to announce on Monday that the sequel to its popular Rock Band game will include “Shackler’s Revenge,” a track from the Guns N’ Roses album that has been in the works for more than a decade

Oh snap! I wonder if that duke nukem ad will be on the bottom of the screen now.

Ten-Song

onemic said:

Whatever, I'm fine with ANY Rush ablum being put up in the game, but there's a crap ton of tracks from S&A that I'd love to play in Rock Band (Far Cry, The Larger Bowl, Armor and Sword, Spindrift, Workin' Them Angels).

minus_273 said:
this is bugging me, could someone explain the significance of "Angina's tough!!" and "to begin with, everything"?

They're both esoteric quotes from movies by someone who's way too clever for his own good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
minus_273 said:
this is bugging me, could someone explain the significance of "Angina's tough!!" and "to begin with, everything"?

High Fidelity;
Jack Black's character parodies "The Night Chicago Dies" and sings "The night Laura's daddy died, sha na na na na, brother what a night it really was, brother what a night it... angina's tough!"

Almost Famous;
Q: What do you love most about Rock and Roll?
A: To begin with, everything...

Stop reading Ayn Rand and watch some classic films, dude.

Stumpokapow said:
High Fidelity;
Jack Black's character parodies "The Night Chicago Dies" and sings "The night Laura's daddy died, sha na na na na, brother what a night it really was, brother what a night it... angina's tough!"

Almost Famous;
Q: What do you love most about Rock and Roll?
A: To begin with, everything...

Stop reading Ayn Rand and watch some classic films, dude.

:lol

This is why I never explain the quotes myself. Someone always does it better.

Struct09

Well I'll be damned. The GNR song is from Chinese Democracy. I don't feel bad about being skeptical, but *eats words*

Further confirmation that this game will have the best tracklist in a rhythm game ever. GHWT will have a hard time matching AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, and GNR all in one place.

Anyway, I preordered the bundle today. Can't wait :D

Dirtbag

After reading that article, I can't help but feel its only a matter of time before Zepplin eventually gives in. I don't see how any band, label, individual could ignore us much longer... 1 billion dollar industry!

Shite

koam

I still think we should have skipped the quotes for this one and called it Rock Band 2: Electric Boogalo

Struct09 said:
Well I'll be damned. The GNR song is from Chinese Democracy. I don't feel bad about being skeptical, but *eats words*

Further confirmation that this game will have the best tracklist in a rhythm game ever. GHWT will have a hard time matching AC/DC, Metallica, Megadeth, and GNR all in one place.

Anyway, I preordered the bundle today. Can't wait :D

I have to say, though, I'd be hard pressed to describe any new music by GNR as actually a "Guns 'N Roses" song in anything but name. But who knows. It could be classic GNR sounding stuff.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting an album of 12 minute versions of "My World"....

Crateman

So Rush gave Rock Band an alternate version of its song “Working Man,” which proved so popular that the group is now thinking of making it available through Apple’s iTunes store. It is also talking with MTV about selling a full album through Rock Band, Mr. Curran said, as well as some other projects.

FUCK YEAH!!!

Hemispheres, Signals, or Counterparts would be amazing.

Better yet: Give us the best of Rush in Rio. There. I said it.

Onemic

Crateman said:
FUCK YEAH!!!

Hemispheres, Signals, or Counterparts would be amazing.

Better yet: Give us the best of Rush in Rio. There. I said it.

Only Hemishpeheres, Permanent Waves, and Signals need apply.

Of course the rest of Moving Pictures too.

Just give us the whole Rush Discorgraphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom