• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sp3eD said:
I really really hope that is incorrect about the bundle. I'm selling off all my instruments to get the new better built ones thus I NEED that bundle.

fwiw amazon still has sept. 14 bundle sept. 30 standalone. i'm not believing any of the dates until we get the PR. makes no sense to me to just discourage RB1 owners from getting the bundle like that.

BigAT said:
I am the only one that's real disappointed there's no Freezepop on here? They've been a staple on Harmonix games since the beginning and I've enjoyed all of their songs.
No new album/can't find anything that works well for band setting, I guess.

XShagrath

These are the dates and prices on the official Rock Band store as of now.

Sept. 14 - Full Kit (360) $199.99
Oct. 19 - Full Kit (PS3) $199.99
Oct. 30 - Game Only (PS3) $59.99
Nov. 18 - Full Kit (Wii) $199.99

Struct09

XShagrath said:
These are the dates and prices on the official Rock Band store as of now.

Sept. 14 - Full Kit (360) $199.99
Oct. 19 - Full Kit (PS3) $199.99
Oct. 30 - Game Only (PS3) $59.99
Nov. 18 - Full Kit (Wii) $199.99

Linkified: http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php?p=62752&v=All

Yay for the 360 bundle date being the same as the standalone game (I'm hoping EBGames is wrong).

Boo for upping the price. I realize the instruments are improved, but they need to stay competitive. If GH:WT comes out at $200 then this is more understandable.

Sp3eD said:
I have no problem with $200.

Metal Kick plate?

Better Strum bar?

Worth the extra $20.
My logic is that it's been a year, they must know how to manufacture them, some way of cutting prices a bit... sure, it's not terrible, but it's silly.

Slacker

AlphaTwo00 said:
No new album/can't find anything that works well for band setting, I guess.
Word. I'm disappointed by the lack of Freezepop too, but the song they included on Rock Band sucked, so I assume they're running out of worthy tracks for the games.

So any other PS3 owners out there looking into cryogenics? That month wait after the 360 release is going to be brutal. :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
JonathanEx said:
My logic is that it's been a year, they must know how to manufacture them, some way of cutting prices a bit... sure, it's not terrible, but it's silly.

i think they saw how many they sold at the old price and thought hot damn. they are pretty much at the limit at $200 i think but it won't stop me. it might however stop me from getting two sets of plastic instruments.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
robochimp said:
Two weeks of doom
sorry.. to clarify on my point about Wii.. it's not the delay.. it's that it's being released with the PS2 version lending credibility to the thought that it's basically a gimped out PS2 port like RB1 was. No online, no DLC, no BWT, etc. Granted we know nothing about the PS2Wii version... but it's clear that the team handling that port is uninterested in anything on those platforms but a quick cash grab, as opposed to GHWT where you have Vicarious Visions doing the ports who has always had a hard on love affair with Nintendo hardware (all the way back to the first Tony Hawk game on the GBA).

Unless MTV has a major ace up their sleeve, it's looking like RB2 on Wii will continue the suck. I would LOVE to eat crow on this.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i imported part 1 on ps3 and bought a shitload of dlc, i pray ill be able to import RB2 ps3 software only, since i dont have a cc.

XShagrath

New dev blog with awesome info!!
http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxspraynwipe/379911?redir=1

Dan Teasdale said:
Q: "RE: DRUMS AND ANNOUNCED CYMBALS
I understand the optional cymbals are just secondary inputs for the existing pads, but what about during fills and the "drum trainer" modes? Will those two things recognize the cymbals as unique inputs or will every part of RB2 just recognize the cymbal attachments as secondary pads?" - babywolf

A: While they're mapped to the same colors for the note charts, the Drum Trainer and fills in-game treat these surfaces are unique - hitting the yellow cymbal triggers a hi-hat, and hitting the yellow pad plays a tom. Same goes for all the inputs on the Ion kit and other third-party kits in development.

Lots of other screenshots and info in there. Unfortunately, I have to go out of town now, so don't have time to read the whole thing.

Benjamin looks like they are gonna have the guitar/mic combo.

Oh, and for one more thing, here's a teaser for Tour Challenges: some art from two of the challenges you can play:

2crk7x5.jpg

and round robin for band online quickplay is great. everybody gets a chance to pick a song.

Jesus I didn't think RB1 could be improved upon so much, and Harmonix is just kicking my ass on that front.

I can't believe I'm going to be spending another $200 on a music game. Ok ok this'll be the last time for real! :lol

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So with Drain You by Nirvana being on RB2 and In Bloom in RB1, the likelyhood of Nevermind looks pretty bleek. Best of pack maybe?

borghe

Sp3eD said:
So with Drain You by Nirvana being on RB2 and In Bloom in RB1, the likelyhood of Nevermind looks pretty bleek. Best of pack maybe?
Wave of Mutilation says otherwise. No reason they still couldn't do Nevermind without those two songs and just incorporate them ala Pixies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
BigBlackGamer said:
and round robin for band online quickplay is great. everybody gets a chance to pick a song.
Oh man, this is such a little touch, but it will be SO appreciated.

Joates

Banned
XShagrath said:
New dev blog with awesome info!!
http://www.rockband.com/rockers_blog_entry/hmxspraynwipe/379911?redir=1

Lots of other screenshots and info in there. Unfortunately, I have to go out of town now, so don't have time to read the whole thing.

Wow. I called it.

Joates said:
Couldn't they have 2 of each (red, blue) raised up in cymbal positions, just allow you to play in either spot... and maybe something special in fill sections or something for hitting them?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I'm having a hard time trying to decide which songs I would be ok for them to take away from RB1 disk and still make it awesome.

Should I stay or Should I Go
Mississippi Queen
The Electric Version
Main Offender
Ballroom Blitz (just cause it is an awful cover)
29 Fingers
Brainpower

are the only ones that I can really stand losing and be ok with (even though I know I'm losing Train Kept a rollin')

I hope they give the list soon so I can play the hell out of any song that won't make the cut.

awww man that was so awesome. another RB2 demo will on G4 in about 30 mins. I came in late but it was cool.

one thing that was exciting as well was how well they said the drums felt. WAYYYYY better then the RB1 drums. lets hope so. :D

sneaky77

Struct09 said:
Amazing. Another reason I need the new drums.

did they say how much extra the cymbals are? if they are upping the price $30 they should have included them... oh well.. I'll have to do without them.

Are they going to have the stand alone instruments from day one? because if so I may just pick up the drums and standalone game and keep using my LP

Tiduz

Eurogaime
BigBlackGamer said:
awww man that was so awesome. another RB2 demo will on G4 in about 30 mins. I came in late but it was cool.

one thing that was exciting as well was how well they said the drums felt. WAYYYYY better then the RB1 drums. lets hope so. :D

i totally missed it :(

on Gamespot in half an hour?

Bojangles

Is there any way to hook up a non-rockback electronic drum kit? I.e. usb midi adapter or something? I really don't want to buy any more plastic drums, and I already have some Yamaha electrics....

borghe

Bojangles said:
Is there any way to hook up a non-rockback electronic drum kit? I.e. usb midi adapter or something? I really don't want to buy any more plastic drums, and I already have some Yamaha electrics....
my guess would be yeah (these look to just use 1/8th" headphone plugs) the problem would seem to be getting the "360 brain" to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom