• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I was thinking today about gold stars, and thought that they should, like gold stars on expert, add silver stars for hard and bronze stars for medium. I love the feeling of gold starring songs on drums, but I'm not great at guitar and usually stick to Hard. It would be nice if I had something like gold stars to strive for.

dude we are like brothers from another mother cause I was thinking the EXACT same thing. :lol

Will the RB2 guitar work with GH2, GH3 and World Tour?

I'm still using the Xplorer and would like a strat but not if it only works with Rock Band.

Belgand

Lazy Jones said:
Will the RB2 guitar work with GH2, GH3 and World Tour?

I'm still using the Xplorer and would like a strat but not if it only works with Rock Band.

Forgive me if I'm a bit short, but someone asks this almost daily in one of the RB/GH threads and we've all grown sick of it since it was announced at E3 and reported just about everywhere.

GH:WT will be compatible with the original RB instruments, but this is only confirmed for the 360. They have not said for certain that it will work with RB2, but this seems likely since RB and RB2 are compatible. It will also, of course, be compatible with the previous GH instruments for it's respective platform.

I believe that GH:A was patched to work with the RB guitar, but only for the 360 as well. It does not, AFAIK, work with GH2 or GH3.

PS3 compatibility has not yet been announced and when questioned about this it was said that Sony would have to announce it. No reason as to why in the hell Sony would really have anything to do with this (it was denied that Microsoft forced the 360 compatibility) have been issued.

Seriously, somebody put this in the OP of all of these threads. I'm getting sick of seeing these.

Belgand said:
Forgive me if I'm a bit short, but someone asks this almost daily in one of the RB/GH threads and we've all grown sick of it since it was announced at E3 and reported just about everywhere.

GH:WT will be compatible with the original RB instruments, but this is only confirmed for the 360. They have not said for certain that it will work with RB2, but this seems likely since RB and RB2 are compatible. It will also, of course, be compatible with the previous GH instruments for it's respective platform.

I believe that GH:A was patched to work with the RB guitar, but only for the 360 as well. It does not, AFAIK, work with GH2 or GH3.

PS3 compatibility has not yet been announced and when questioned about this it was said that Sony would have to announce it. No reason as to why in the hell Sony would really have anything to do with this (it was denied that Microsoft forced the 360 compatibility) have been issued.

Seriously, somebody put this in the OP of all of these threads. I'm getting sick of seeing these.

Belgand said:

Belgand said:

Belgand said:

Belgand said:

Belgand said:

Belgand said:

------------------------------

Struct09

Will my drum throne I used with my Rock Band 1 drum set work with the new Rock Band 2 drum set? (Xbox 360 version) And what about the sticks?

Uncle AJ

Struct09 said:
Will my drum throne I used with my Rock Band 1 drum set work with the new Rock Band 2 drum set? (Xbox 360 version) And what about the sticks?

That would infringe upon Activision's proprietary technology.

EDIT: You didn't mention GH:WT - joke fails. -_-

Belgand

birdman said:
Ouch, I'm sorry but they can only transfer over to Rock Revolution.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Pete Townsend's gonna have my legs broke. :(

Edit: I'm actually surprised and astonished that Rock Revolution will actually have scissor kick bonuses. I didn't even know that existed. You get extra points for that. Damn, and I thought it was funny before.

Belgand

Mo the Hawk said:
OK, time for a serious one: Rock Revolution drumkit compatability?

I don't think anything has been released, but I doubt that anything will work with it. IIRC they use seven (very tiny) pads.

This is yet another reason that it feels doomed to failure: incompatible instruments, all cover track list, poor showing for the drums so far, fewer instruments than anyone else, perceived weaknesses in presentation and gameplay. If they had really gone all out when the first Guitar Hero came out and launched an improved version of this then they might have captured a good bit of the market. But now I don't think they have a chance. It's too little, too late and all of their (mainstream) brand recognition is outside of the USA.

DuckRacer

M3wThr33 said:
Given your avatar I made certain assumptions, but given the incompatible Wii instruments so far, that IS a legit question.
Oh, I was just being a sarcastic shithead. I'm getting the 360 version and am sticking with my trusty Xplorer. Now that I actually think about it, I agree the Wii compatibility question is legit though.

birdman

Now I just wonder if the new drums for PS3 will be available when the game comes out, because won't the new instruments be out for the 360 when the game comes out for them?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I keep forgetting to ask this question....

I know that RB2 we can pick our bandmates in the World Tour mode, but is it also going to allow us to pick them (or really just play as our character) in Quickplay mode?

I spend 99% of my playing time in Quickplay and with the scores added to it this time I will probably be close to 99.9% now. I am sick of generic rocker wanking my awesome solos all over the stage when it should be my character :(

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
A designer for RB2 has posted answers to quite a few fan asked questions.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258550&highlight=

and sombody at scorehero posted them up in a much more readable format.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10862&start=1081

My only WTF is

Is RB going to release a double bass or are you just going to have to find a mod somewhere?

There might be some package at some point with another pedal and a Y splitter for the bass jack, I'm not sure.

I thought that the pictures from E3 already had a Double bass input on the back. Why the need for a splitter? And more importantly why the need for the wait :(

Can gold stars be obtained on difficulties other than Expert in RB2? I hated not having gold stars to shoot for on Hard.

Nope, sorry. 5 stars means you have mastered the song at whatever difficulty you are playing it at. 5 gold stars means you utterly kicked the song's ass. That means Expert. The gold stars are an extra special reward to people who are nuts - don't feel that you are expected to attain them.

That's bullshit, really. The gold star concept is really good, and limiting it just to expert players seems unnecessary. I get where their coming from, but...eh.

Yeah, that seems like a nice way to do it. I can only sing on hard and there's still a good few drum songs I couldn't cope with on expert, so it'd be nice to have some reason to go back and try and beef up those scores a bit.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
The beginning is really offputting, but about 30 seconds in it gets better. Specifically when I can actually make out Axl. Not phenomenal or anything, but I'm interested.

Honestly, I want a high quality version where everything isn't crushed together into the same tiny soundspace. :lol

Thanks for the link Dirtbag! :S

Edit: Second listen - This sounds like a typical, decently radio friendly song, which is what usually gets pumped out as the first single/release from a major album. For most bands, that's indicative of their best work on the album. For alot of the best bands, it's usually among the weakest songs on the album it represents. I dunno. I'd like to think after so many years, the rest of the album would be better than this. However, I'm still cautiously guarding against a failure of Daikatana levels here. :S

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
BenjaminBirdie said:
Epic piece on Song Selection. Funk and Reggae in the works.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/899/899325p1.html
Nice article. Funk, Reggae and blues are horribly under represented in RB, and I am glad to see it coming.

Fish Bone would be amazing btw since they are talking ska reggae and funk

I would also love to see some jazz, but there is little that incorporates both lyrics and guitar in a blance that is supportive of this game.

Last I need some stinkin HIPHOP in this thing.
Pharoahe Monch - "free"
Bestie Boys - so many songs
Roots

EDIT:
I would also love to see some Pinback in this thing. Great band, with a very different sound than a lot of stuff in RB now. (If you like modest mouse, or elliot smith you might like pinback). Great bass parts too, since there are a lot of pinback songs with chords played on the bass, it would freak out the bass players. :lol

BenjaminBirdie said:
Epic piece on Song Selection. Funk and Reggae in the works.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/899/899325p1.html

IGN: One of the more interesting additions is The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Was there any concern that so much of the heart and soul of ska is in the horns that it might actually be disappointing to play the other instruments on a ska song?

Brosious: No way, ska also has the cool off-beat rhythm guitar and The Bosstones also do that ska -- metal -- ska -- metal thing. Very nice for the game.

IGN: And if you feel it was a success, might we see more ska tracks as DLC in the future?

Brosious: Yep. Hit me with some suggestions.

IGN: Not to harp on it, but why the Bosstones? Was there ever a consideration for a 2 Tone ska song like The Specials' "Gangsters" or English Beat's "Mirror in the Bathroom"?

Brosious: Oh. Yeah, and we'll get to them. Being from Boston, we went with The Bosstones this time.

This has me so excited. Less Than Jake does the ska-metal-ska thing really well too! Please give me Help Save The Youth of America From Exploding!!!

Also, some two-tone ska would be amazing. The off-beat rhythm guitar in Jimmy Buffet's Volcano is so much fun to play, which only proves that more ska is needed.

I'm still shocked they picked such a deep cut from the Bosstones. I can't believe they didn't go with The Impression That I Get or something else off of Let's Face It.

Also, half-confirmation of NOFX at the end of the article. YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom