• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

There's a lot of stuff that's missing from that list. Teasdale said in the IGN interview that the tracklist played like a "who's who" of rock history.

Where's Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Queen, Deep Purple, KISS, Scorpions, etc., etc., etc.

I'll wait till E3 or beyond to see the true tracklist. Some of the stuff from that list is more than likely in the game, but I'm not buying all of it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
omg rite said:
... Dude he listed like 15 songs that were on the list. Unless they purposely gave them songs that wouldn't be in the final game, that's going to be the track list.

Suppose I should clarify- I'm not trying to say the leaks are 100% false, I'm just trying to offer a counterpoint to everyone throwing rumor around as fact. I mean, we got a week- wait until things are confirmed.

I swear I wish there would be more love for indie rock tracks. I'm not just talking about Modest Mouse. I'm talking about some of the indie Doom metal bands out there. Needs some Slayer as well. Angel of Death, Jesus saves, Postmortem, God send death. Needs some Electric Wizard. Some Cathedral. Some Melvins.

Btw, is there any pictures of newer hardware?

There needs to be an option to transfer selected songs from RB1 that you want.

More DLC more often as well.

Magik said:
Hands-On Rock Band 2 by GameSpot.

Here are the officially released songs from their Hands-On:

"Ace of Spades" -- Motörhead
"Everlong" -- Foo Fighters
"Pinball Wizard" -- The Who
"Panic Attack" -- Dream Theater
"Any Way You Want It" -- Journey
"Chop Suey" -- System of a Down
"Kids in America" -- The Muffs
"Give It Away" -- Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Hello There" -- Cheap Trick
"Pump It Up" -- Elvis Costello

From the hands on... I think I'm going to take the week off when RB2 is released.

WOOO!

DuckRacer

stolen from sa

Other Confirmations:
- Online Band World Tour
- Quickplay Setlists
- "Battle Of The Bands" Mode
- Band Challenges replacing Solo Tour (Essentially Solo BWT from the sound of it. DLC integrates with Band Challenge.)
- No more band leaders and any character can play any instrument
- You can now hire staff (?)
- New guitar will autocalibrate, sturdier strum bar, wireless out of the box.
- New drums are velocity sensitive, less noisy, also wireless.
- "because the game will feature full support for all of the original Rock Band songs"
- Game journalists really like Journey
HOLY COW

The challenges themselves will be built around a variety of play styles, and beating one challenge will unlock additional challenge paths for you to take. Instead of being a linear list of songs, the challenges are structured more as a progression web in which you can choose which path to take through the game. For instance, the bass path will let you focus on all of the best songs for the bass, while still giving you access to play the other songs found in Rock Band 2 as side challenges. In addition, Tour Challenge mode will also integrate DLC automatically when building challenges. You can also expect to play album-specific challenges, which should only grow as the list of full-length albums available as DLC continues to expand.

O
M
M
F
G

The other big challenge mode is Battle of the Bands, which will also be available for one to four players, in any mix of local and online play. Unlike the progression system of Tour Challenge, Battle of the Bands is a straight-up tournament that pits your band against groups from all over the world. Harmonix will be creating new daily battles for bands to take part in; some will even have unique entry requirements, or gameplay modifiers. When playing Battle of the Bands challenges, you'll see an onscreen score, along with a score that you need to beat (such as someone on your friends list who has also competed in this challenge).

WAAAAAAAAAAAA

DuckRacer

In that sense it's mission accomplished, because the game will feature full support for all of the original Rock Band songs, all of the downloadable content, and, naturally, the more than 80 songs that will be packed in with the disc version of Rock Band 2.

JESUS CHRIST

viva pinata 2 i'm so sorry you're not gotm september anymore

DuckRacer

BenjaminBirdie said:
*catches breath*

New Tour and Challenge and Band Tourney modes sound...just...holy shit.
bb i'm really surprised you're not having meltdowns over the fact that rb1 songs are going to be in rb2

Thanks for the birthday gift harmonix.

Magik

I'm struggling to keep my mind focused at work. The news... Rock Band 2... omg... omg...

I really need to join a band and get ready for September...

Omg.....

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sounds great as expected. no way harmonix was gonna screw this up. i may not be the biggest gh fan but competition is a great thing.

Duck said:
bb i'm really surprised you're not having meltdowns over the fact that rb1 songs are going to be in rb2

Thanks for the birthday gift harmonix.

I was already psyched about that last week. It's the best thing ever.

OP UPDATED.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
sounds great as expected. no way harmonix was gonna screw this up. i may not be the biggest gh fan but competition is a great thing.

I agree 2 good music games is a good deal for me

XShagrath

Anyone else going for Rock Band 2 Endless Setlist the first day (if there is such a thing)? I figure a good 14-15 hours to get enough stars and get through the 80 song setlist, based on RB1's BWT setup.

Just gotta find two more reliable people in town to take guitar/bass. I would hate to be going through ESL on Live and have it crap out. I don't want the ability to save mid-setlist, as that would make the ESL a little bit too much of a cakewalk. Don't know what they could put in place for dropped connections though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Duck said:
That was "disproven" (lololol hilary) though. :lol

Regardless, I'm fucking excited.

Well have they said how RB1 songs will carry over? I think all that Hillary said was that there was no knowledge re whether they'd be free to everyone.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
Well have they said how RB1 songs will carry over? I think all that Hillary said was that there was no knowledge re whether they'd be free to everyone.

No they have not.. I still don't believe the free DLC rumor.

Onemic

damn, they're keeping the pad count on drums to four, meaning the chances of getting high hat pads, have dropped considerably.

Then again is madcatz making a drum set for RB1, with high hat pads? I still believe....

onemic said:
damn, they're keeping the pad count on drums to four, meaning the chances of getting high hat pads, have dropped considerably.

Then again is madcatz making a drums set for RB1, with high hat pads? I still believe....

They at least have showcased that set, with hi hats. Don't know if it's been released yet, but I remember seeing one at an e3 or something.

x2mjyq.gif

That list of features sounds awesome. Good songs confirmed so far, as well. :D

sneaky77 said:
Dude breathe.... (you're waking up the neighboors!)

Dude, if you think that's bad, wait until they unveil the GUI for this stuff. I flipped last year just from those custom pictures on the loading screen! Check the thread!

:lol

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Blood on the Tracks is my favorite album of all time, but I cant begin to understand how Tangled up in blue would possibly function on RB.

Surely something from Blonde on Blonde or even Highway 61 revisited would make better sense in this context.
Although, I'll probably have fun seeing anyone try singing along to "Tangled up in Blue" at a party without being familiar with the song.:lol

that's it. i'm buying a bigger hard drive.

why didn't i buy you on PS3? WHY?

oh yeah... instrument compatibility. *hugs gibson*.

Saerk

GCQuinton said:
Coolshade Drive Reunion World Tour confirmed :D Saerk, duderon, and Drakken what do you guys, think?

I'm up for it. Online BWT is going to rock. It will sure beat my 2 man bands I normally get to be in, excepting when I go to my friends place for a party, but they only play easy songs anyway :O.

It will allow us to change instruments per character to so no one will be locked in on an instrument. $$$

Crateman

Staccat0 said:
Blood on the Tracks is my favorite album of all time, but I cant begin to understand how Tangled up in blue would possibly function on RB.

Surely something from Blonde on Blonde or even Highway 61 revisited would make better sense in this context.
Although, I'll probably have fun seeing anyone try singing along to "Tangled up in Blue" at a party without being familiar with the song.:lol

That got me daydreaming...

A "Not so wild" possibility would be having Like a Rolling Stone as DLC. A lot of people know the song and it could work on the RB context.

Imagine if someday they release Idiot Wind as part of the DLC... that would be fucking amazing to sing if you know the song -and if for some reason your ex is at the party and you want to do some stealth attacks at her-.

"I can't remember your face anymore, your mouth has changed, your eyes
don't look into mine."

Kinda sucks that Harmonix backed themselves into a corner with their own dedication to Rock Band as a platform. Means we won't get a revamped drumset.

sneaky77 said:
You can do that now... you just have to sign at the same time :D

Actually, I'm going to have to clarify that. There's no mention of solo participation in a Bot-Populated "Band World Tour" but it does look like the Solo Tour (now Tour Challenge) is a lot more interesting and (THANK GOD) truly integrating DLC.

fistfulofmetal said:
Kinda sucks that Harmonix backed themselves into a corner with their own dedication to Rock Band as a platform. Means we won't get a revamped drumset.

It's kind of the best corner ever, though.

Struct09

BenjaminBirdie said:
Actually, I'm going to have to clarify that. There's no mention of solo participation in a Bot-Populated "Band World Tour" but it does look like the Solo Tour (now Tour Challenge) is a lot more interesting and (THANK GOD) truly integrating DLC.

I just hope we can disable DLC for the solo play at first. I want to play all the songs on the disc first damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom