• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f3niks

I'm very happy about the Dreamtheater, Alice in Chains and SOAD but where's the Opeth? A little Prince wouldn't hurt either. :) Hopefully these will be available via download.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
This wait is killing me. (it's only been like a week too).

I constantly click on this thread hoping to see another leak. This is probably not heatlthy :(

PS Where is my daily leak.....

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Here's the stream of rumors, and why it makes me think things are mostly fake.

July 1- a G4 report leaks 9 songs. Since it's in screenshot form, I'd call those legit.

July 2- a 'playtester' leaks another 11 songs. Now, playtests were happening at the time, and only remembering a dozen or so songs is pretty reasonable (I mean, how many Guitar Hero 1, or 2, songs can you recall off the top of your head without checking?) So I can see these being accurate.

July 3- a 'playtester' leaks a 60-song list on Wikipedia's talk page. The grammar is highly suspect, and a 'verified' song (Kids in America) is absent. There's also the claim that playtest was several weeks ago, and they recalled 60 songs.... why wait, then? Plus, they recalled Devo but not the song name, yet they also say there are more that they couldn't remember. Why include that when there are (supposedly) others they omitted for that reason? There's also rumored bands Turbonegro, Sublime, and Cake missing. Benefit of a doubt, he forgot those, but this is really where things start looking shaky.

July 4- an 'internal email' leaked shows an 84-song list, 75 of which are main setlist. Some correspond with the leak from the day before, but there's disagreement. There's also songs considered odd choices, though that is Harmonix's way. The three rumored bands above are also still missing, and from a purely logistic standpoint the counts don't 'work' evenly with a nine-tier scheme.

My conclusion is as follows: I don't trust the July 3 list at all. I barely trust the 4th list, and sorta trust the 2nd list. The only songs I currently agree will be in Rock Band 2 are the initial 9. I know someone here claimed agreement with the 3rd list, but sorry, I'm just not buying it. If it's true, I'm not upset, but I'm not buying it. Especially with just a week to wait.

The "e-mail leak" is pretty damn suspect, since Beck's "E-Pro" samples Beastie Boys' "So What'cha want" and the AFI song is "Girl's Not Grey", not "Girl's Gone Grey".

Slacker

AstroLad said:
Requoted for top-to-bottom stupidity. Great when your own site calls you out for being full of it.
Ah, IGN. I'm surprised they haven't confirmed Rock Band Triology for next year.

The funniest part of that quote:

Then again, Guitar Hero World Tour does allow users to create and share their own songs, so it's really only a matter of time until the Rock Band library is eclipsed.
As if the two things have anything to do with one another. Hey Rock Band lusers! Enjoy your Boston and The Who noobs! I'll be playing "Timmy Turdburgler" by Slapnuts24 in freakin GHWT!!! WOOOOOO

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Slacker said:
As if the two things have anything to do with one another. Hey Rock Band lusers! Enjoy your Boston and The Who noobs! I'll be playing "Timmy Turdburgler" by Slapnuts24 in freakin GHWT!!! WOOOOOO
I can see some Score Hero kid saying that verbatim.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Slacker said:
Ah, IGN. I'm surprised they haven't confirmed Rock Band Triology for next year.

The funniest part of that quote:

The great thing is that the entire statement is premised on pure bullshit. It would be like me saying you might feel cheated by GHWT as it will contain no new songs, only new instruments.

Ten-Song

Slacker said:

Yeah, but it's too bad that there's no vocals for user created crap, considering that's one of the things I enjoy the most in Rock Band.

Iksenpets said:
I'm a bit more concerned by the fact that the GnR song doesn't seem to be a song that I can actually find anywhere. What is it from?
you suck at Google then. http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61015 it appears to be from the new album and features Buckethead (!) on guitar.
Ten-Song said:
Jimmy Eat World, badass. (Sweetness or Bleed American as DLC please, Harmonix?)
my summer of 01 was all Bleed American. I could sing the shit out of that stuff if HMX released it as an album. :lol

if this "hil" person was speaking out of turn, why would be speak at all? I mean, really. Why would he talk about a game he hasn't played at all? (waits for someone to say "it's IGN, that's why")
Nine Inch Nails - Last Train to Clarksville (probably a typo, but WHAT a typo)
:lol

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I really hope these new intruments are awesome as I just decided to sell almost all (keeping wireless 360 strat) of my 360 GH2 and RB ones. Going to use the money to get the full set again in Sept! :D

That being said another request of mine is that I hope all the settings from #1 transfer over with a save file check of sorts (maybe when it grabs all the DLC). I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of calibrating all my lag settings to make it perfect. As it was I had to offset lag for my HDTV and lag for my sound system seperatly so that my microphone synced up with everything. Took a couple days worth of playing around to get the correct timings just right.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Charron said:
There's also rumored bands Turbonegro, Sublime, and Cake missing. Benefit of a doubt, he forgot those, but this is really where things start looking shaky.

Again, for the people in the cheap seats, they hadn't even decided until very recently which Cake song was going to be in RB2. Why is it so hard to believe the Cake stuff isn't being tested yet?

posted? Amazon has listed all the RB2 stuff on there site.

Xbox
Rock Band 2 Special Edition Bundle [Link] Price: $199.99 Release Date: Sep 14/08
Rock Band 2 Game Only [Link] Price: $59.99 Release Date: Sept 30/08
Rock Band 2 Wireless Drums [Link] Price $89.99 Release Date: Sept 14/08
Rock Band 2 Wireless Guitar [link] Price $69.99 Release Date: Sept 14/08

Wii
Rock Band 2 Special Edition Bundle [Link] Price: $199.99 Release Date: Nov 18/08
Rock Band 2 Game Only [Link] Price: $49.99 Release Date: Nov 30/08
Rock Band 2 Wireless Drums [Link] Price $89.99 Release Date: Nov 18/08
Rock Band 2 Wireless Guitar [link] Price $69.99 Release Date: Nov 18/08

PS3
Rock Band 2 Special Edition Bundle [Link] Price $199.99 Release Date: Oct 19/08
Rock Band 2 Game Only [Link] Price $59.99 Release Date: Nov 30/08

PS2
Rock Band 2 Special Edition Bundle [Link] Price $199.99 Release Date: Nov 18/08
Rock Band 2 Game Only [Link] Price $49.99 Release Date: Nov 30/08

PS3 and PS2 Equipment
Rock Band 2 Wireless Drums [Link] Price: $89.99 Release Date: Oct 19/08
Rock Band 2 Wireless Guitar [link] Price: $69.99 Release Date: Oct 19/08

direct links are here

Obviously all that is subject to change.

Struct09

I told myself I wasn't going to do it, but I think I'm buying the bundle again. A wireless Strat and a wireless drumset is too tempting to pass up.

Slacker said:
Hey Rock Band lusers! Enjoy your Boston and The Who noobs! I'll be playing "Timmy Turdburgler" by Slapnuts24 in freakin GHWT!!! WOOOOOO

But d00d, it has a wicked chart! 4 minute guitar solo! Who cares if it's not a real song and has no vocals!?

Onemic

They raised the price? Those hardware changes better be bigger and better than GHWT then.

Then again Amazon always lists bullshit prices for games that haven't released, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price is wrong.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hope the guitar is completely silent. People found ways to mod the strat like that so I don't see why this new one wouldn't

onemic said:
They raised the price? Those hardware changes better be bigger and better than GHWT then.

Then again Amazon always lists bullshit prices for games that haven't released, so I wouldn't be surprised if the price is wrong.

Yeah, they did the same thing for Rock Band 1. They guarantee the lowest price so if they list it at $170 right now and Harmonix announces a $200 price next week, they will be stuck selling a bunch at their original/incorrect price of $170. They are listing it above what they think it will be so this doesn't happen.

I never play the drums but my friend/roommate can't stop playing them. I play guitar and sing (often together). The two of us will probably go 60/40 on the bundle (I'll get the guitar, mic, and game, and he'll get the new drum set to replace the busted set he has from his bundle). My drum set isn't in 100% condition but I don't really care as I pretty much never play them.

Vomiaouaf

onemic said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the price is right. I believe they've said that they weren't making a lot of money from the main bundle (although I fail at finding proof to support that), I can see them rising the price of that without any scruple. GHWT is expected to be $190, right? Not much of a difference if true.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Charron said:
July 3- a 'playtester' leaks a 60-song list on Wikipedia's talk page. The grammar is highly suspect, and a 'verified' song (Kids in America) is absent. There's also the claim that playtest was several weeks ago, and they recalled 60 songs.... why wait, then? Plus, they recalled Devo but not the song name, yet they also say there are more that they couldn't remember. Why include that when there are (supposedly) others they omitted for that reason? There's also rumored bands Turbonegro, Sublime, and Cake missing. Benefit of a doubt, he forgot those, but this is really where things start looking shaky.

I'm telling you that that 60-song list is correct. This is fact. Unless they gave the playtesters a fake track listing to play with, it is 100% fact. I personally know one of the playtesters.

Edit: However, I do believe that "internal e-mail" leak is bullshit.

birdman

I really don't think omg rite is bullshitting us. I think he has better things to do than fuck with the minds of message board posters.

ZeoVGM

Banned
birdman said:
I really don't think omg rite is bullshitting us. I think he has better things to do than fuck with the minds of message board posters.

Sadly, I'm between jobs and I don't have better things to do. :[

But still! I'm being serious. Heh. Unless my friend was lying to me, I don't see how in the world he would manage to list off the same songs that were on the leaked list. He's not the kind of person that goes to NeoGAF or anything.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wireless drums? I was going to suggest their might be lag issues, but I guess that isn't a factor for normal controllers? or am I wrong? There is already painful lag on the drum fills.

I really hope they fix the sound lag on drum fills. Annoying as fuck. I can't keep a groove on a fill without it.

Also put the MOTHERSNARKING OVERDRIVE SPLASH FOR THE DRUMS ON THE DOWNBEAT, WHO THE HELL ENDS A DRUM FILL ON 4?

birdman

scola said:
Wireless drums? I was going to suggest their might be lag issues, but I guess that isn't a factor for normal controllers? or am I wrong? There is already painful lag on the drum fills.

I really hope they fix the sound lag on drum fills. Annoying as fuck. I can't keep a groove on a fill without it.

Also put the MOTHERSNARKING OVERDRIVE SPLASH FOR THE DRUMS ON THE DOWNBEAT, WHO THE HELL ENDS A DRUM FILL ON 4?

I know what you mean, it always fucks me up when I do Maps because it takes me off beat.

scola said:

This has broken so many combos for me. It drives me NUTS. A whole team of musicians, you think at least one of them would have realized this!

M3wThr33

Banned
omg rite said:
I'm telling you that that 60-song list is correct. This is fact. Unless they gave the playtesters a fake track listing to play with, it is 100% fact. I personally know one of the playtesters.

Edit: However, I do believe that "internal e-mail" leak is bullshit.

And Rock Band 1 had playtests for Welcome to the Jungle.

Fact.

Songlists aren't final by any stretch.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
StrikerObi said:
This has broken so many combos for me. It drives me NUTS. A whole team of musicians, you think at least one of them would have realized this!
Exactly! my friend and I just stared at each other after the first one. I mean, maybe its obvious to me since I have been playing music pretty much all my life, but its so broken for some songs it isn't funny.

ZeoVGM

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
And Rock Band 1 had playtests for Welcome to the Jungle.

Fact.

Songlists aren't final by any stretch.

... Dude he listed like 15 songs that were on the list. Unless they purposely gave them songs that wouldn't be in the final game, that's going to be the track list.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I told myself that I would just buy the game, but the new Strat looks really great (much nicer than my crappy Les Paul); if the drums are improved, then it's a no-brainer (I have an EL set and I hate it).

Crateman

I'm jumping on the "Just buying the game" bandwagon. I bought my RB set no less than 4 months ago -and the import price of that thing is quite expensive here-.

My set still kicks ass: I modded my Strat recently with a new switch and now it works better than any other guitar I've used. My drums are still holding on -Sock Mod FTW... and fixing your broken pedal with a ruler, epoxy and ducktape makes me feel like a pro DIYer-. My Xplorer is still there, working as well as day one.

The moment my actual drumset craps out, I'm getting the new one... meanwhile, there's no need to buy the new set.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The thing is these games are damn irresistible when they come out. Very curious to see what the improvements to the instruments are overall, as well as the game features and setlists. Will determine whether I get 0, 1, or even God forbid 2 sets of plastic instruments this round. Getting the RB2 disc at an absolute minimum though.

XShagrath

Sp3eD said:
I really hope these new intruments are awesome as I just decided to sell almost all (keeping wireless 360 strat) of my 360 GH2 and RB ones. Going to use the money to get the full set again in Sept! :D

That being said another request of mine is that I hope all the settings from #1 transfer over with a save file check of sorts (maybe when it grabs all the DLC). I really don't want to have to go through the trouble of calibrating all my lag settings to make it perfect. As it was I had to offset lag for my HDTV and lag for my sound system seperatly so that my microphone synced up with everything. Took a couple days worth of playing around to get the correct timings just right.
You should be able to go in and see what your lag settings are at now, and manually calibrate with RB2. We always do this when we take the game in and play it on the projectors at work. I don't have any lag at home, but they need us to be at -35/+35, and I think the LCD's in the office need a -30/+35 or something like that. We always just do a quick manual calibration, so that it's perfect every time.

bastionwords said:
Hold on, why is the disc only of RB2 coming out 16 days after the bundle?
Most likely they are hoping people will not want to wait for the game only and give in and buy the full bundle.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
XShagrath said:
You should be able to go in and see what your lag settings are at now, and manually calibrate with RB2. We always do this when we take the game in and play it on the projectors at work. I don't have any lag at home, but they need us to be at -35/+35, and I think the LCD's in the office need a -30/+35 or something like that. We always just do a quick manual calibration, so that it's perfect every time.

Is the assisted calibration in RB screwed up in any way? Whenever I do it, it's way off.

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
None of these songs mean a thing without Queen.

I think that's a little extreme but you bring up a good point. Why no Queen? They can't be holding out for ... wait, a Queen GH would be awesome, as would a Van Halen GH. Please, please, please!

Struct09

bastionwords said:
Hold on, why is the disc only of RB2 coming out 16 days after the bundle?

Placeholder dates. They're likely still coming out on the same day, Harmonix hasn't announced any official release dates yet.

DuckRacer

birdman said:
Placeholders son. Learn to expect them.
yep. amazon and gamestop both had the original rb bundle for $199 for the longest time until a month or two before release when it was announced the whole package would be $169.

dialmydrive said:
I think that's a little extreme but you bring up a good point. Why no Queen? They can't be holding out for ... wait, a Queen GH would be awesome, as would a Van Halen GH. Please, please, please!

Nah man, it's cool. They're going to announce Brighton Rock as the final band song at E3. It's all so obvious now.

omg rite said:
... Dude he listed like 15 songs that were on the list. Unless they purposely gave them songs that wouldn't be in the final game, that's going to be the track list.
Well, DLC, plans change, we're at this point far from final. It's a good idea of what sort of stuff could turn up, but it's no guarentee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom