• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime - Summer 08 - Show info and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalasta

What a pile a crap for Chiko #12. Story that don't make sense; pacing that was off-putting; characters appear and disappear at will; even the action stank. Terrible.

Zoe

duckroll said:
Holy shit this ep is driving me insane! He won't stfu, NOT EVEN DURING THE COMMERCIALS! >_<

EXCALIBUR! EXCALIBUR! SIGJOSIFHOAIHFDOAIHFDOIAODIAJ!RJOIJOI@QJROIH!JOHJI!I!!

Edit: And we shall never talk about that episode again. EVER. :(

The raw I watched didn't include the CM's :lol;

I can't believe this episode had Ox but no Harvar :(

7Th said:
Three episodes in and Kobayashi's "Natsu no Sora" is easily my favorite show of the season. The combination of cartoony, awkwardly timed, animation with saturated photography work creates a wonderful atmosphere that really captures your attention, making the drama and storytelling a whole deal more effective.

Came in here to second this. Kobayashi <3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Beezy said:
???

I think you're mistaken...

If by this month he means October. :D

BlackGoku03 said:
Anybody see the latest Code Geass episode? It's been really good this seasen. Hope it wraps up soon though.

Gaf hates code geass but as long as Suzaku dies a horrible, flaming death with nina its fine.

Xisiqomelir

Suzaku seriously is the character I think I hate most out of all anime I've ever seen. A cowardly, hypocritical, pandering, delusional, self-righteous,
patricidal
, traitorous whiner, wrapped in a package of emo bishounen.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kagari said:
Well good! XD

Damn you, GAF! Damn you!

QUESTIONING GAF?!

beatup1dh1.gif

Just watched episode 1 of Natsu no Sora.

It's really odd, but it has this very peaceful/light pace that's making it interesting...

I don't know it's just so light and open in terms of where it can go, that makes it just very relaxing to watch.

anyone else think the goodness of code geass is related to its similarities to death note?

btw, which is better Eureka seven or Gurren lagann

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
momolicious said:
anyone else think the goodness of code geass is related to its similarities to death note?

There's a reason people call it 'Death Note with mechs.'

ZeroTolerance

Neo C. said:
This episode is kinda creepy and yet so bittersweet.

sup with
Ojii-san always disappearing on Chiko ? I mean, I know he got stuff to do but with Chiko's knowledge, won't she be more of an asset than an obstacle ?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
momolicious said:

I hated Death Note. Code Geass amuses me to no end.

So, no. I can see the parallels (protagonists are pricks), but it must be something else in the formula that really encourages me to continue watching it. Probably all the absurdity of it.

momolicious said:

Way too different shows to compare. I prefer Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but Eureka Seven is quite the moving story.

Pankaks said:

Shamelessly ripped from the AnimeSuki Forums!

3xg4.gif

Neo C.

ZeroTolerance said:
sup with
Ojii-san always disappearing on Chiko ? I mean, I know he got stuff to do but with Chiko's knowledge, won't she be more of an asset than an obstacle ?
Yeah, he keeps bailing out. Sorry Chiko, but you've chosen the wrong guy.

I'm in the minority here, but I liked E7 over GL. But, the second half does get a little slow, but with all the Monster fans on this forum, I'd figure it would be more popular... it's the kind of pacing they like.

zoku88

Neo C. said:
This episode is kinda creepy and yet so bittersweet.
The girl was kinda cute before she turned into a 'monster'
Neo C. said:
Yeah, he keeps bailing out. Sorry Chiko, but you've chosen the wrong guy.
I bet he's the type that doesn't pay child support.

AZ Greg

momolicious said:

I preferred Eureka Seven, but they're both good. Your time won't be wasted watching either IMO.

My turn for a question. I haven't seen anything related to Ghost in the Shell but I want to. I have no idea how many series/movies there are and which order they should be watched in. Can someone help me out?

7Th

Prime crotch said:
Second half of GL isn't as good as E7 or it's ending but the first one is amazing. Although they are diferent shows.

Gurren-Lagann's ending is amazing and so is most of the second half. Eureka Seven's post middle-mark episodes are actually more lacking when it comes to delivery and writing, really lacking in focus or punch.

AZ Greg said:
My turn for a question. I haven't seen anything related to Ghost in the Shell but I want to. I have no idea how many series/movies there are and which order they should be watched in. Can someone help me out?

Ghost in the Shell and Innocence are Oshii's continuity, Stand Alone Complex is a completely different adaptation of the source material.

Man... Gurren Langann... my group was thinking of scanlating that series or doing the anime but we didn't have enough staff or time. Shame. Still haven't seen the anime yet. I'll get the DVDs soon... may just wait for the US release if it isn't out already.

E7 was really good. Great music and touching story. The later episodes needed help bu they were still gripping.

Why does GAF hate Code Geass? Wasn't aware of this at all.

mAcOdIn

Birdy - has some ways to go for me. I've just seen Shouta's two and while I see potential it hasn't really grabbed me.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - Awesome. So far I really like. Shit I'm watching really lame stuff this season as you'll soon find out. Why do I like all this romance stuff all of a sudden?

Mahou&#8203; Tsukai&#8203; ni&#8203; Taisetsu&#8203; na&#8203; Koto - Awesome. Probably my second favorite show this season. I love the pacing and really just the atmosphere.

Telepathy Shoujo Ran - Awesome. My favorite show this season, I like everything about it.

Natsume&#8203; Yuujinchou - Interesting premise but so far's been pretty uneventful. I like the art and atmosphere we just don't seem to be going anywhere.

Zero no Tsukaima - Princess no Rondo - is sometimes funny but I think it'll fall flat pretty soon.

Koihime&#8203; Musou - lame

Slayers - lame

Sekirei - lame

Itazura na Kiss - still awesome.

Special A - still sucks yet I watch just because I spent to much time on it to not finish it.

Nabari&#8203; no&#8203; Ou - I so want this show to be good but it just never wants to deliver.

Allison to Lillia - Still pretty good, I don't care what anyone says, I like the spirit of this show, and now I want a fucking Biplane.

zoku88

mAcOdIn said:
Birdy - has some ways to go for me. I've just seen Shouta's two and while I see potential it hasn't really grabbed me.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - Awesome. So far I really like. Shit I'm watching really lame stuff this season as you'll soon find out. Why do I like all this romance stuff all of a sudden?
Oh Phew, I was afraid that I was the only one who actually liked this. The character designer is on of my favorites.

Shaa&#12288;&#12375;&#12419;&#12354;

Defuser

mAcOdIn said:
Because the male lead isn't a wimpy bastard and Noto Mamiko is awesome?

rykomatsu

zoku88 said:
Oh Phew, I was afraid that I was the only one who actually liked this. The character designer is on of my favorites.

I suspect this is one of those guilty pleasures that a good chunk of people on gaf enjoy but don't want to admit, kinda like code geass :p

Jason

rykomatsu said:
I suspect this is one of those guilty pleasures that a good chunk of people on gaf enjoy but don't want to admit, kinda like code geass :p

I already admitted this a few pages back. :lol :(

Anyone else enjoying World Destruction? Its silliness has grown on me.

mAcOdIn

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu 3 was good as well. Liking the new characters.
Poor guy never got his chance to show off against the bully

Because the male lead isn't a wimpy bastard and Noto Mamiko is awesome?
But she played the incredibly wimpy bastard and unawesome male lead in Kanakon(which could explain alot), I never knew that till I looked her up. Her voice is pretty cool though, I mean, fuck, she was Shigure from HSD, so she's cool in my book.

I don't think there'd be any shame in admitting to like this show, maybe people just aren't watching it?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Regulus Tera said:

That is even greater :lol :D :D

momolicious said:
why would people not want to admit to liking code geass?

I don't know, cuz its cool to hate on it. I say it without a hitch: Code Geass is awesome and entertaining, and even though others shows are better in a storyline sense or character development, CG has what they all fail at... entertainment =)

rykomatsu

mAcOdIn said:
But she played the incredibly wimpy bastard and unawesome male lead in Kanakon(which could explain alot), I never knew that till I looked her up. Her voice is pretty cool though, I mean, fuck, she was Shigure from HSD, so she's cool in my book.

well, the male lead in Nogizaki isn't Notomami :p

ZeroTolerance

So I just finished watching rumbling hearts anime. I'd say the show was pretty awesome up until the end. What the hell was up with the Tayuki choosing that
Blue haired chick over the pink hair chick? I mean sure, I understand he liked the girl before the pink hair chick approached him but I really thought he had a thing for the pink hair chick ?

I gotta say, I was disappointed with the ending but all in all, an AFW show I guess. The show made it even more clear to me to continue what I have been doing which is to NEVER trust a chick..:lol

Pancakes

momolicious said:
why would people not want to admit to liking code geass?

Pride? ^.^

Really, idk personally i love CG.

ZeroTolerance

Pankaks said:
Pride? ^.^

Really, idk personally i love CG.

I also don't get the CG hate. Because of the gaf hate I was ignoring the first one until I finally decided to bite and man was I NOT dissapointed. CG R2 is a little meh at times but the twist and turns is what have me addicted to this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom