• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime - Summer 08 - Show info and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Shouta said:
Well, if anyone wants it, I just released Birdy 1. No OP/ED (because I can't understand the ED so better to leave it both gone so it looks consistent). Another group released as well so take your pick.
Taking into account the other group's website's tagline is "We don't really know japanese", I think it's gonna be an easy decision for me. :lol

LuCkymoON

Banned
Hitokage said:
Because they wanted it to be good?

Besides, all of that came before Lina met Gourry.
I know, but damn have them meet up again =p
Naga was good comedy relief, it was great seeing Lina beat up on her.

zoku88

Fireblend said:
Taking into account the other group's website's tagline is "We don't really know japanese", I think it's gonna be an easy decision for me. :lol
That makes me want to see what they do then...

LuCkymoON

Banned
Shouta said:
Well, if anyone wants it, I just released Birdy 1. No OP/ED (because I can't understand the ED so better to leave it both gone so it looks consistent). Another group released as well so take your pick.
Thanks for using MP4 and not MKV. =D

trejo

Son of Godzilla said:
Did anything at all come out of Spring or was it all "You'll only like it if you already like it" crap like Golgo and Maid Guy? Real Drive/Allison/those Bones shows turn out any good?

Actually, I'd add the Tower of Druaga to the other recommendations. Really underappreciated series. Sure, it's made by Gonzo, but you know how people always say they make like ten crap shows for every good one? This is one of the good ones, IMO.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
saw the first episode for antique bakery yesterday. Didn't really strike me as a great, but who knows. It might build it self up better... I got interested because it seemed like a unusual idea for a series, but after the first episode it did really seem like a formulaic yaoi thing... not having much experience with those kinds of shows though, I could be wrong.

Where would I go to find the first episode of Birdy? I can't find anything... :\

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
search feature = not available and the Google gaf trick isn't working very well for me, so does anyone have a link to that old anime recommendations thread?

The one with the top 10 including FLCL, berserk ect.

rykomatsu

don't know why i even bothered but...
Zero's Familiar 3rd season was pretty horrible....Kugimiya Rie's whole tsundere thing's been overdone and it was pretty annoying and more or less untalented compared to the other big names of her caliber...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The first episode of Birdy was great. Charming characters, and very slick fight scenes. I want more! :D

McLovin

Can anyone recommend an anime for me. I usually like the ones where the main character has some kind of special power.. or giant robot... or sport/racing/fighting animes. I also like over the top comedies like Excel Saga or Hare something something no guu or whatever that was called. I don't like those high school/ panty shot/loli crap.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
McLovin said:
Can anyone recommend an anime for me. I usually like the ones where the main character has some kind of special power.. or giant robot... or sport/racing/fighting animes. I also like over the top comedies like Excel Saga or Hare something something no guu or whatever that was called. I don't like those high school/ panty shot/loli crap.

Get Full Metal Panic. It has high school stuff in it, but its one of the most awesome/entertaining anime recently =P

McLovin

Relix said:
Get Full Metal Panic. It has high school stuff in it, but its one of the most awesome/entertaining anime recently =P
Well they can be in high school but I don't like it when the anime is just about the characters going to high school. And thanks I'll check out Full Metal Panic.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just saw Birdie. Hmm... the art style is not my thing but the animations are spot on (wonky at times though). Sounds interesting, but we'll see... it has potential :D

Zoe

What kind of series is Birdy overall? It piqued my interest years and years ago cause of Mitsuishi Kotono, but I never got around to watching the OVA's :\

Fireblend

Banned
Birdy was really good, I'd seen the raw since I was anticipating it and it was worth it. Thanks for the subs, Shouta and keep up the awesome work.

duckroll

Finally found the time to watch Birdy ep1. Great stuff. Very high octane animation, and the animation and art style is really good. Everything looks natural and there's lots of subtle animation but the actual style is totally exaggerated and ridiculous. Great mix. Akane continues to prove that he's a really good director, so I'm really looking forward to the rest of this. :D

Junpei Heat

Shouldn't Soul Eater be changing its OP soon? Since it's from Bones,I'd expect them do the same thing they did with FMA.

And although it's probably slim, it would be really neat if Future Shock somehow showed up in Birdy.

Zoe

Junpei Heat said:
Shouldn't Soul Eater be changing its OP soon? Since it's from Bones,I'd expect them do the same thing they did with FMA.

Nope, only the ED is changing with tomorrow's episode.

(hopefully we'll get changed animation though)

Zoe

duckroll said:
I'll be watching this ep just because it's the exam ep. :D

Crossing my fingers, knocking on every wood surface, and doing every other charm that I can think of in hopes that it will give the other students a proper introduction!

Hmm... the Bones blog says the new ED will be very cute... enough to give you a breath of relief from entering the climax of the story. Guess this means they'll be faithful till the end of the season.

duckroll

Zoe said:
Crossing my fingers, knocking on every wood surface, and doing every other charm that I can think of in hopes that it will give the other students a proper introduction!

Hmm... the Bones blog says the new ED will be very cute... enough to give you a breath of relief from entering the climax of the story. Guess this means they'll be faithful till the end of the season.

I don't give a shit about anything else in Soul Eater or any of the other students. I just want the see the Giraffe scene animated! :lol

Xabora said:
EDIT: Are there any 720p sources for Birdy?

No, they're all upscaled. The source already looks pretty bad in SD, and it looks totally disgusting in the HD captures.

Xabora

duckroll said:
No, they're all upscaled. The source already looks pretty bad in SD, and it looks totally disgusting in the HD captures.
Ahh ok,
Pretty much saved me a bit of searching. :D

Xabora

Shouta said:
Something wrong?
I found that site interesting for a few reasons.
1: Took me till now to notice you posted there.
2: They have a ton of links for subs there. O_O

Shouta

Xabora said:
I found that site interesting for a few reasons.
1: Took me till now to notice you posted there.
2: They have a ton of links for subs there. O_O

I only post in the other anime forum and yes, they link to MU/RS and torrents there.

I don't read the other forums although I have a friend that has his own fanclub there...

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Daughter of 20 Faces continues to Impress.
Code Geass R2 finally gets off its ass.
Macross as well.

rykomatsu

though it started in spring, since it's continuing into summer, I still think Wagaya is way underrated on this forum lol

Xabora

Well, I got Birdie to play on my PS3.
I had to change the bFrame setting and recode the MP3 to AAC then repackage it in the MP4 format.

Works till I get a corrupted data though. :(
Happens around 14:44. :/

Shouta

You can use megui's presets to encode to a format for the PS3 and 360. I kind of forgot to do that this time. :lol

Zoe

Xabora said:
Well, I got Birdie to play on my PS3.
I had to change the bFrame setting and recode the MP3 to AAC then repackage it in the MP4 format.

Works till I get a corrupted data though. :(
Happens around 14:44. :/

Yeah, didn't work for me either. I'll probably just try to watch it on my laptop tomorrow, but all mp4's started skipping for me for some reason :\

Xabora

Zoe said:
Yeah, didn't work for me either. I'll probably just try to watch it on my laptop tomorrow, but all mp4's started skipping for me for some reason :\
Make sure the MP4 has the audio track on AAC. (Encode to a higher format)
As for the video... I didn't transcode it at all.

avidemux2 has been a huge help in this.

Shouta said:
You can use megui's presets to encode to a format for the PS3 and 360. I kind of forgot to do that this time. :lol
dowa?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Code Geass R2: Shit just hit the fan. Stuff is really moving now and everything is getting better. The last 2 episodes were kinda painful to me, but this one made up for all of it.

Birdie: As I said, me like!

BTW Shouta... didn't know you posted on NF :lol I think I have seen many posts of yours but never noticed. Cool =D

Birdy was pretty awesome. Gotta keep an eye on that one.

For someone who's never seen Slayers would I be able to understand Slayers R or would I need to go back and watch the earlier series?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hellsing321 said:
Birdy was pretty awesome. Gotta keep an eye on that one.

For someone who's never seen Slayers would I be able to understand Slayers R or would I need to go back and watch the earlier series?

I second this. Someone answer!

Xabora

Shouta said:
It's an encoding program. Same one I use when I encode. It has presets for the PS3/360, video anyway. It'll also do AAC so it's pretty simple overall.
Oh ok.
Silly me. I thought someone had made a set of presets for another program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom