• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Unusual?

People are always pissing on each other here.
Yup. The most grating for me are the not so subtle jabs that imply marvel fans are mindless and have poor taste while simultaneously being self inflating.

Oh! Oh! And those that try to say all marvel movies are bad like it's some kind of universally accepted truth.

Ithil

Of all the things to complain about, complaining about "shrinking to tiny size" being lame is baffling. Even if you'd never heard of Ant-Man, the sheer number of possibilities for sequences and visuals while at ant size should be exciting to anyone.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Artwork from the Ant-Man Prelude Movie Comic featuring Hank Pym

ANTMANPRE2015001003s.jpg

ANTMANPRE2015001012s.jpg

ANTMANPRE2015001019s.jpg

mreddie

Of all the things to complain about, complaining about "shrinking to tiny size" being lame is baffling. Even if you'd never heard of Ant-Man, the sheer number of possibilities for sequences and visuals while at ant size should be exciting to anyone.

I really hate the shrinking is lame talk, again, size shifting can be a awesome power when used right.

tomtom94

It's like people have never heard of The Borrowers. Or if we're going Disney, Arrietty.

J10

Banned
I really hate the shrinking is lame talk, again, size shifting can be a awesome power when used right.

Dodging attacks, gaining positional advantage, shrinking out of a wrestling hold, stealth, fucking with internal organs, general cat and mouse games - Ant-Man can be an enormous pain in the ass. Even if you've never read a single issue, use your goddamn imagination for a few seconds!

LaNaranja

I picked up the new Ant-Man #1 today and just finished reading it. I highly recommend it to all of you, it is pretty damn great. Even if you don't read comics, the first issue is a nice self contained story so you don't need to read anything else to understand it. This comic made me more excited for the movie than the trailer did.

SoilBreak

Banned

This sounds awesome

There’s shrinking! Cool shrinking, Reed promises. “What we’re doing is very different from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids,” he says. “It’s going to be much more experiential.” Instead of having actors perform with outsize props, Ant-Man is utilizing both macro photography—the filming technique used on bug documentaries—and motion-capture technology. “There are cameras and lenses that make small areas look like the most epic landscapes,” says co-producer Brad Winderbaum. “Then we’re shooting motion capture with Paul to insert Ant-Man into those environments.”

richiek

Also from EW:

In addition to new images from Ant-Man, the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly also features new concept art and character details. "[Darren Cross] was this child prodigy that Hank Pym nurtured," said Corey Stoll of his character who later becomes the Yellowjacket (pictured right). "He started to become aware of this fabled technology that can shrink people to half an inch. Now he's discovered his own version of that technology-which has a psychotic effect on people if they use it too much." It's also revealed in the magazine that Scott Lang's allies are portrayed by Clifford "T.I." Harris (Dave), Michael Peña (Luis), and David Dastmalchian (Kurt), whom he meets in prison early in the film. Though the trio are not based on characters from the comics, Harris says they all play a major role in Ant-Man. "We are the team that makes up the Ant-Man crusaders, if you will," said the rapper/actor.

Didn't Pym go crazy when he became Yellowjacket?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Now if TI's character was named Bill Foster, I might have been mad

Total confusion :D I hope that Renner makes an appearence, than we would have everyone who ever was Ant Man/Yellowjacket/Giant Man/Goliath in one movie :D

Poor People, who are looking for Comicbooks with these characters afterwards :D

Dalek

Wow the new Entertainment Weekly states the following about Lilly's character. I didn't know for certain they hated stated this as definitive:

Hope Van Dyne: Hope is the daughter of Pym and Janet Van Dyne (a.k.a. The Wasp)
. "She is a kick-ass, strong, intelligent young woman," Lilly says.
"She has her own role to play in the heroics of the film.

richiek

Corey Stoll talks to EW about Yellowjacket:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/09/ant-man-corey-stoll-yellowjacket/

According to Stoll, his character and
Pym’s daughter Hope, who is played by Lilly
, colluded to take over the company. “Now, I’ve discovered my own version of that technology and I’m using it for militaristic purposes,” Stoll continues. “I’ve even started to use the technology myself, which as a sort of psychotic effect on people if they use it too much. I can’t get into the details of all the goodies of the Yellowjacket suit but it’s several generations advanced from what Ant-Man has. And then I put it on—and then I am Yellowjacket!”

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Wow the new Entertainment Weekly states the following about Lilly's character. I didn't know for certain they hated stated this as definitive:

Hope Van Dyne: Hope is the daughter of Pym and Janet Van Dyne (a.k.a. The Wasp)
. "She is a kick-ass, strong, intelligent young woman," Lilly says.
"She has her own role to play in the heroics of the film.

It's been known for awhile.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie, but with every new interview, I get more and more annoyed at Marvel, Feige, and mostly Wright for screwing us out of Hank and Janet.

richiek

My prediction about Yellowjacket:

Darren Cross and Hope Van Dyne are a couple, but once he puts on the Yellowjacket suit, he becomes mentally unstable. Hope tries to convince him to stop using the suit, but in a rage, he smacks her in the face. Hope then joins her Dad and Scott to take down Cross.

LaNaranja

Darren Cross and Hope Van Dyne are a couple, but once he puts on the Yellowjacket suit, he becomes mentally unstable. Hope tries to convince him to stop using the suit, but in a rage, he smacks her in the face. Hope then joins her Dad and Scott to take down Cross.

That would be pretty great. Have they said if Scott is going to be divorced in this movie?

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Then in the end they rip apart the Yellow jacket suit an use the bits to build the Wasp suit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Infinite toothpaste.
Or Battle Royal. The last panel was so awesome.
Ant Men basicly got free personal cinemas with the rise of Tablets.

Amazing stuff, when the book continues this, it will be worth buying alone to see what they make with Langs powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom