• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New pics from EW:

Ant-Man-Tub.jpg

Scott-Lang.jpg

Scott-Lang-on-an-ant.jpg

Yellowjacket.jpg

LOL at the first pic:

antman_shower.jpg

Hagi

Or Battle Royal. The last panel was so awesome.
Ant Men basicly got free personal cinemas with the rise of Tablets.

Amazing stuff, when the book continues this, it will be worth buying alone to see what they make with Langs powers.

It was pretty great first issue and I'm not even a big fan of Lang. Spencer has got my £££ till it gets cancelled at issue 12.

The tiny house was just the icing on the cake for me lol

It was pretty great first issue and I'm not even a big fan of Lang. Spencer has got my £££ till it gets cancelled at issue 12.

The tiny house was just the icing on the cake for me lol

It's not getting cancelled... Especially with the movie coming out.

I am really hoping this doesn't get the Thor Dark World treatment of editing in that lots of character moments for the villain are cut out. It really sounds like they're making Yellowjacket into an interesting antagonist.

I am really hoping this doesn't get the Thor Dark World treatment of editing in that lots of character moments for the villain are cut out. It really sounds like they're making Yellowjacket into an interesting antagonist.

Corey Stoll's breakout role in House of Cards sounds like it's actually going to be pretty similar to what's happening here. Guy who wants the right thing, to use this amazing technology to make the world safer, but going about it all the wrong ways and ignoring the danger he's putting himself into.

I'm hoping he's sympathetic enough to be an interesting antagonist to Hank and Scott, and to where his descent into madness can be seen as more tragic than just a bad guy going nuts.

Lunar15

For the film to be good and resonate audiences, the dynamic between Hank and Lang is extremely important. It's the thing that separates this marvel film from the others and will most likely give it its strongest voice.

If done well, it could be like Batman Beyond's dynamic between Bruce and Terry. If done poorly, It's going to be hokey and overbearing with too many jokes. It has to be a genuine connection, which I think they can do.

As for Yellowjacket, I think he's going to be like most MCU villians: Underdeveloped and underused. He already just seems like the combination of Stane from Iron Man 1 and Osborne from Spider Man 1. Businessman who is so obsessed with getting military contracts that he ends up using his own creations which leads to his mental breakdown and eventual downfall.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Corey Stoll's breakout role in House of Cards sounds like it's actually going to be pretty similar to what's happening here. Guy who wants the right thing, to use this amazing technology to make the world safer, but going about it all the wrong ways and ignoring the danger he's putting himself into.

I'm hoping he's sympathetic enough to be an interesting antagonist to Hank and Scott, and to where his descent into madness can be seen as more tragic than just a bad guy going nuts.

What they need to do is have the villain be a straight laced guy who does evil things and Lang be a jackass who does good things. Because right they're we have the subversion of the Tony Stark style businessman versus an arrogant jackass of a thief. Which should lead to a neat dynamic if Lang and Stark ever interact - working class thief versus a blue collar inventor.

SoilBreak

Banned
‘Ant-Man’ trailer attracts a giant-sized 29 million views

Who’s laughing now? EW can exclusively reveal that the teaser trailer for the Paul Rudd-starring Ant-Man has attracted 29 million global views since it debuted last Tuesday. According to Marvel, that’s a higher figure than the trailer premiere for last year’s Guardians of the Galaxy—which you may recall made a dollar or three at the box office. It’s a higher number of views than was garnered by the trailers for any Marvel film, excluding Iron Man 3 and the most recent Avengers clip.

For the film to be good and resonate audiences, the dynamic between Hank and Lang is extremely important. It's the thing that separates this marvel film from the others and will most likely give it its strongest voice.

If done well, it could be like Batman Beyond's dynamic between Bruce and Terry. If done poorly, It's going to be hokey and overbearing with too many jokes. It has to be a genuine connection, which I think they can do.

As for Yellowjacket, I think he's going to be like most MCU villians: Underdeveloped and underused. He already just seems like the combination of Stane from Iron Man 1 and Osborne from Spider Man 1. Businessman who is so obsessed with getting military contracts that he ends up using his own creations which leads to his mental breakdown and eventual downfall.

I think this film also has the family/children aspect that the other heroes don't have so far in the cinematic universe.

pulga

Banned
And 29 million people were instantly turned off by such a shit trailer.
JzKGOjM.png

Marvel needs to hit it out of the park with the next one, something like that Wright test footage would be hnnnnggggg

Also, Ant-Man #1 was fucking aces, even though I think Scott's a dumbass for the decision he took at the end. Make some moolah motherfucker!

JzKGOjM.png

Marvel needs to hit it out of the park with the next one, something like that Wright test footage would be hnnnnggggg

Also, Ant-Man #1 was fucking aces, even though I think Scott's a dumbass for the decision he took at the end. Make some moolah motherfucker!

I agree, but I know why he did it.

I can identify with Scott Lang.

Hagi

I think he would have fucked up working for asshole Tony anyway so better enjoying his new not dead life with his not dead daughter.

Neoxon

JzKGOjM.png

That's a bit of a broad assumption. The dislikes on the video aren't near the likes last time I checked.

pulga

Banned
Brehs, the main issue the ex-wife has with with Scott is he's a deadbeat, broke motherfucker who sleeps on the floor and can't provide for Cassie (well that and all the superhero baggage). I would've stayed with Tony and saved up some money and then moved to Miami with something to show. Now, he's just a deadbeat, broke motherfucker sleeping in a toy house :lol

Brehs, the main issue the ex-wife has with with Scott is he's a deadbeat, broke motherfucker who sleeps on the floor and can't provide for Cassie (well that and all the superhero baggage). I would've stayed with Tony and saved up some money and then moved to Miami with something to show. Now, he's just a deadbeat, broke motherfucker sleeping in a toy house :lol

This is true.

Goddammit, Scott.

Shoulda used that Stark juice to battle for shared custody.

Slayven

Scott Lang is the Barry Allen of marvel. Eclipsed by his mentor and his dude that came after him

Not really surprising, this trailer was going to get a lot of attention thanks to the powerful Marvel brand. What I'm more interested in is what impression it left on people.
Obviously anecdotal but I live in a rural part of the UK and, when all my friends were around 19, Avengers Assemble came out and suddenly comic books became 'cool' in a really roundabout sort of way. I knew women who had been in it for the token shirtless scenes - I suspect - and then came out really liking the movies (because apparently you have to watch the rest) and after the Avengers I had several friends who bought those big ol' guidebooks full of characters and you'd be at the pub and the film would come up and you'd just hear people say things like 'It'd be cool if Moon Knight got a film'.

If I'm being honest I think it was the Thanos ending more than anything. People wanted to know who he was, why he wanted Loki's help, why he didn't do it himself, etc, etc... and that lead to a fascination with the universe.

Now that we're all in our 20s the chatter has died out except for when a trailer, movie or new TV show starts but it's still there.

So overall the reaction in my field of view was 'meh' but with an air that people trust the Marvel brand. I saw no comments claiming that the movie would be shit but a lot saying that the trailer was the thing at fault here.

Gartooth

Obviously anecdotal but I live in a rural part of the UK and, when all my friends were around 19, Avengers Assemble came out and suddenly comic books became 'cool' in a really roundabout sort of way. I knew women who had been in it for the token shirtless scenes - I suspect - and then came out really liking the movies (because apparently you have to watch the rest) and after the Avengers I had several friends who bought those big ol' guidebooks full of characters and you'd be at the pub and the film would come up and you'd just hear people say things like 'It'd be cool if Moon Knight got a film'.

If I'm being honest I think it was the Thanos ending more than anything. People wanted to know who he was, why he wanted Loki's help, why he didn't do it himself, etc, etc... and that lead to a fascination with the universe.

Now that we're all in our 20s the chatter has died out except for when a trailer, movie or new TV show starts but it's still there.

So overall the reaction in my field of view was 'meh' but with an air that people trust the Marvel brand. I saw no comments claiming that the movie would be shit but a lot saying that the trailer was the thing at fault here.

That's somewhat in line with what I've heard. A lot of people felt underwhelmed with the trailer, but are still interested in the movie itself.

Couldn't they bother hiring a good director after firing Edgar Wright ? They had to get the Bring It On guy ? Seriously ?
It's like getting the 'You, Me and Dupree' guys to direct a spy thriller based on Captain America, ridiculous.

That's somewhat in line with what I've heard. A lot of people felt underwhelmed with the trailer, but are still interested in the movie itself.
At this point I can see people seeing it just because they feel they have to keep up with Marvel's films and I sort of wish that was a joke. People will go to see a bad Marvel movie just to see a Marvel movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom