• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
54b43c361b9c4.jpg

Neat.

I doubt the ants will talk.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I'm still cautious as how they're going to approach the selected few ants as characters with voices.

I mean, I shouldn't be, because we've had a talking tree and raccoon, but ants...gonna have to see it first before I believe.
My guess is they'll handle it like Groot. Ants make a sound and he gives you the gist of what they say and then responds. Don't expect actual talking. At least I wouldn't.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New scene description in the latest Empire:

tumblr_nhn8hbny5Y1u04yxso1_500.gif

This morning's Ant-Man scene takes place in the basement gym of Hank Pym-or, in Rudd's words, "the Pymnasium"- where Empire is about to witness a class training montage. Fake sunlight is streaming through the windows. Then a fist socks Rudd in the face, and he goes down hard. "Ooh... Aaah... It hurts..." he moans into the mat. His opponent is Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly), who follows her finishing move by dancing around her flattered foe. As the camera keeps rolling, Rudd attempts to get up, his knee squeaking against the mat ... that sounds a lot like prolonged flatulence. "Sorry," he says. "I'm on a very restricted diet."

Furthermore, Empire magazine goes on to explain how Scott Lang is unlike previous heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, given his combat style could use some improvement. "Scott's okay; he knows how to handle himself," Rudd told them in-between beat-downs from Lilly. "But okay is not going to cut it when it comes to fighting her. She knows her stuff." About the knee-farting gag, which he "perfected" while filming I Love You, Man, Paul Rudd says "there are probably cooler things to be known for." Rudd had later gushed about having his own action figure. "Crazy, isn't it?" he asked. "Though there actually is already an Anchorman action figure of me. I look like a cross between Wolverine and Robert Goulet." Meanwhile, Ant-Man director Peyton Reed also talks briefly about the movie. "The tone of this is unique," he said. "It has drama, it has comedy, it has a hero with a shitty van and a cut under his eye."

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Ant-Man Prelude comic featuring Peggy Carter and Hank Pym:

ant-manprelude1.jpg

ant-manprelude2-3.jpg

ant-manprelude4.jpg

I have to say, the artwork looks alot better than previous MCU comics.

Though Peggy shouldn't look that old in the 1960s.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I'm honestly pretty disappointed we're not getting some wacky retro inspired costume for 60s Ant-Man.

Not really a fan of any of the faces in that book. They're a little inconsistent from panel to panel, and yeah Stark looks older than Slattery in IM2. Though we don't know yet what he looks like makeup-wise in Ant-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom