• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
New concept art:

C2d7Hct.jpg
Those ants got booty

Cuburt

oh yeah. i'm pretty positive
we'll see a young Hank Pym and Wasp with their classic costumes
. I just feel it in my marrow.

I believe this will be the case 100% since it's something that seemed to be hinted at when I read an early synopsis/pitch for Ant-Man before it was confirmed to be in productions before the Avengers released. I haven't been able to find the article again recently but it's the thing that really got me excited about Edgar Wright's Ant-Man originally so that's why I remembered it.

It talked about an early 1960's prologue to Scott Lang's story which immediately called to my mind the Minutemen/Watchmen flashbacks. It seems Marvel may have kept that take and possibly expanded on the idea with the Peggy Carter/Howard Stark connection in the Young Hank Pym flashback.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I believe this will be the case 100% since it's something that seemed to be hinted at when I read an early synopsis/pitch for Ant-Man before it was confirmed to be in productions before the Avengers released. I haven't been able to find the article again recently but it's the thing that really got me excited about Edgar Wright's Ant-Man originally so that's why I remembered it.

It talked about an early 1960's prologue to Scott Lang's story which immediately called to my mind the Minutemen/Watchmen flashbacks. It seems Marvel may have kept that take and possibly expanded on the idea with the Peggy Carter/Howard Stark connection in the Young Hank Pym flashback.

Edgar Wright's earlier drafts of the script have included
showing Hank Pym as Ant-Man in the 60s before focusing on Scott Lang in the present day.

BobLoblaw

Banned
So, there's pretty much never gonna be a sequel to this movie with the release date changes. Any ideas what other movies Ant-Man is going to show up in besides AIW:2?

Ok now I'm confused, is the one on the Ant Hank or Scott?
I dunno, I'm confused myself. They both have the same helmet, but the Super Jumper is wearing what looks like the suit we've seen in the trailer. The Hank one looks like a different suit, but maybe it's a stealth mode or something. Maybe they're both Hank.

BLACKLAC

So, there's pretty much never gonna be a sequel to this movie with the release date changes. Any ideas what other movies Ant-Man is going to show up in besides AIW:2?

There where rumors.

Potentially major AoU and CW spoilers.

At the end of AoU Black Widow goes to prison (supposedly so Scarlett Johansson can have time with her newborn). In CW Ant-Man would bust her out (If she didn't want to take a break).

The one on the ant has Hank's suit but Scott's helmet, according to the minifigures on the box.

lol so I spoilered the wrong thing? -_-

Should I just unspoiler the last image since there are no names attached?

guek

Banned

If it does numbers close to GotG, it definitely will. As unlikely as that sounds, I thought the same of GotG to begin with.

lol so I spoilered the wrong thing? -_-

Should I just unspoiler the last image since there are no names attached?

Sorry, typed that out wrong, helmet and suit were the wrong way round.

The one you spoilered was Hank's suit , but with Scott's helmet, so I don't think you spoilered the wrong thing

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Peter Parker gets a new Iron Spider suit created by Hank Pym and Tony Stark based on the Yellowjacket suit.

Peter Parker gets a new Iron Spider suit created by Hank Pym and Tony Stark based on the Yellowjacket suit.

Does Sony own the Iron Spider suit? Is that part of the Spider-man license?

What if Amadeus Cho gets the Iron Spider suit [potential AoU spoiler?]
(Dr. Cho in AoU is his mother right?)
based on the Yellow Jacket Suit made for Spider-man, but used by Amadeus. A sort of loop-hole should Marvel ever need to use one.

scabro

I think more interestingly-

OMFGWTHSFG KILL IT WITH FIRE

maybe its one of his first forms as he tries to emulate the look of humanity?

and then he progressively improves the design into ultron prime, and then he decides he wants to distance himself humanity for some reason, so he goes to the less anthropomorphized ultimate ultron design?

maybe its one of his first forms as he tries to emulate the look of humanity?

and then he progressively improves the design into ultron prime, and then he decides he wants to distance himself humanity for some reason, so he goes to the less anthropomorphized ultimate ultron design?

Or maybe it's just a badly moulded toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom