• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Love the shot of the tiny Lang throwing a punch

10501745_10152803223302285_2302175863493068766_n.jpg

J10

Banned
What's Yellowjacket power btw?

Keep in mind Yellowjacket is traditionally just an alias of Ant-Man. The movie version is an entirely separate character and we don't know how different the powerset might be, but it's probably just shrinking and growing.

I'm not worried about the relative silence personally. I remember being worried we weren't seeing much of GotG until the marketing machine went full force relatively close to it's release and that turned out ok for them. AoU is about to drop so the marketing machine is going to be all that for a while. The condensed schedule probably means a lot of the effects are going to be coming in hotter than usual too.

Quick

Banned
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I think Age of Ultron will give Ant-Man a bit of a push. Not that he'd be showing up in AoU, but there's bound to be more interest in Ant-Man as another Marvel property. Marvel logo giving it that bump.

I only just realized that Ant-man is in that picture too lol
double-take-or7u5n.gif

Keep in mind Yellowjacket is traditionally just an alias of Ant-Man. The movie version is an entirely separate character and we don't know how different the powerset might be, but it's probably just shrinking and growing.
Looks like he might have some sort of offensive capabilities with those extra appendages, similar to the wrist blasters in the comics. I don't remember Ant Man having anything like that, but it's been a while since I've read his stuff.

BLACKLAC

He corrected in a follow-up tweet to "next trailer," so my guess is there will be a third one later on at some point.

Thanks. I'm damn sure not strolling around twitter comments about Marvel stuff at the moment. :/

Why does Ant-Man look like it was shot so amateurishly?

This is the issue with like 80% of Marvel movies. It's getting really tiring.

Can't tell if this is a parody comment or not.

Pachimari

I bet this trailer will be a lot more humorious and fun. As the last one were surprisingly serious for some, and they have ensured us it's gonna be a fun movie, so we are probably gonna see that side of the movie on Monday.

duckroll

Final ANT-MAN trailer?

Whoa

Yeah I heard the ratings for the Ant-Man trailers weren't too hot, so Marvel's cutting their losses while they're ahead and cancelling the trailer series. Hopefully they gave the editors a heads up so they could tie up any loose ends they've been building up to in this final trailer. I'm kinda bummed out about it because I was hoping it would get renewed for another season, but seeing how the actual film comes out in July it doesn't look like that's very likely. After the movie is out no one will care about the trailers anymore, so they probably won't make more. :(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah I heard the ratings for the Ant-Man trailers weren't too hot, so Marvel's cutting their losses while they're ahead and cancelling the trailer series. Hopefully they gave the editors a heads up so they could tie up any loose ends they've been building up to in this final trailer. I'm kinda bummed out about it because I was hoping it would get renewed for another season, but seeing how the actual film comes out in July it doesn't look like that's very likely. After the movie is out no one will care about the trailers anymore, so they probably won't make more. :(

Renewed for another season?

BLACKLAC

suspicious.gif~original

Quick

Banned
Why does Ant-Man look like it was shot so amateurishly?

This is the issue with like 80% of Marvel movies. It's getting really tiring.

Marvel directors are the worst.

Jon Favreau did some kids movies.
Kenneth Branagh is a Shakespeare guy.
Joe Jonston also did some kids movies.
The Russo Brothers did You, Me, and Dupree
Peyton Reed did comedies
Alan Taylor did some fantasy show
James Gunn...who?

And worst of all, that hack Joss Whedon did some mediocre shows that gets cancelled.

The absolute worst. And Marvel thought they could do superhero movies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Kevin Feige Explains Importance Of ANT-MAN In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

With a slot after Avengers: Age of Ultron but before Captain America: Civil War, many fans have wondered what – if any – significant Ant-Man would have in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Well, according to Feige, a lot. He says the film is actually a “different kind of culmination to Phase Two” and is quite important in setting a tone that links Age of Ultron and Civil War. Read the Kevin Feige Ant-Man Marvel Cinematic Universe quotes below.

"It’s not [an after thought]. The truth is the phases mean a lot to me and some people but…Civil War is the start of Phase Three. It just is. And Ant-Man is a different kind of culmination of Phase Two because it very much is in the MCU.

You meet new characters and you learn about Hank Pym and his lineage with the MCU over the years. But at the same time, it also picks up the thread of Age of Ultron in terms of heroes – major heroes, Avengers – coming from unexpected places. Whether it’s prison in the case of Scott Lang or being a very disgruntled Sokovian Twins as Wanda and Pietro are in Age of Ultron. And in that way it connects a lot.

Also, Hank Pym’s attitude towards Avengers, towards S.H.I.E.L.D, and kind of the cinematic universe in general, is much more informed after the events of Age of Ultron, and in a certain way, before the events of Civil War."

Setting up Civil War, sound intriguing. I wonder if this was why Wright left the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom