• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

It's like my most anticipated Marvel production, more than Age of Ultron and Civil War at this point. I just really like seeing these solo ventures with superheroes who haven't had a real shot at the big screen.

And those shrinking effects are ripped out of the comic pages, and that DOF effect gives the movie a unique look compared to the rest of the line-up, and the humor seems so appropriate with the punch to the face and toy train sequence. Hilarious!

As much as the tone may be inconsistent, I do like the smaller serious notes and dialogue mixed with the funny ones.

July 22 can't come soon enough!

mreddie

Just pleeeeaaaaasssseeeeee have Lilly be the Wasp before the end that's all I ask!

I think after Daredevil, we need to start paying attention to the other heroes not named Iron Man, Cap or Spidey.

Just pleeeeaaaaasssseeeeee have Lilly be the Wasp before the end that's all I ask!

I think after Daredevil, we need to start paying attention to the other heroes not named Iron Man, Cap or Spidey.

I agree! If you look at her body of work in the comics, I think it's a miracle we're getting a Jessica Jones show over someone else.

J10

Banned
This feels a little more exciting than Ultron just because it's entirely new. We've already seen the Avengers.

Tizoc

This feels a little more exciting than Ultron just because it's entirely new. We've already seen the Avengers.

That's like saying a new James Bond movie isn't exciting because we've already seen James Bond dozens of times already :p

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New motion poster:

latest

richiek

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/j...ng-soul-crushing-marvel-adventure#.nagg9ypOpD

Joss Whedon talks about Edgar Wright's departure from Ant-Man:

In May 2014, months into production on Age of Ultron, Edgar Wright abruptly departed Ant-Man eight years after first signing on to co-write and direct the film, and just weeks before it was due to start shooting. According to a vague joint statement released by Marvel and Wright, the reason was “due to differences in their vision of the film” — which Feige echoed when BuzzFeed News asked him about the decision on the Age of Ultron set in July. “It really was good old-fashioned creative differences,” he said. “It was, ‘It’s not going to work, is it?’ ‘No, it’s not.’ ‘All right. Should we draft a statement?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘OK.’”

Fans of Wright’s distinctively geeky filmmaking style, best expressed in his “Cornetto” trilogy Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World’s End, were shocked by the sudden news. Whedon was one of them. The day after the announcement, he tweeted a shot of himself holding a Cornetto ice cream wrapper, as if in solidarity with Wright.

When asked six weeks later if he had anything else to say about Wright’s departure, at first Whedon replied, “No.” And then he kept talking.

“Only that I don’t get it,” he said with a sigh. “I thought the script was not only the best script that Marvel had ever had, but the most Marvel script I’d read. I had no interest in Ant-Man. [Then] I read the script, and was like, Of course! This is so good! It reminded me of the books when I read them. Irreverent and funny and could make what was small large, and vice versa. I don’t know where things went wrong. But I was very sad. Because I thought, This is a no-brainer. This is Marvel getting it exactly right. Whatever dissonance that came, whatever it was, I don’t understand why it was bigger than a marriage that seemed so right. But I’m not going to say it was definitely all Marvel, or Edgar’s gone mad! I felt like they would complement each other by the ways that they were different. And, uh, somethin’ happened.”

Pachimari

I'm very worried about Yellow Jacket. He might look cool and all at this point, but I'm so afraid he is gonna be another weak Marvel villain that will highly likely be beaten by the end and not be that menacing at all, but rather a cool action packed character.

Gartooth

I'm very worried about Yellow Jacket. He might look cool and all at this point, but I'm so afraid he is gonna be another weak Marvel villain that will highly likely be beaten by the end and not be that menacing at all, but rather a cool action packed character.

I have zero faith in Yellowjacket. Marvel had the chance to do something great with Ultron and it sounds like they blew it.

It will be the most ironic twist of fate though if Ant-Man ends up being considered a better film than Age of Ultron by a lot of people.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I just realised another thing we lost by losing Edgar Wright:

We could have had a part where Ant-man goes:
"Thanks, Ants.

Thants."

Now I'm sad.

richiek

Not too crazy about the "ensemble cast" poster here.

I see they're trying to ride the coattails of Guardians of the Galaxy.

tomtom94

Yup, that's a Marvel poster alright.

I'm kind of in shock to be honest, a blue-tinted background and not a hint of orange. What are they thinking?

Real thoughts, it's alright but looks hella generic.

richiek

Nice little throwback to the Iron Man 1 poster. But I'm curious as to why the Avengers aren't mentioned in the "From the Studio Who Brought You..." part.

Because Marvel feels that Ant Man is more in line with GOTG than Avengers? The cast had said the film has lots of humor like Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom