• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
55495e0e6a260.jpg

Haven't seen a poster like this in a while from Marvel.

Jesus thats a terrible poster.

Ithil

55495e0e6a260.jpg

Haven't seen a poster like this in a while from Marvel.

Definitely a floating head poster, as most are. I do wish they'd weave the film's style into the posters a bit more. I know they've developed a "style" for them (all the Phase 2 ones look similar) but there's not much there that tells you about Ant-Man other than "here is a guy in a costume, and also some regular looking people".

jmood88

They need to just start letting fans design the posters. All the fan-made posters are much better than the official ones.

Blader

Apparently the new issue of Empire debunks the idea that Wright departed the film over having to fit the script into the MCU, and that he had already written in cameos from other characters -- he even wrote a post-credits tag for Age of Ultron!

If true, there's gonna be quite a few people around here in need of some crow... :lol

Apparently the new issue of Empire debunks the idea that Wright departed the film over having to fit the script into the MCU, and that he had already written in cameos from other characters -- he even wrote a post-credits tag for Age of Ultron!

If true, there's gonna be quite a few people around here in need of some crow... :lol

But it doesn't clarify why he did leave the film?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

According to the Empire article, an Avenger may make a cameo appearance in the film.

Falcon.

Blader

But it doesn't clarify why he did leave the film?

The article itself isn't online yet so I'm just going off what was transcribed by CBM, but sounds like the major thing was tone:

"I met with Paul in a little restaurant in New York City, and he talked me through how the movie was changing. I think the most defining difference between the two scripts was that Edgar's didn't take itself as seriously. It was fun and silly and brilliant irreverent - a romp from beginning to end, in classic English fashion. Whereas where we've gotten to is so much more American. There's tons of levity, but just as much emotion."

And then CBM mentions some other specific changes, but hard to imagine any of these were dealbreakers:

Some of the changes made along the way included Nano Warrior being renamed Yellowjacket, a car chase being scrapped, and a number of characters being cut (some of which we heard about during pre-production).

Anson225

i really hope Ant-Man turns out to be good, and there will be sequels
are we going to get a final trailer before it hits theater?

dabig2

Oh man, people got it completely reversed. It's already hilarious enough that Wright was all aboard the shared universe concept and had no qualms with writing his story into it. What makes it more hilarious is that Marvel chose to ditch Wright in order to get more pathos - something which quite a few posters on this board continually lambast MCU movies for not having enough of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom