• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44398

Empire officially releases 3 stills:

keArvDm.jpg

rNrIYB1.jpg

wJFIj6G.jpg

mreddie

Evangeline Lilly said:
"I think the most defining difference between the two scripts was that Edgar’s didn’t take itself as seriously. It was fun and silly and brilliant irreverent – a romp from beginning to end, in classic English fashion. Whereas where we’ve gotten to is so much more American. There’s tons of levity, but just as much emotion.”

The fuck?

giphy.gif

Harmen

I wonder, what are the expectations for this one in terms of box-office? MCU will give it some momentum but I have difficulty believing people will run to the cinema for this one.

I do not feel the same about the other MCU films (okay, I did about Cap prior to actually seeing WS, but being a lead in an action blockbuster milestone helps a lot).

Neoxon

I wonder, what are the expectations for this one in terms of box-office? MCU will give it some momentum but I have difficulty believing people will run to the cinema for this one.

I do not feel the same about the other MCU films (okay, I did about Cap prior to actually seeing WS, but being a lead in an action blockbuster milestone helps a lot).
After the success of Guardians, it'll likely sell on the Marvel Studios brand alone (& you'd be surprised by how many people can tell apart an MCU film from a Marvel film by Fox).

neoism

day 0 for Lilly but goddamn that hair cut... :( she reaallly needs her long hair back... I know nothing of ant man but with Paul it"ll be fun and funny.

Syntsui

This has to be the less hyped Marvel movie ever, even GoTG had more exposure and people were kinda of excited (a lot of unknown faces, but turned out to be a success). I'm afraid this will bomb REALLY hard.

Wurst

This has to be the less hyped Marvel movie ever, even GoTG had more exposure and people were kinda of excited (a lot of unknown faces, but turned out to be a success). I'm afraid this will bomb REALLY hard.

Yep, not feeling any hype whatsoever. Marvel-GAF is pretty quiet about it. My gf is a casual MCU-fan and the trailer left her cold. I fear the general public thinks the same.

Nevertheless, Marvel and Disney have more of enough of a financial puffer to have one movie fail. Plus, they have their 2019 plan set in stone, a failure won't cancel Black Panther

dabig2

The movie is still a month and a half away. I expect marketing to beef up when we hit mid June or so. We're due at least another new full trailer along with a few more tv commercial spots.

Yep, not feeling any hype whatsoever. Marvel-GAF is pretty quiet about it. My gf is a casual MCU-fan and the trailer left her cold. I fear the general public thinks the same.

Nevertheless, Marvel and Disney have more of enough of a financial puffer to have one movie fail. Plus, they have their 2019 plan set in stone, a failure won't cancel Black Panther

The run up to GotG was similar until the marketing machine ramped up about a month before release and we all know how that turned out. My GF likes seeing MCU stuff and I had to practically drag her to GotG on opening day. That said, I do think there was more internet hype for it. My point though is never underestimate the Marvel marketing machine.

longdi

Banned
Saw Antman trailer while watching Mad Max. It looks rather generic. But since it is another Marvel potatoe, will likely watch.

Just wondering which timeline this movie take place in? Kind of hard to imagine someone other than Tony will have the technology to shrink a man in MCU.

Pachimari

Watched the trailer in the cinema last night. Most jokes went over people's heads, but they did laugh when Lilly punched Scott in the face, and when the toy train fell off track in the battle against Yellowjacket.

jmood88

I don't mind not seeing a million clips before the movie is out but at this point, I'll be watching this based on my enjoyment of the MCU more than my excitement for this movie, which I guess is what Marvel is banking on.

Lunar15

I just never expected them to play up an Ant Man movie so straight. When I heard it was Wright working on it, it made sense. Even when they changed directors, I assumed it'd still be pretty tounge-in-cheek. With the first trailer, I thought "oh, they're holding back, I guess".

I mean, I'm sure the movie will be fairly comedic given the writers on it and the actors they hired, but they're sure not pushing that angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom