• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Are pink electronics something you haven't seen?

I don't know why they ever made these.

They made a colour that was geared towards one market (Gold, China)

Pink, or any gender-specific color, is fine when there's lots of other choice. But it doesn't make as much sense when there's few other choices. There's only four colors, so 25% of the choices are strongly geared toward one sex.

The Gold iPhone may have been geared toward a specific market but it's still a neutral color. As for the iMacs, they are all hideous (irrelevant but has to be said), but there was more choice, and also, a desktop computer stays in one place, so the color/appearance doesn't matter as no one is going to see it.

Credit card is charging, but instead of one large transaction, they first did a pending charge for the entire amount and now are breaking it up for each phone, so it set off a few fraud alert. lol

Anion

Anyone know the best way to sell my 32GB iPhone 5S. Got it unlocked and I want the most money I can lol. Not that ~160 or so from like trade ins

Meh3D

Just a thought.

Maybe this thread should be changed to "iPhone 6S/6S+ Launch OT" since all the content is dealing with trying to get the phone on launch day (and the anxiety people feel from it). I'm sure on launch day the thread will shift to launch day line experiences and pictures. Probably a couple of hundred post more before anyone actually has the phone in their hands.

rhino4evr

Just a thought.

Maybe this thread should be changed to "iPhone 6S/6S+ Launch OT" since all the content is dealing with trying to get the phone on launch day (and the anxiety people feel from it). I'm sure on launch day the thread will shift to launch day line experiences and pictures. Probably a couple of hundred post more before anyone actually has the phone in their hands.

What else did you expect?

I bet their justification is something stupid like needing 3d touch to play the live photos.

I'd have to try and hunt it down again as I can't remember if it was posted on GAF or somewhere else, but someone broke down the processing power needed for by an iPhone that took the live photo for post processing and all of that stuff and it sounded like it could only be done with the A9.

Persona7

Banned
Fucking t-mobile wants me to switch off the promotional plan I am on and onto one that charges 20 dollars more per line but otherwise is exactly the same as the promotional plan I am on.

Symphonic

Got my Spigen case today. Held it for a bit to feel the size of the phone and I can already tell I'm really going to like it. Friday can't come soon enough!

Jimrpg

Pink, or any gender-specific color, is fine when there's lots of other choice. But it doesn't make as much sense when there's few other choices. There's only four colors, so 25% of the choices are strongly geared toward one sex.

The Gold iPhone may have been geared toward a specific market but it's still a neutral color. As for the iMacs, they are all hideous (irrelevant but has to be said), but there was more choice, and also, a desktop computer stays in one place, so the color/appearance doesn't matter as no one is going to see it.

I'm a guy but I kind of like the rose gold. I don't think it's a strong pink and it's the latest hot new thing and the only thing that says you have a 6s. I bet there will be guys that get it and have no problem with it.

Jimrpg

A case or a screen cover?
I love the Apple leather case, they are $45.
Heard the silicone case is good

I second the leather cover. It makes it look really elegant. It won't save it from any high drops though.

Otherwise get a speck candy shell, they have a hybrid case with the silicone on the inside and plastic on the outside so the silicone doesn't get dirty and the plastic makes it easy to slide in and out of pockets and things. The silicone will save it from the drops.

I second the leather cover. It makes it look really elegant. It won't save it from any high drops though.

Otherwise get a speck candy shell, they have a hybrid case with the silicone on the inside and plastic on the outside so the silicone doesn't get dirty and the plastic makes it easy to slide in and out of pockets and things. The silicone will save it from the drops.

On the contrary, the leather case from Apple saved my 5S from many would-be fatal drops

Edit: But I'm going with a thicker case for my 6S Plus. Too many near-misses for my comfort.

Akira

Hmm, I was set on getting an ultra-thin cover like the Spigen above^ but I've just seen those vinyl skin wraps by dBrand and Slickwraps. I wish the bamboo textured wrap by dBrand was still available. That would be my number one choice.

Are you guys planning on applying screen protectors?

Lima

I'm a guy but I kind of like the rose gold. I don't think it's a strong pink and it's the latest hot new thing and the only thing that says you have a 6s. I bet there will be guys that get it and have no problem with it.

Well for the first time it says S on the back of the phone. So people will know if that is your thing.

Are you guys planning on applying screen protectors?

I would except for th curved glass problem, and the only tempered glass protector I know of that is edge to edge and curves is called Cinder, around 50 bucks and has had PR issues for the last few weeks with delays and back orders.

So. I dunno. I'd like to, but j probably won't.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have a ups Mychoice email saying I have a delivery scheduled tomorrow from T-Mobile. I know it's likely wrong, but a man can dream.

StillEdge

Nope, no screen protector no case. Completely naked, the way it was meant.

I like your style. Getting my iPhone through the Apple store upgrade program so I am forced to get AppleCare+ with it so I am going to have no problem not putting a case or anything on it since I am paying for protection.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I like your style. Getting my iPhone through the Apple store upgrade program so I am forced to get AppleCare+ with it so I am going to have no problem not putting a case or anything on it since I am paying for protection.

AppleCare is only a good deal if you replace your screen more than once or have a full replacement. Otherwise it's cheaper to just pay the screen replacement cost. AppleCare is nothing like it used to be.

Top Bottom