• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So did the other models get updates?

Also, FUCKING FINALLY! MAC MINI!!!

I might just get the new Mini. I only need it for a server mainly. I'll suffer with my 10 year old 20" Apple Cinnamon Display with its amazingly high resolution 1680x1050 display.

Wait... what was the price? Same? Or did I hear $499? I must have heard that wrong... right?

This slide is bullshit:

apple571.jpg

Because it's $600 right now...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&cm_re=4k_monitor-_-0JC-0007-00009-_-Product

LCfiner

good to see the Mac mini down to the original $500 launch price again. it had gotten pretty expensive for a small, starter machine.

Two Words

I hate when they say "These are the best products we've ever had". Of course it is better. It would be crazy if they were worse!

Aiii

So not worth it
Yep, I was one of the first people to get the iPhone, one of the first to get the iPad mini, but after all these years I am going to bow out of the iOS environment in favor of Android. Already had the Nexus 5 and 7, going to add the 9 in place of my iPad now as well.

You had a good run Apple, but Android L puts iOS to shame and it now has the hardware (and screen ratio) to match you there as well.

oatmeal

Banned
I guess I'll be buying another Apple TV 3 :(

(EDIT)
Just so you know, Costco has the ATV3 for 97 bucks and it comes with a 15 dollar Apple GC.

Yep, I was one of the first people to get the iPhone, one of the first to get the iPad mini, but after all these years I am going to bow out of the iOS environment in favor of Android. Already had the Nexus 5 and 7, going to add the 9 in place of my iPad now as well.

You had a good run Apple, but Android L puts iOS to shame and it now has the hardware (and screen ratio) to match you there as well.

What is iOS doing wrong?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
that's a lame mini update

It's all I expected from it though. Sure, a total redesign with techniques learned from the laptops and iMacs would have been amazing. Maybe next year.

Can anyone confirm the price? I am still deciding on the iMac vs. Mac mini. (iMac will be baseline 21" though. NOT the entry level one of course, but the baseline one that doesn't suck.)

Edit: Oh WOW. It's finally back to $499 after almost 8 years being more than $599. And being $699 for a long time. Fuck.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Put to shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom