• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Special Event - 10.16.14 - "It's been way too long"

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's not even close to ips 6 bit display

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=210-ACBL

Does that help? 4K, 31.5" and IPS for $1750.

You're not sure.

There aren't any 4k IPS panels of that professional quality at 27"+ for cheap. The price they quoted is accurate.

There are going to be lots of pro's buying that iMac even if they're Windows users just as a display.

^^^

Dell is shipping the 27" 5K for $2500. You sure the 30 inch model is $1500?

I said for 4K. Not 5K.

B-Dex

What colour of iPad air 2? I wouldn't mind any tbh. I'm leaning towards space grey for the black bezel though. But dat gold or silver.

Ultimatum

Banned
Yep, I was one of the first people to get the iPhone, one of the first to get the iPad mini, but after all these years I am going to bow out of the iOS environment in favor of Android. Already had the Nexus 5 and 7, going to add the 9 in place of my iPad now as well.

You had a good run Apple, but Android L puts iOS to shame and it now has the hardware (and screen ratio) to match you there as well.

I dunno, I'm so split. iOS is lagging behind Android so hard, it still has a few things going for it (Pay and touch id), but I think Yosemite is looking very, very nice. Nexus 9 looks great, but the hardware in the new ipads is pretty amazing. sigh.

btkadams

still no apple tv update?? damn..

well, good updates to everything else. i'm still waiting for the 13" iPad though. i guess that will be next year. maybe i'll look at one of those iMacs next year or the year after.

Aiii

So not worth it
What is iOS doing wrong?

It is more a question of what it is lacking, like for instance Google Now putting anything Siri to shame. Android lagged behind for a long time, but since a year or two they have improved greatly to match iOS in speed and usability, of course it has great customizability like before and features iOS will get a year or two from now today.

iOS remained stagnant for too long, it's been overtaken imo

Android is a garbage fire of an app store. Can't do it. Had Nexus 7s and phones. Just...can't.

My kid dropped my iPad 3, looking like dad will get a new Air 2.

MercuryLS

Banned
I don't get the iPad Mini 3, isn't the only difference the touch ID? They're still selling the iPad mini retina for $300. Why would you pay $100 for Touch ID?

iPad Air 3 looks pretty great, hopefully 2gb of ram is confirmed. I still wish for split screen multitasking :(

mid83

How quick do iPad teardowns get posted online? I really want to see what the memory is before I make a purchase decision.

Also, what's the best place to go for teardown info (what blogs/sites)?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ugh. I wish the store site would update and the specs pages. I want to drool over them for a few hours before work.

Mac mini for $500 and keep my outdated ACD just as a server or iMac 21" for probably $1300 but a much better, but still not Retina, display. Tough decision.

Android is a garbage fire of an app store. Can't do it. Had Nexus 7s and phones. Just...can't.

My kid dropped my iPad 3, looking like dad will get a new Air 2.

Completely disagree but whatever. If iOS isn't accurately boring, I don't see how the play store is garbage. Android has pretty much the same exact apps as Apple. I'm really not seeing this huge difference

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It is more a question of what it is lacking, like for instance Google Now putting anything Siri to shame. Android lagged behind for a long time, but since a year or two they have improved greatly to match iOS in speed and usability, of course it has great customizability like before and features iOS will get a year or two from now today.

As someone who used an Android phone for a while this year and found Google Now to be completely useless outside of the "how long will it take me to get to work/home" aspect, how does it help you in your every day life? Not trying to challenge you or anything, but genuinely curious.

asdad123

I don't get the iPad Mini 3, isn't the only difference the touch ID? They're still selling the iPad mini retina for $300. Why would you pay $100 for Touch ID?

iPad Air 3 looks pretty great, hopefully 2gb of ram is confirmed. I still wish for split screen multitasking :(

Is it really the same exact specs as the iPad mini 2? I thought it had the new a8.

MercuryLS

Banned

iOS's greatest strength is the app ecosystem, especially on tablets. Android Lollipop looks nice on their new tablet, but it's not going to change the massive app gap (both quantity and quality) between them and iOS. A tablet is only as good as its apps and Apple has a commanding lead here that I don't see changing any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom