• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
giga said:
tumblr_l5nwg6kJhD1qzlt9qo1_500.png
Holy shit :lol

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Marty Chinn said:
That's impossible! BBoyDubC has done the testing for everyone and has found conclusively that it's not possible. So only one of the following is true:

1) You're a liar
2) You have a broken phone

There's just no way a slight touch could cause it to happen. BBoyDubC has declared this whole situation is a lie.

uh..if you take off your blinkers for long enough you'll see there's this thing called "evidence"...

http://www.apple.com/antenna/

eat it, hater.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Marty Chinn said:
That's impossible! BBoyDubC has done the testing for everyone and has found conclusively that it's not possible. So only one of the following is true:

1) You're a liar
2) You have a broken phone

There's just no way a slight touch could cause it to happen. BBoyDubC has declared this whole situation is a lie.

What is also found out to be true is that you are a really weird fucking guy Marty Chinn.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just got back from Inception...what's going on in here?

:D

ghst said:
uh..if you take off your blinkers for long enough you'll see there's this thing called "evidence"...

eat it, hater.
i love how apple's response to this is 'other phones are broken as well!' and people are still arguing that the iPhone isn't broken.

good show on them giving out the rubber bands though.

so, everyone saying it isn't a problem, what now? other phones having the same fault doesn't magically stop it being a fault.

i also love how the apple phones in this test all start out with only 3 bars, but they try to make out that going from 5 to 1 or 4 to 1 is worse than 3 to 1. presuming the bars are all equivalent, then surely all the none apple phones in this have better signal?

curls said:
What is also found out to be true is that you are a really weird fucking guy Marty Chinn.

It's weird to mock someone who claims the situation doesn't exist? I think it's more weird to be in denial about it.

giga

plagiarize said:
i also love how the apple phones in this test all start out with only 3 bars, but they try to make out that going from 5 to 1 or 4 to 1 is worse than 3 to 1. presuming the bars are all equivalent, then surely all the none apple phones in this have better signal?
The bars aren't all equivalent and iOS 4.0.1.+ actually has a much stricter mapping to achieve 5 bars.

signalbarmapping.jpg

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
plagiarize said:
so, everyone saying it isn't a problem, what now? other phones having the same fault doesn't magically stop it being a fault.

Hence they said our phones are not perfect, its a challenge for all phone designers, we cant break the laws of physics... yet. Bla blah blah.

I mean if you read what they actually said you would get this.

This is getting like the 3ds rumour thread where on every page someone brought up that dsi tracking demo.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
SimleuqiR said:
Forget what's going on in here...how was Inception?
Incredible. Love it love it love it.

...free cases, eh? Sounds about right.

curls

Marty Chinn said:
It's weird to mock someone who claims the situation doesn't exist? I think it's more weird to be in denial about it.
:lol I see you don't read all your responses. ;)

curls said:
Hence they said our phones are not perfect, its a challenge for all phone designers, we cant break the laws of physics... yet. Bla blah blah.

I mean if you read what they actually said you would get this.

This is getting like the 3ds rumour thread where on every page someone brought up that dsi tracking demo.
what are you talking about? i'm responding to the people who still claim it's something that only affects 'defective' iPhones.

nowhere did i criticise Apple in that post (apart from some eye rolling at them comparing bars from different phones to another). so jump up someone elses butt.

3rdman

ghst said:

eat it, hater.
Wow...Apple is trying to diminish their fuck up by showing how other phones seem to behave the same? Could you imagine the backlash Toyota would have gotten if their response to the failing brakes was to put up a webpage showing how much other cars suck as well?

That is a really lame response and is about as much proof of their arrogance and hubris as I've ever seen.

3rdman said:
Wow...Apple is trying to diminish their fuck up by showing how other phones seem to behave the same? Could you imagine the backlash Toyota would have gotten if their response to the failing brakes was to put up a webpage showing how much other cars suck as well?

That is a really lame response and is about as much proof of their arrogance and hubris as I've ever seen.

You're not allowed to go down that path since iPhones won't kill you.

Sullichin

I think i'm going to head down to the apple store and try to snab one of the black bumpers they had yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to easily get any of the colored ones for free anyway.

AirBrian

Sullichin said:
I think i'm going to head down to the apple store and try to snab one of the black bumpers they had yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to easily get any of the colored ones for free anyway.
Yep, same here. I was at the store last night and they had plenty of stock. I wonder how many they'll have left. :lol

3rdman

Marty Chinn said:
You're not allowed to go down that path since iPhones won't kill you.
What if Nintendo decided that instead of just handing out wrist straps, they put up a webpage detailing the 360's red rings? Can I go down that path?

What if MS decided to put up a webpage showing how faulty the PS2 was or how the PS1 had to be placed upside down after several years and show how we should all accept the fact that hardware errors happen to all of them?

Sorry, it's a lame ass response from them and a bad idea...If the product you sell has a fault, admit to it, promise to fix it in future versions, come up with a solution for those that already own it, and promise to do better in the future...You don't announce how equally you suck next to your competitors.

curls

3rdman said:
Sorry, it's a lame ass response from them and a bad idea...If the product you sell has a fault, admit to it, promise to fix it in future versions, come up with a solution for those that already own it, and promise to do better in the future...You don't announce how equally you suck next to your competitors.

Umm they did...

Malleymal said:
That was a horrible conference... why didnt they just have a quick "hey if you are having problems with the iphone, get a free bumber that may fix your problem and if that doesnt work then you can take it back with out worry." instead of this "every phone does it, and stats and all"?

I just dont get it...

Because people all over media, and forums are acting like this is a problem that only affects the iPhone 4. That can and probably will affect future sales of the iPhone 4.

3rdman said:

This is stupid.

Brakes in every car don't just get stuck, but a large amount of phones have this antenna issue. Can you honestly not see the difference?

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
3rdman said:
What if Nintendo decided that instead of just handing out wrist straps, they put up a webpage detailing the 360's red rings? Can I go down that path?

Dude you are comparing apples and oranges. All cellphones have antennas.

3rdman said:

What if MS decided to put up a webpage showing how faulty the PS2 was or how the PS1 had to be placed upside down after several years and show how we should all accept the fact that hardware errors happen to all of them?

Different issue again. Now if it were them detailing XBOX controllers flying out of customers hands, it would be a similar issue.

Now the Sony hardware faults are a good point. But that is just the blind Sony loyalty that I think was common for a generation. The issues with the PS1 were few and far between, but so many people would buy replacement ps2s without a second thought while I worked at a game store. But the first hint of an issue with an XBOX they just screamed bloody murder.

3rdman said:

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think the principle you're saying is sound. I was more mocking people who have already used that counter about Toyota that the phone won't kill you without looking at the core principle behind it. A lot of people have denounced the Apple and Toyota comparison based on the fact that the phone won't kill you.

AirBrian

3rdman said:

So Xbox controllers were slipping out of people's hands too? I'm not defending Apple here, but your argument is not logical. Apple demonstrated attenuation on other cell phones; they didn't demonstrate different hardware failures specific to certain phones.

3rdman said:

This specific example pretty much nails it. It's nearly impossible to think of another consumer electronics company that could get away with what Apple did today.

Mudkips

Banned
curls said:
Umm they did...

They didn't admit to it.
They didn't promise to fix it in future revisions.

This is a design flaw.
This is not attenuation, it's detuning.
Apple will deny it til the end of time.

MassiveAttack said:
This specific example pretty much nails it. It's nearly impossible to think of another consumer electronics company that could get away with what Apple did today.
And in about two months this will all be a distant memory and we can start bitching about the new iPods.

PhoncipleBone said:
And in about two months this will all be a distant memory and we can start bitching about the new iPods.

Exactly. In two months there will be a hardware revision that will nearly eliminate the antenna problem anyway.

curls

PhoncipleBone said:

I hope not, I want the 4th iPod touch to be immense.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
Mudkips said:
They didn't admit to it.
They didn't promise to fix it in future revisions.

This is a design flaw.
This is not attenuation, it's detuning.
Apple will deny it til the end of time.

I am adamant.
I will type this way.
Apple is dumb.

I prevail.

Tobor

3rdman said:

Jesus, these arguments are getting silly.

3rdman said:

Didn't Toyota also try to down play their fuck up by saying people don't know how to drive? Apple has no more arrogance or hubris than any other company who fucked up. Companies will always spin their fuck ups.

Vyer

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
Didn't Toyota also try to down play their fuck up by saying people don't know how to drive? Apple has no more arrogance or hubris than any other company who fucked up. Companies will always spin their fuck ups.

No, GODAMMIT, IT'S ONLY APPLERAARGRGGHRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom