• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Adree

Just watched Botchamania and Micheal Cole reading the script for the Shane Mcmahon spot at Mania.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. FUCK THIS BUSINESS.

I like how on the russian satellite feed Raw he still has to argue with his producers on how to spew out the required paragraphs of bullshit. He's been there for 20 fucking years and still has to prostrate himself?

miserable

ggnaito1tkg4.gif

naito3dqjf5.gif

sanada18akaq.gif

Ithil

Learned my lesson, WrassleGAF

NI420jz.jpg

Never again shall I look directly into an eclipse.

Been told by my publisher to practice being more concise, so I will keep it brief.
WrestleMania blew. Takeover Dallas ruled. RAW has been ok. Naito winning the title is great. LU is killing it.

Also got engaged. But not at a wrestling event. That would be weird.

miserable

Botchamania 305 at the 4:35 mark

wait a minute, tables matches are not won when somebody goes through a table, only when someone is put through a table by the opponent? the how the fuck did Shaemus win his first WWE championship, when Cena basically jumped on the table?

FIRE SOMEBODY!

Zach

"Oh my! . . . Oh my! . . . Oh my! . . ." - Michael Cole, circa 1998-present

Dude's seriously the worst, and always has been.

http://i.imgur.com/NI420jz.jpg?1[IMG]

Been told by my publisher to practice being more concise, so I will keep it brief.
WrestleMania blew. Takeover Dallas ruled. RAW has been ok. Naito winning the title is great. LU is killing it.

[B]Also got engaged[/B]. But not at a wrestling event. That would be weird.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back Ithil
...and congrats Ithil!

This calls for a celebration
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mXjw3K0.png
tumblr_n6d85kBRXS1rofocqo1_400.gif

Kurita

wait a minute, tables matches are not won when somebody goes through a table, only when someone is put through a table by the opponent? the how the fuck did Shaemus win his first WWE championship, when Cena basically jumped on the table?

FIRE SOMEBODY!
Sheamus kinda pushed him so it counts

Ithil

They need to double down on Cesaro's new Bond deal. If he's gonna have the gun barrel, he needs a Bond-esque theme song, not that siren rubbish.
Take inspiration from one of the more up tempo themes (suggestion: You Know My Name) rather than the slow ballads, and you're good to go.

Congrats friend!
Cheers mate.

RBH

NI420jz.jpg

Also got engaged. But not at a wrestling event. That would be weird.

Congrats!

Carnby

Can someone make a gif of Roman's limit break at WM32? He was sitting in the corner, looking tired, then he looked at his fist, shook his head "no", and cocked his fist. It was an amazingly high level of corny that I had not seen before.

Ithil

I've been alternating between playing Stardew Valley and Dark Souls 1 in recent weeks. One of the games causes constant rage and frustration with painful losses of progress.
And the other is Dark Souls.
Congrats!
Much obliged.

Kurita

there was no push whatsoever. Cena jumped back on the table while Sheamus fell down on the outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjLyaog5Wm0
That's because the spot looks like shit, but they still consider Cena jumped because of Sheamus's "attack"
As long as there's been some sort of contact, no matter how light it was, it counts

I mean, Big Show lost a Tables Match because Del Rio kicked his leg, and said leg broke a table that was standing under him.

I figured out the Balor, Gallows/Anderson, Styles and Reigns story line.

Gallows and Anderson help reigns win at Payback
On RAW Reigns says a new era is coming. A new apocalypse on the WWE
Introduces Balor as the fourth member of the new stable dubbed

THEE GUYS

Right!? RIGHT!?

Hex

Banned
I figured out the Balor, Gallows/Anderson, Styles and Reigns story line.

Gallows and Anderson help reigns win at Payback
On RAW Reigns says a new era is coming. A new apocalypse on the WWE
Introduces Balor as the fourth member of the new stable dubbed

THEE GUYS

Right!? RIGHT!?

I expect more that G and A make you think that they are with Styles , end up beating down Reigns and then beat on AJ also.
With Finn turning out to be the real leader.
My problem with this is that it keeps Reigns as a "good" guy.
I would prefer that they help AJ at Payback and you think that they are together. (No title, DQ or something) and then on Raw they drop AJ and Finn comes out.
The problem is, this Monday crowd will be chanting Finn all night.
They did the title change too soon (unless he is in fact out tomorrow).

mhs004

Hey guys, sorry about all the questions over the last few days but I'm new to the wrestling scene so I have a bunch of questions.

I remember loving edge as a kid and I was just wondering if he's considered to be a good wrestler, not counting his terrible finisher.

Zach

Hey guys, sorry about all the questions over the last few days but I'm new to the wrestling scene so I have a bunch of questions.

I remember loving edge as a kid and I was just wondering if he's considered to be a good wrestler, not counting his terrible finisher.
Yes, he is. But I've not really seen it myself.

Edge is a great wrestler. Early in his career he had to prove that and it paid off very well.

It's the end of an era for Vince or Stone Cold. I'm going with my boy Taker on this.

Hex

Banned

He should have kept the Impaler instead of moving to the spear as a closer.
But yeah Edge was good stuff
I was a bigger fan of Captain Concussion but sadly there always has to be a Janetty.

He is great wrestler and had a lot of great matches over his time.

It depends on how you think wrestlers can be good. He had great in-ring charisma, great at selling with his face not just his body. He could bring a lot of energy to a match not just with high spots. He had a great look and top-tier theme music. Fantastic on the mic. "Failure turtles" is still one of my favorite promo moments.

Did he have technical chops on the level of Kurt Angle or Bret Hart or D. Brine? No, but he was great anyway.

Mahonay

Banned

Edge was one of the better wrestling personas of the past 15 years.

Welcome friend
Entrance%2B1.gif

RBH

I saw Edge's last match live at WM27.

At least live, I enjoyed the match a lot. Crowd was really into it. I remember being baffled as to why Del Rio lost, but once Edge announced his retirement, it made more sense.

Top Bottom