• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyoufu said:
Anyone else pumped for Monday Night Commercials?

The thing I'm interested in seeing is what they do with Cena and the Miz. HOPEFULLY Cena goes off to do his own thing and they give someone besides him and Orton a title shot at Extreme Rules. The problem is I can't think of anyone else they'd give that shot to against the Miz at the PPV. And I can't think of who they could throw Cena in a feud with either, for that matter.

I know people are going to throw tomatoes at me, but I hope they just do Cena/Orton face/face feud and get it over with before the Rock thing heats up again. It gives them both something to do and keeps them out of every title shot from here to next WM.

Plywood said:
Maybe they'll be able to squeeze in another Cole/King segment!

I can't wait for GET HIM SWAGGER!

The sad thing is that the Lawler/Cole feud is probably the longest running feud in WWE right now. The sooner they end it, the better. It'd be tolerable if Cole was a manager but he's a frickin commentator. It's mind-bottling

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Four_Chamber said:
I can't wait for GET HIM SWAGGER!

The sad thing is that the Lawler/Cole feud is probably the longest running feud in WWE right now. The sooner they end it, the better. It'd be tolerable if Cole was a manager but he's a frickin commentator. It's mind-bottling
It really should've ended at Wrestlemania, now it's likely to run on til' E Mania 28.
Striker said:
http://www.youtube.com/thecurthawkins

Curt Hawkins' tube channel. Joey Styles tweeted it earlier.
Heh, shooting on Khali. He's mad he lost the untelevised Royal Rumble.

Alvarez is reporting that there is major heat on Dean Malenko. He was the agent assigned the Cole vs. Lawler match at WM27 and he's being blamed for how bad it was. And rightfully so. I'm disappointed to hear he was the one who did that match.

RBH said:
So it's being reported that Larry Sweeney committed suicide this morning.

Oh damn, that's awful - I know he'd had a rough few years and suffered some sort of breakdown that led to his fallout with ROH, but he seemed to be getting his head back together towards the end of last year and I'd hoped to see an ROH return for Sweet & Sour Inc. at some point as Sweeney was easily one of my favourite managers of the last decade.

RIP Larry.

Polk

RBH said:
So it's being reported that Larry Sweeney was found dead this morning, possibly due to suicide.
Damn, Larry was the boss in ROH. I was hoping to see him again in the future.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Alvarez is reporting that there is major heat on Dean Malenko. He was the agent assigned the Cole vs. Lawler match at WM27 and he's being blamed for how bad it was. And rightfully so. I'm disappointed to hear he was the one who did that match.
There should be heat on Hayes for creating this piece f shit storyline. (Hayes did create it)

So Morrison's already being a passive-aggressive douche towards Trish on Twitter:

RT @TheRock: "if you don't have enemies, you don't have character" Paul Newman.

American Airlines is not smart RT @RealMelina: Our bags took over an hour to get to baggage claim.
-- In reference to Stratus' "I guess he's not smart" statement.

Raw in Bridgeport today- Lookout @HEELZiggler... I got a mean punch, a furious kick, and a cold shoulder!

What a shitbag.

JdFoX187

Banned
Storyline wasn't so bad if it culminated at 'Mania with Cole getting the shit beat out of him for 10 minutes before being stunned and left in a puddle of beer. But nope. From thereon, I blame Hayes for continuing this shit.

krae_man

worldrunover said:
The thing I'm interested in seeing is what they do with Cena and the Miz. HOPEFULLY Cena goes off to do his own thing and they give someone besides him and Orton a title shot at Extreme Rules. The problem is I can't think of anyone else they'd give that shot to against the Miz at the PPV. And I can't think of who they could throw Cena in a feud with either, for that matter.

I know people are going to throw tomatoes at me, but I hope they just do Cena/Orton face/face feud and get it over with before the Rock thing heats up again. It gives them both something to do and keeps them out of every title shot from here to next WM.

The Cena-Punk Feud never finished. It was scrapped when they decided at the last minute they wanted to do Miz-Cena at Mania.

Guzim

AnEternalEnigma said:
No wonder why Cole was using a lot of in ring psychology.

Striker

:lol

Morrison acts like he's 8 yrs. old. If and when Melina's fired, I am now not going to be surprised if he bolts ala Lashley.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
There should be heat on Hayes for creating this piece f shit storyline. (Hayes did create it)
I don't think creative take responsiblity for the dog shit they create, but take no problem in blaming the agents or writers below them.

Mr. Sam

krae_man said:
The Cena-Punk Feud never finished. It was scrapped when they decided at the last minute they wanted to do Miz-Cena at Mania.

Punk and Cena have much better chemistry. Then again, Punk also has better chemistry with Orton. Rock and a hard place.

DKehoe

Observer site is confirming Larry Sweeney died.
Horrible news, such a talented guy and died so young.
Larry Sweeney, generally considered the best manager in pro wrestling before being overcome by drug problems and depression, committed suicide either last night or this morning. He was 29.

Born Alex Whybrow, Sweeney's death is believed to have been from hanging himself.

Whybrow began training as a wrestler under Chris Hero, Mike Quackenbush and Jorge Rivera in 2003, as well as going to Oregon to train under Buddy Rose and Ed Wiskoski and began wrestling in 2004.

He worked for a number of independent promotions but was best known for his role as an agent for Chris Hero, and creation of the heel stable, Sweet and Sour Inc., which at different times included Claudio Castagnoli, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland, Matt Sydal, Daniel Puder, Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, Shane Hagadorn and Bobby Dempsey in Ring of Honor from 2007 to 2009. He was regularly compared to a young Bobby Heenan during that period, and in both 2007 and 2008 was voted Best Non-Wrestling Peformer in the entire industry in the Observer poll and placed highly both years for Best of Interviews.

But issues with drugs and depression ended his ROH sting in April, 2009, and he spiraled out of control from there, losing contact with many of his closest friends in recent months. He did some wrestling in 2010 using the name Vokoder under a mask with CHIKARA this past year.

He was constantly battling depression throughout his life and his issues seemed to worsen when he was no longer in the spotlight.

"We spent a few years together on the road and Alex was gifted beyond measure," wrote Chris Hero on twitter. "He could enthrall you with colorful stories from his personal life, or he could captivate thousands with his undeniable charisma. I loved him and my heart is with his family, friends and countless fans. First, he was my student and he transcended that almost immiedately. I will forever chrish our in depth conversations and time spent together."

AnEternalEnigma said:

Can't polish a turd. King only punches and kicks these days. Cole can't do anything. Malenko deserves a medal for even trying to do something instead of dividing by zero and ending it all.

DKehoe

Galvanise_ said:
Can't polish a turd. King only punches and kicks these days. Cole can't do anything. Malenko deserves a medal for even trying to do something instead of dividing by zero and ending it all.
The problem was that Cole got way too much offence on Lawler. It killed the crowd.
I don't think anyone was expecting a technical masterpiece from it but theres the right way to structure that match and that wasn't it.

DKehoe said:
The problem was that Cole got way too much offence on Lawler. It killed the crowd.
I don't think anyone was expecting a technical masterpiece from it but theres the right way to structure that match and that wasn't it.

Well during the match I thought he had too much offence. Given the ending and creative wanting to continue the feud, it makes sense that he got a lot of offence, tapped out and then had the RAW GM give him the win via a technicality. Makes us hate him even more, which is what Vinny wants.

Dork Knight said:
Who do you think Sin Cara will take out tonight?

JOMO is my guess.
Daniel Bryan will cut a promo in the middle of the ring, thanking Sin Cara for helping him against Sheamus, but also condemning him for costing him his US Title rematch. Sin Cara will then come to the rung, and unmask himself to reveal his true identity: KAVAL.

They will have a Tables match at Extreme Rules, and it will be glorious. Also, I have a date with Trish Stratus in 30 minutes, and she's going to feed me grapes.

Dork Knight said:
Who do you think Sin Cara will take out tonight?

JOMO is my guess.

They probably have other plans for Cara, but with the way he has been regarding the whole Trish thing I wouldn't be surprised if they had John job out to him for a while. At least the matches would be good since JoMo can work a fast paced match with him.

I just wonder if they are going to have Cara attacking people for a while or if we will see him in a full match tonight.

I'm gutted I'm losing my Ron Simmons avatar, life wont be the same without him.

I think I'll have to try and find a good pic of him avatar sized (otherwise people wont know who I am lol)

DKehoe

Jeff Albertson said:

I think I'll have to try and find a good pic of him avatar sized (otherwise people wont know who I am lol)
Wait, why are you losing it?

Jeff Albertson said:

damn!.jpg

Maybe take that and avatar size it?

DKehoe said:
Wait, why are you losing it?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=43

Guzim

Jeff Albertson said:

DBg0O.gif

Professor Beef said:
Daniel Bryan will cut a promo in the middle of the ring, thanking Sin Cara for helping him against Sheamus, but also condemning him for costing him his US Title rematch. Sin Cara will then come to the rung, and unmask himself to reveal his true identity: KAVAL.

They will have a Tables match at Extreme Rules, and it will be glorious. Also, I have a date with Trish Stratus in 30 minutes, and she's going to feed me grapes.

Nevermind If this happens, I will "Yes! Yes! Yes!" and miss a high five Mike Tenay-style.

RBH

PWTorch learned last week there are internal discussions at a high level in TNA about considering re-branding the company or taking a different approach to the product.

Even a change to the company's name is "at least being considered" during this round of discussions aimed at giving TNA's product a recognizable identity.

As ratings have trended downward long-term and short-term, notably the males 18-34 demographic for last Thursday's show hitting a one-year low, there have been talks about taking a new approach to the product to make it "clearly different" from WWE.

Any proposed changes are currently at the discussion stage, but some major changes could be coming sooner rather than later if the talks turn into action.

Another element of this story is the Spike TV aspect. Initial ratings for the new season of UFC's Ultimate Fighter have been below average despite Brock Lesnar starring as one of the coaches. TNA's decline in key demo ratings, along with UFC's disappointing ratings, could prompt Spike TV to make changes or push TNA to make changes. The downward trends are not going unnoticed.

VIP Alert: Details on this story were originally reported by Torch editor Wade Keller in Friday's VIP Keller Hotline. PWTorch.com for VIP details.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_49213.shtml

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Professor Beef said:

Lose Mistico and gain Low Ki?
Who would sign up for such a raw deal? We've already got a million guys who like to kick.

Mr. Sam said:
Morrison is close friends with Orton but this isn't exactly the nineties.

Kennedy used to be close friends with Cena. Doesn't mean anything

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
krae_man said:
Trish Stratus-Jackie Gayda

Jackie and bad shall never be used the same context. She ripped off her top to cause a distraction on Raw.

She's also going to be on this "Wrestler's Wives" show Booker is trying to get on a channel.

Jackson50

The Miz's reign is the longest since Triple H's reign in 2008. If they perpetuate his feud with Cena, I suspect he will lose the title soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jackson50 said:
The Miz's reign is the longest since Triple H's reign in 2008. If they perpetuate his feud with Cena, I suspect he will lose the title soon.
I think they just don't really have anywhere for the title to go.

Miz is the third wheel to Rock/Cena. Sheamus is in the US title scene. Orton is feuding with Punk. Who does that leave on Raw?

Jackson50 said:

He'll beat Cena and lose to HHH at Summerslam.

zoner said:

Miz is the third wheel to Rock/Cena. Sheamus is in the US title scene. Orton is feuding with Punk. Who does that leave on Raw?

The draft is close enough, so it could be anyone on the roster. But the WWE still lacks faces, most of their up and comers are heels.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
zoner said:

Evan Borne

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
zoner said:

Woo woo woo. You know it.

WotBD.png

Realistic answer: Ziggler, of course that would mean Miz would have to go face then. Yes I know he's feuding with Morrison who is on his way out anyway if he keeps this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom