• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBH said:
Hey now! :(

We were alot louder live than it came across on TV!

The pacing of the show was just horrid though, and by the time Miz/Cena came around, the crowd was just completely drained.
True story. Once the amazement of being at Mania subsided, and I'd say after Punk/Norton and Cole/Lawler I was ready for a break. I actually took a smoke break before the six person tag, which I was sure I wouldn't do.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
AnEternalEnigma said:
Sean "Val Venis" Morley rips John Morrison & Melina:

Anyone know what the hell "t-dot girl" means?

fucking. hilarious. good job val. i would love for morrison to stop being so bitchmade, but bitchmade or not, his career is going much better than vals did

dream

I have the dumbest question.

What was traffic like heading into and leaving WrestleMania? I can't wrap my head around the idea of 68000 people all trying to get in and out of the same place at one time.

RBH

dream said:
I have the dumbest question.

What was traffic like heading into and leaving WrestleMania? I can't wrap my head around the idea of 68000 people all trying to get in and out of the same place at one time.
Pretty horrible, but Atlanta traffic is always rough in general, so it wasn't too out of the ordinary. Plus, I've been to many Falcons games at the Dome in the past, so I had an idea of which roads to take/avoid on the way back home.

A good amount of people were also just walking back to their hotels in the downtown area (which I personally wouldn't advise doing in Atlanta late at night), so that helped a little bit.

Knox said:
Morrison defense force in full effect.
I've been saying its the splits!!! Lol....

If she could do the splits on me like that!! Goddam I don't think id be able to get rid of that......

unless of course it was Kelly Kelly, my waifu <3

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I enjoyed Val Venis going in on Morrison, he needs a damn wake up call.
cacophony said:
In the comments:
I know why his dad is a&#65279; big fan of John Morrison. Because JoMo also let him sleep with Melina. There, I solved the riddle.
dirty117 1 hour ago 32
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
Which one of you wrote this?

UberTag

Bootaaay said:
New NOAH show! Lot of good matches throughout - the main event is AMAZING - seriously, watch this match. Eddie Edwards is crazily over with the Japanese crowd and the atmosphere is very heated - both guys work their asses off, there's a ton of great spots and Eddie looks fantastic. It's crazy to see him main event a show at Korakuen Hall.

GHC JR. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

07. Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs Eddie Edwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKzdsRF_VE
I just watched this match to scout out Eddie Edwards in advance of his ROH Title defense against Chris Hero in Toronto next month (tossing around the idea of getting tickets with some co-workers). The spots in this match are positively INSANE. Absolutely phenomenal in-ring storytelling by both guys; can't get over how much punishment they each absorbed.

DXPett1

dream said:

ohhhhhh boy

Almost can forgive Morrisons douchebaggery for that...almost

I find it funny; all the Trips love lately. Though I totally agree he (and Steph) will save the WWE from diving head first down the hill, 2-3 years ago people were dreading the day Trips takes the reigns from Vince

bangai-o

Banned
well the Trish Stratus match and everything leading up to it were horrible. So, if Melina wants to talk shit about it than bravo to her.

Mr. Sam

DXPett1 said:
I find it funny; all the Trips love lately. Though I totally agree he (and Steph) will save the WWE from diving head first down the hill, 2-3 years ago people were dreading the day Trips takes the reigns from Vince

We didn't know! WE DIDN'T KNOOOWWW!

Striker

Zack's new episode is great. Please don't get released. :(

Oh, and fuck Vince. Evan Bourne as a permanent jobber? So he's the modern day Brooklyn Brawler to you? No wonder Kaval left.

UberTag

As underwhelming as RAW was this week, SmackDown is an absolute must watch. One of the all-time great sendoffs of a truly special in-ring performer. Del Rio was in excellent form the entire night and the battle royal was smartly booked.

Here's hoping the Christian/Del Rio ladder match at Extreme Rules delivers.

Striker

UberTag said:
Here's hoping the Christian/Del Rio ladder match at Extreme Rules delivers.
Don't overwhelm yourself. You know damn well Cole/Lawler and Cena/Miz/Truth is getting more time. Entertainment > wrestling

UberTag

Striker said:
Don't overwhelm yourself. You know damn well Cole/Lawler and Cena/Miz/Truth is getting more time. Entertainment > wrestling
Action Soap Opera > Entertainment > Wrestling
Mike Knox+Melina > Brotista+Melina > JoMo+Melina
Box > Bret Hart
All of the Douchebags in the World > Hulk Hogan

tralfazz

RBH[url said:
http://shoptna.com/rvd-dragon-ii.aspx[/url]

Uhh.......

F'n hilarious! By the same company that had the X-Mas cards with Bischoff wrong. How have they not made any Kirk Angel merch yet?

Penguin

In a segment breakdown, Eve Torres vs. Brie Bella for the WWE Divas Title lost 359,000 viewers from the opening segment. Sin Cara's TV debut match vs. Primo gained 323,000 viewers. The Corre vs. Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Evan Bourne and Santino Marella plus the beginning of Jerry Lawler vs. Jack Swagger lost 239,000 viewers. The rest of Lawler vs. Swagger gained 537,000 viewers, which is a bit higher than the usual for that timeslot.

Edge's retirement speech gained 41,000 viewers to a 3.67 rating, the highest quarter of the show, which is usually a losing slot.

The gauntlet main event with Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler and Ziggler vs. R-Truth lost 532,000 viewers while Truth vs. John Morrison lost 109,000 more viewers. John Cena vs. Truth in the last fall and the post-match angle gained 1,021,000 viewers, doing a 3.91 overrun rating.

RBH said:
http://shoptna.com/images/products/detail/rvddragonII.jpg/img]

[url]http://shoptna.com/rvd-dragon-ii.aspx[/url]

Uhh.......[/QUOTE]

That's not the image they have now...

[img]http://shoptna.com/images/products/display/rvd2.jpg

Although this one looks like it was taken very quickly using a digital camera instead of a proper promotional shot...

krae_man

Christopher said:
Did Eve turn heel? What was the point of the top diva in the WWE (with talent) losing the title to the Bellas?

Awesome Kong will use both Bella Twins as toothpics.

Galvanise_ said:
R-Truth is a ratings puller. But wow, what a fucking numbers gain.

They wern't there to see Cena or Truth, there were there to see whatever comes on after Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Melina and Mike Knox is the megaton of the week. What a surprise!

sajj316

FallingEdge said:
Much like Taker/HBK, Taker/HHH wasn't that good. Just because there was a lot of finishers does not mean that the match is better.

How dare you say anything negative about Taker/HBK!!
jk

Haha, that Melina pic reminds me of the one that was floating around before of her with one leg on the ring apron preparing for her entrance, while wearing nothing under her skirt (most likely a shoop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom