• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive barely watched wrestling over these past years but that Edge sendoff got me a little emotional. Also the 5 second pose this with Christian was great, reminded me of when I always used to watch it. Hall of Fame for sure.

Dead Man Typing said:
That's not the image they have now...

rvd2.jpg

Although this one looks like it was taken very quickly using a digital camera instead of a proper promotional shot...
It also looks like it was photoshopped.

Rob Dan Vam is TNA in a nutshell.

giancarlo123x said:
Ive barely watched wrestling over these past years but that Edge sendoff got me a little emotional. Also the 5 second pose this with Christian was great, reminded me of when I always used to watch it. Hall of Fame for sure.

For sure:

- Great Heel
- Great Babyface
- Was in some fantastic matches.
- Brilliant on the Mic.
- Brilliant tag team member.
- 7 time World Heavyweight Champion.
- 14 Tag Team Championships
- 5 time Intercontinental Championships
- 1 time United States Champion
- MITB Ladder match winner.
- King of The Ring Champion
- Royal Rumble Winner

Guys done it all. I don't know if there is another person in WWF/WWE history that has a list of accolades that long with the personality and quality feuds to boot.

He was able to work with every style of wrestler/wrestling and pull off great matches.

And on top of all that, he's a great guy to boot.

Absolute legend.

RBH said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RG5z0k068

I did not know until today that Sable showed up on WCW Monday Nitro.

She showed up a month after she announced she was filing a $110 million lawsuit against the WWF. They had to be really careful though because she was still under WWF contract when they pulled this stunt. She legitimately bought a ticket to the show (in Virginia I think it was), so there was no issue there. But they couldn't call her "Sable" or make any inference that she was anything more than an audience member.

They were going to bring her in once her contract expired. That didn't happen. By the time it expired, Bischoff was already removed from WCW and they began their cost-cutting.

MC Safety

So there's a new season of NXT...

Someone explain to me:

1) Why are Titus O'Neil (Sp?) and Lucky Cannon back?
2) Why is Hornswoggle a pro? (I guess if you can make Vickie Guerrerro a pro ...)

MC Safety said:
So there's a new season of NXT...

Someone explain to me:

1) Why are Titus O'Neil (Sp?) and Lucky Cannon back?
2) Why is Hornswoggle a pro? (I guess if you can make Vickie Guerrerro a pro ...)

NXT 5 is nothing but losers from the previous NXT's. The winner gets a spot on NXT 6.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spider from Mars said:
john-morrison-john-morrison-10124613-600-402.jpg

Probably him

Actually, what's funny is his behavior far and away suggests someone who HASN'T been there but wants to be, very badly.

I haven't been watching it, but I've heard that Regal / Todd on commentary has been fantastic and made the eps worth seeing. That + Saxton / Young being on there will make it worth my while to watch whenever I do so (probably will just marathon it when it finishes while I do other stuff, like I did for the previous ones).

Also, from PWinsider.com:
WWE has announced that WWE Superstars, which is moving to WWE.com due to losing its slot on WGN America, will air at 5 p.m. Thursdays on WWE.com. Like NXT, Superstars is still in production due to the fact that WWE has overseas contracts for the program.

:lol Who is going to watch that at 5 in the afternoon! This is like when iMPACT was on Fox Sports Net Friday's at 3pm.

Mafro

You guys seen this yet?

HWGih.png

What the fuck is going on with Bischoff's hands? It's like they've photoshopped it on purpose.

RBH

Mafro said:
You guys seen this yet?

HWGih.png

What the fuck is going on with Bischoff's hands? It's like they've photoshopped it on purpose.
I will buy this DVD on Day 1.

And I don't do that for many things.

MC Safety

AnEternalEnigma said:
NXT 5 is nothing but losers from the previous NXT's. The winner gets a spot on NXT 6.

I thought you were joking about the second part.

So the winner gets to compete on NTX a third time ... intriguing AND stupid.

RBH

This piped in crowd noise during Impact is absolutely fucking annoying.

Not even Smackdown is this bad with the piped in crowd noise.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
There being only 5 posts about Impact is fucking hilarious.

Even if Impact isn't terribad, it's so MEH from week to week that it's like...why bother? The wrestling isn't there anymore, Immortal vs. Fortune eats up like 60% of the show, the Knockouts take up 20%, and the rest is craptacular.

RBH

RBH said:
This week's episode of Smackdown has already been uploaded on Youtube for those who want to watch it now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtGz-DTkDXg
I wanted to add that this is actually the "unedited" version of this week's Smackdown. This was leaked on Youtube on Wednesday, and there are a few signs here and there that this is the "raw" version of the show, including faintly hearing the voice of the producer during certain segments and the lack of any canned crowd noise. Also certain segments like video recaps are not implemented either.

At the end of this Edge/Del Rio backstage segment, you can actually hear the producer tell Del Rio, "Wink!" at the end of the segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFirU-baE1A#t=6m55s

I wonder if
they'll cut anything from Edge's speech at the end of the television broadcast or if they'll keep it intact since he does mention "the writers" and name drops Brian Gewirtz and Michael Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom