• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, just got done watching the smackdown upload, great episode of SD. Edge's speech was great. Speech spoiler
when he thanked vickie, that part was so awesome, was just something about it made it cool
Gonna miss that guy!

And Kelly Kelly is still my waifu!!!! <3 <3

EraldoCoil said:
And Kelly Kelly is still my waifu!!!! <3 <3
6WbF3.jpg

delume

EraldoCoil said:
Damn, just got done watching the smackdown upload, great episode of SD. Edge's speech was great. Speech spoiler
when he thanked vickie, that part was so awesome, was just something about it made it cool
Gonna miss that guy!
Agreed. Hadn't watched wrasslin' since the Stone Cold and Rock days. That was a touching speech. On a side note, is TNA worth a look at?

delume said:
On a side note, is TNA worth a look at?

Today's TNA? God no. The last time TNA was remotely good was before Hogan & Bischoff came in January 2010 - their best run was probably around 05/06 and some of the weekly PPV's from the early days hold up really well.

If you're looking for alternatives to WWE, TNA ain't it. Try these instead;

Ring of Honor - http://www.rohwrestling.com
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
Dragon Gate USA - http://dgusa.tv
CHIKARA Pro - http://www.chikarapro.com
EVOLVE Wrestling - http://evolvewrestling.com

Lot of great stuff from Japan as well, New Japan, Pro Wrestling NOAH, All Japan, ZERO1, DDT, etc - which you can see a bunch of via my youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/h781n

delume

Kyoufu said:
Ouch. Just read the current roster: Kurt Angle, Mike Foley, The Hardy Boyz, Hogan, Steiner, Sting - it is like looking through a time portal. How can that not work on some level?
Bootaaay said:
Ring of Honor - http://www.rohwrestling.com
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
Dragon Gate USA - http://dgusa.tv
CHIKARA Pro - http://www.chikarapro.com
EVOLVE Wrestling - http://evolvewrestling.com

Lot of great stuff from Japan as well, New Japan, Pro Wrestling NOAH, All Japan, ZERO1, DDT, etc - which you can see a bunch of via my youtube channel;

http://www.youtube.com/h781n
Thanks. Just what I was about to ask. Very helpful.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
delume said:
Ouch. Just read the current roster: Kurt Angle, Mike Foley, The Hardy Boyz, Hogan, Steiner, Sting - it is like looking through a time portal. How can that not work on some level?

Even a movie with the best actors can be awful if the writing is incompetent.

Same goes for wrestling.

Judderman said:
Man, I wish Chikara would have iPPVs. I would love to see King of Trios.

Same here - I emailed them about the possibility of doing iPPV in the future, but I don't think they have any real plans to do so, which is a shame. CHIKARA are one of the better companies when it comes to DVD turnaround though, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for KoT.

Kyoufu

Seraphis Cain said:
Even a movie with the best actors can be awful if the writing is incompetent.

Same goes for wrestling.

Yep. Also TNA's 200 odd crowd makes it all a bore to watch. There is no atmosphere at all.

Kyoufu

Despite the lack of love I have for TNA, I think their women's division is better than WWE's (although that really really isn't saying much lol).

daycru

Kyoufu said:
Yep. Also TNA's 200 odd crowd makes it all a bore to watch. There is no atmosphere at all.
The Impact Zone is about as big as my apartment. TNA production crew takes a lot of flack but I think it's pretty remarkable they get that thing looking even sort of like a small arena.

Impact has been dire lately, really regret splurging for great Lockdown tickets.

Striker

Kyoufu said:
Despite the lack of love I have for TNA, I think their women's division is better than WWE's (although that really really isn't saying much lol).
WWE's can be better if they didn't cram shit like Laycool, Bellas, and Eve down our throats.

Hopfully they use Kong, Beth, and Natalya more often later. Melina and Gail have had a good feud on Superstars, wrestling mind you; but we never see it unless you watch Superstars, because they rather push the same weekly garbage on RAW.

Kyoufu said:

At one point TNA had a fantastic women's division with the likes of Daffney, Awesome Kong, Roxxi (Nikki Roxx), Alissa Flash (Cheerleader Melissa) & Gail Kim - then the stuff with Bubba the Lovesponge happened and they lost Kong & Alissa, as well as losing Roxxi & Daffney to injury (if anyone remember at the time Dixie was soooo concerned about the well-being of her knockouts and went on at length about how TNA cared so much for their workers, only for both Roxxi & Daff to find their positions marginalised or eliminated altogether once they were off the shelf. What a joke).

sajj316

Bootaaay said:
Same here - I emailed them about the possibility of doing iPPV in the future, but I don't think they have any real plans to do so, which is a shame. CHIKARA are one of the better companies when it comes to DVD turnaround though, so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for KoT.

Spent some time on the morning commute watching CHIKARA matches. I must say, that's some quality wrestling ... especially the tag team division.

Kyoufu

Striker said:
WWE's can be better if they didn't cram shit like Laycool, Bellas, and Eve down our throats.

Hopfully they use Kong, Beth, and Natalya more often later. Melina and Gail have had a good feud on Superstars, wrestling mind you; but we never see it unless you watch Superstars, because they rather push the same weekly garbage on RAW.

Well I don't get why Natalya was pushed to champion status then lost her title to scrub torres......then nothing......nowhere to be seen, nowhere to be found, lost in the locker room. :(

Not sure why Eve was made champion.

Man, the people responsible for running this shit are clowns.

Bootaaay said:
At one point TNA had a fantastic women's division with the likes of Daffney, Awesome Kong, Roxxi (Nikki Roxx), Alissa Flash (Cheerleader Melissa) & Gail Kim - then the stuff with Bubba the Lovesponge happened and they lost Kong & Alissa, as well as losing Roxxi & Daffney to injury (if anyone remember at the time Dixie was soooo concerned about the well-being of her knockouts and went on at length about how TNA cared so much for their workers, only for both Roxxi & Daff to find their positions marginalised or eliminated altogether once they were off the shelf. What a joke).

It made me so sad when TNA recently brought back ODB just to job her out to Madison, one of the worst female wrestlers they have and also their champion. The difference between TNA of then and now can be defined by how they've treated the knockouts and their tag teams. It's like they can't wait to be micro-WWE and have to copy exactly what Vince does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSx8U1295fY - better times.

RBH

Madison Rayne may not be a great wrestler, but she does a fantastic job with her character imo, and her character/mic skills during her reign as champion has done more for that belt than her wrestling ability could.

RBH

wrestlemania-revenge-.jpg

WWE begins a 22-show, two-week tour of Europe on Wednesday starting with the Raw brand in Glasgow, Scotland. The Smackdown brand concludes the tour on Sunday, April 24 in Lyon, France.

The top matches advertised for the Raw portion of the tour include WrestleMania re-matches - WWE champion The Miz vs. John Cena and Randy Orton vs. C.M. Punk.

Top stars advertised from the Raw brand include U.S. champion Sheamus, John Morrison, Daniel Bryan, New Nexus, Ted DiBiase, Eve, Sin Cara, and Melina.

RAW
Wednesday 13th: Glasgow, Scotland - Braehead Arena
Thursday 14th: Belfast, Northern Ireland - Odyssey Arena
Friday 15th: Dublin, Republic of Ireland - O2 Arena
Saturday 16th: Birmingham, England - LG Arena
Sunday 17th: Nottingham, England - Capital FM Arena
Monday 18th: London, England - O2 Arena [RAW TAPING]
Tuesday 19th: Cardiff, Wales - Cardiff International Arena
Wednesday 20th: Salzburg, Austria - Salzburg Arena
Thursday 21st: Bucharest, Romania - Sala Polivalenta
Friday 22nd: Ankara, Turkey - Ankara Arena
Saturday 23rd: Doha, Qatar - Qatar Sports Club Stadium

SMACKDOWN
Thursday 14th: Munich, Germany - Olympiahalle
Friday 15th: Dortmund, Germany - Westfalenhalle 1
Saturday 16th: Kiel, Germany - Sparkassen-Arena
Sunday 17th: Newcastle, England - Metro Radio Arena
Monday 18th: Liverpool, England - Echo Arena
Tuesday 19th: London, England - O2 Arena [SMACKDOWN TAPING]
Wednesday 20th: Brussels, Belgium - Forest National
Thursday 21st: Strasbourg, France - Zenith de Strasbourg
Friday 22nd: Lievin, France - Stade Couvert Regional
Saturday 23rd: Lyon, France - Halle Tony Garnier
Sunday 24th: Lyon, France - Halle Tony Garnier

RBH

0412manchildtmzexp3wm.jpg

Wrestling legend Mick Foley -- aka Mankind -- is taking his trusty lawnmower across the country, mowing lawns left and right -- and it's all for one hell of a cause.

Mick -- who serves as a board member for the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network -- is on a brand new fundraising campaign ... and has offered to mow the lawn of ANYONE who donates $5,000 to the organization.

In fact, just yesterday -- the TNA Wrestling star was slicing away in a yard near Baltimore.

If you don't have a lawn -- Mick still wants to encourage people to donate ... and says he will match every donation, dollar for dollar, up to $10,000 throughout the month of April.

"TNA has announced that the Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett match at Lockdown will have "Ultra Male" rules. It will be a cage match with the first fall decided by pinfall, the second fall via submission, and the third fall will be decided by one wrestler escaping the cage."

I think this ppv last year was wear Angle/Anderson inside the cage stole the show and was a 5 star match. I'm sure Angle will deliver again if Jarrett can hold up his end.

There's currently an awesome sale on the ROH store - every in-stock ROH show from 2002-2009 (plus a few select 2010 DVD's) are now on-sale for just $10 each, plus you can take 20% off your order by using the coupon code 'spring' when you check out.

http://www.rohstore.com

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Zigglers twitter:

show in dublin tonight, then off to birmingham england.....yep, hot chicks and great food everywhere ;) #oppositeday
6 minutes ago via web

Also it seems more Superstars are supporting Zack Ryder and plugging his show.

Plywood said:
Zigglers twitter:

Also it seems more Superstars are supporting Zack Ryder and plugging his show.

They really should. I went from not caring AT ALL about Zack Ryder, to thinking he's mad entertaining and well-deserved for a push. And that's all because he started making some really funny Internet videos on his own time.

It goes to show that if you give guys a creative outlet and/or play to their strengths, you can turn a dud into a stud! Woo woo! U know it.

RBH said:
Wrestling legend Mick Foley -- aka Mankind -- is taking his trusty lawnmower across the country, mowing lawns left and right -- and it's all for one hell of a cause.

Mick -- who serves as a board member for the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network -- is on a brand new fundraising campaign ... and has offered to mow the lawn of ANYONE who donates $5,000 to the organization.

In fact, just yesterday -- the TNA Wrestling star was slicing away in a yard near Baltimore.

If you don't have a lawn -- Mick still wants to encourage people to donate ... and says he will match every donation, dollar for dollar, up to $10,000 throughout the month of April.

Mike makes it R.A.I.N.N.

Wow the Lockdown lineup looks pretty bad. They do have an X division Xscape match whatever that means, but there is no list of wrestlers actually in the match. Only other match that might be good is Angle vs Jarrett.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I went to Lockdown 09 which featured Sting vs Foley for the title. 2 years later once again Sting is in the main event of Lockdown. Somethings wrong here.

TNA put up all the lockdown intros going into this ppv and I checked 05 and 06 and Jarrett, Abyss, and Sting were in those as well lol

Striker

WWE has a survey online asking people which of the four names they like best for a PPV:

WWE Champions
WWE Uprising
WWE Revolution
WWE Vengeance
Vengeance, and it isn't a contest.

Bring back No Way Out, No Mercy, Unforgiven, and Backlash while you're at it.

TLC, Money in the Bank, F4tatl Fourway, and Hell in a Cell are awfully uncreative names. gg Vince

- - -

WWE.com has a story on Edge's career.

Gotta love his name from his teen days: Sexton Hardcastle

Zhengi

So I just saw Smackdown and I thought it was a great show.
I had tears for when Edge came out and at the end. The battle royale was great. It told many stories like how the Corre is breaking up with Gabriel sneakily tossing Wade over the ropes and how Cole protected Swagger from Rey's 619 to the way Del Rio try to pull Christian onto the floor. That was a great match. But I am definitely going to miss Edge. Good luck with everything, Edge.

NoDQ.com said:
Chris Jericho posted a video asking the WWE Universe to vote for him on Dancing with the Stars because the longer he is on the show, the better it is for the WWE. He also noted that he will back in WWE after the show is over.

Speaking of Jericho, Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde appeared on American Idol this week and said it was due to getting a phone call request from Jericho.

Aw sheeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom