• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Kyoufu said:
Yeah you're right.

Are they going to build Cody as a major heel on Smackdown? He doesn't have Rey to feud with any more and they have virtually no heels left.

Also what about the tag titles? Kane going back to heel? I'm so confused :(
Tag champs can be on both shows anyhow so the draft no longer impacts them. Just means Show & Kane won't be tagging with each other (or feuding, thankfully) after their title rematch clause when they inevitably drop the belts (possibly to Zeke & Henry).

xTOOLx said:
if they could do this, then why didn't Raw draft Cena back with their first pick?

Makes no fucking sense...
Draft picks are "randomly" done. So it makes perfect sense in wacky WWE logic.

JavyOO7

Thinking about it, ADR could still win the belt even though I ultimately think Christian wins that match and the belt. If ADR wins I'm fairly sure Miz wins and therefore ADR goes back to Smackdown, lawl.

UberTag

JavyOO7 said:
Thinking about it, ADR could still win the belt even though I ultimately think Christian wins that match and the belt. If ADR wins I'm fairly sure Miz wins and therefore ADR goes back to Smackdown, lawl.
Doesn't work that way. If ADR wins the World Heavyweight title, the title stays with him on RAW. He doesn't get bounced back to SmackDown as per title redirect.

They've had isolated instances where both world titles were on a single show (once after a draft, in fact) but they haven't lasted long and it was in an era where the WWE was hotshotting world titles a lot more than they've been recently.

As it stands right now, Del Rio goes to RAW without a single title reign on his resume unless JoMo gets supplemental drafted tomorrow OR they keep a brand without a major heavyweight title.

JavyOO7 said:

Its gonna be Christian and Cena winning..Did they announce any other title matches?

DMczaf

USF1K.png

Just finished it.....all I have to say is LooooooooL

I seriously laughed so hard at the end when Cena was drafted back.

good RAW though, with the exception of the cole segment.

Hope my waifu Kelly Kelly goes to RAW!!!

<3

RobbieNick

What...fucking...bullshit.

Smackdown gets fucked in the ass again. God forbid Vince thinks about getting the show some much needed rating by having John Cena on there. Instead he get "randomly" drafted back. What horseshit.

Listening to a Post-RAW audio show from PWinsider and they just said that Punk's contract is coming up soon and he hasn't signed a new deal yet.

JavyOO7

I think internally WWE sees Smackdown as the lesser show. Well wait, I'm pretty sure that's common knowledge...

Really though, for some reason they think that way. Though usually what happens every year that even though they gut the Smackdown roster is that whatever Smackdown is left with turns out to be pretty decent anyway. At least that's how I see it... a bit more wrestling in the show, less talking and some of the story actually hooks you in.

Really, it would benefit WWE if they took great care of their Friday show. But supposedly since their show is on a Friday they think its a lost cause due to the time slot its in. But that just intensifies the problem they already have, really.

Striker

AdawgDaFAB said:
Listening to a Post-RAW audio show from PWinsider and they just said that Punk's contract is coming up soon and he hasn't signed a new deal yet.
>_<

I hope Dolph Ziggler is able to go back to Smackdown. With Punk, ADR, and Miz on RAW, he'll get shafted over and over. Plus Sheamus is still on the show, and we all know how poorly they use the midcard. Much less try to push him to the main event like he deserves. At least on Smackdown he can help be a key person in the scene.

Barrage

There's a reason RAW is the flagship show, it's not just random bias. It's been running longer and is on a much more successful channel. It makes perfect business sense.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Barrage said:
There's a reason RAW is the flagship show, it's not just random bias. It's been running longer and is on a much more successful channel. It makes perfect business sense.
It wasn't always this way, though. It's only in the last few years they've gutted SD every single year, only to use the same old people on Raw year-in, year-out.

Why would anyone want to be drafted to Raw when they will never even get a chance to wrestle for more than 2 minutes every four weeks?

When the brand split first started, it was an actual split with talent divided equally and both shows were all the better for it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
AdawgDaFAB said:
punk doesnt seem unhappy, does he? Is there a chance he wont resign?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Professor Beef said:
Ricardo, Cena and Big Show doing the boom clap crack me the fuck up. :lol
If you look at McIntyre he seems to be having the most fun he's had since being a part of WWE.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Professor Beef said:
Holy shit, I didn't even see him!
Also not sure if it was mentioned earlier but Zack Ryder was on TV! He was part of the reactions of the Raw roster when Orton got drafted to Smackdown.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mush said:
Who is the guy in the far left towards the back doing windmills? :lol
I think it's Trent Baretta, judging from his pants you can see for a split second. Yes I've been hyper-analyzing the gif.
NameGenerated said:
Looks like black Cena.
Darren Young isn't on either brand.

Mush

Plywood said:
Also Scott Stanford interviewed Miz, there's hope for both of them yet. Stanford to be Ryders manager, believe.
That would be so awesome. I love Standford's commentary.

Maybe the fact that Ryder was in the front row for the Raw brand area is sign of great things to come?!

jmdajr

Kudos for the BOOM BOOM gif!

It looks like ADR is about to crack up... is that Tyler reeks?

Plywood said:
Also not sure if it was mentioned earlier but Zack Ryder was on TV! He was part of the reactions of the Raw roster when Orton got drafted to Smackdown.

lets get a gif of this too!

BigBlackGamer said:

Oh man, I woke up this morning to see this

Cracking up man, Ricardo is going nuts and whoever is behind Hornswoggle lol.
Say what you want bout Cena, but that bastard has fun with his job. You think Orton would ever do that?

The draft restarts in a couple of hours, I'm interested in where the smaller names go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom