• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Smackdown had its tag team champs broken up, had its top heel taken away, lost (yay) Super Rey, gained Sexual Joblate (!?) while:

Raw lost Stone Cold Angle Boreton and the undefeated botchman.

I take it Orton will be put back into being a major heel on Smackdown then. The top of the card on Smackdown is very weak. They've lost their best face and heel within a couple of weeks now.

Before the Cena troll at the end, I was very very excited about RAW. It would have been an excellent shake-up.

This is the year where the major elevations have to take place:

Barrett, JoMo, Punk, Truth, Cody etc all need to be booked well and booked cleverly. The writers need to sit down and actually write a few progressive feuds for those guys that can go the distance.

tralfazz

AdawgDaFAB said:
Listening to a Post-RAW audio show from PWinsider and they just said that Punk's contract is coming up soon and he hasn't signed a new deal yet.

Like how soon?

If Punk leaves, this product just went from Mission Impossible to Mission In-fricking-sanity...

sajj316

dream said:
It's random.

They should drop the random crap and do it like any draft would be ... selection by management. In the WWE case, the GM(s) .. Teddy Long and ARGM (Anonymous Raw GM). Make it interesting by dealing in between the selections.

krae_man

BigBlackGamer said:
21jn66a.jpg

Del Rio just sits down and does nothing.

sajj316 said:
They should drop the random crap and do it like any draft would be ... selection by management. In the WWE case, the GM(s) .. Teddy Long and ARGM (Anonymous Raw GM). Make it interesting by dealing in between the selections.

Didn't that happen a few years back? When Steph was a GM. They often traded between brands. That sort of system worked its way into the video games too.

sajj316

Galvanise_ said:
Didn't that happen a few years back? When Steph was a GM. They often traded between brands. That sort of system worked its way into the video games too.

They could also work Smackdown v. Raw matches leading up to Draft night instead of doing it the night of. I like the Battle Royal for the first pick .. makes sense. Isn't this what makes a draft interesting?

krae_man

Kyoufu said:
Wait what? Was this on RAW?

Didn't know that. Thought he was stuck with the WWE spinner title the same way he has been stuck with RAW ever since he was drafted there.

CM Punk cashed in MITB on Edge bringing the World title to Raw after HHH got drafted to Smackdown to spend more time with Steph. HHH got drafted to Raw the following year bringing the WWE title with him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Parallax said:
punk doesnt seem unhappy, does he? Is there a chance he wont resign?

Man, he IS burned out. I wouldn't blame him. His own mental health (and physical) are important - some people can go and go and go (personalities like Cena, and Miz for instance) but for some of us, the train's gotta stop.

DMczaf

I would be burned out as well if I kept getting sandbagged by jobbers in these shitty stables. The idea of SES was great, but it never got legitimized due to the jobber recruits.

Linkified

Galvanise_ said:
So Smackdown had its tag team champs broken up, had its top heel taken away, lost (yay) Super Rey, gained Sexual Joblate (!?) while:

NO, tag team champions can travel between brands and thus have not been broken up.

I think Punk being wishy-washy about extending this contract is a good thing. Mostly because it's hammering home how inept the WWE is at keeping people who can really make difference. I respect Punk for not bending over for the WWE. Good for him! :)

UberTag

Last night's draft accomplished the following three tasks:
1) Separated Cena & Orton, moving one of them to SmackDown to be top babyface for the brand.
2) Switched Rey & Sin Cara, ensuring Sin Cara's many botches can be edited out until the guy learns to wrestle "the WWE style".
3) Moved ADR to whatever brand Cena is on so he can get buried by the almighty one for the next 4 months (through Summerslam, at least).

Now it's supplemental draft time to balance the rosters.

DANIEL BRYAN IS NOW ON SMACKDOWN YAY!

f3niks

Dork Knight said:
I think Punk being wishy-washy about extending this contract is a good thing. Mostly because it's hammering home how inept the WWE is at keeping people who can really make difference. I respect Punk for not bending over for the WWE. Good for him! :)

I totally do and I love it. I was just playing devil's advocate and wondering where he would end up if it did expire. TNA pre Hogan/Bischoff/Russo would have used him effectively. I Joe v. Punk match would have really helped that company. If he goes to TNA now, who knows how he would be used. I would at least make more of an attempt to watch Impact. If he goes back to ROH (highly unlikely) he would instantly give that company more cred, although some of his out of the ring storytelling would be wasted.

UberTag

I suppose this means he won't be future endeavored as he'll have the opportunity to wrestle matches now. I wouldn't mind seeing an IC Title program between him and Barrett personally.

Other RAW to Smackdown moves I'd like to see today:

1) Zack Ryder (if it means he'll get TV time... or at least pair him back up with pals Barreta and Hawkins)
2) Ted DiBiase
3) Eve
4) Melina

Smackdown to RAW moves I'd like to see today:

1) Michelle McTaker (expected)
2) Beth Phoenix (Kharma Kong feud)
3) Corre dissolution of some kind... preferably Justin Gabriel to RAW

Lastly, JoMo & R-Truth to the blue brand to add doubt into this weekend's PPV title picture could also happen. But if so, leave Melina on RAW. Need to keep her and JoMo separated.

UberTag

JACK SWAGGER to RAW

Makes sense given his Cole elevation. Would have been on my expected move list in a couple minutes and was one I called last Friday.

cacophony

MAJOR NAME SAID TO BE EYEING WWE EXIT, COMPLETE DETAILS
By Mike Johnson on 2011-04-26 10:23:42
As we initially reported last night in the PWInsider.com Elite section, former WWE World champion CM Punk has not signed a new WWE deal and there's been a lot of talk that Punk is looking to exit the company when his deal expires in a few months.

Internally, that possibility has been discussed for some time but during the European tour, discussion of Punk's exit came more and more to the forefront.

According to WWE sources, Punk has been offered a new long-term deal but has balked at signing, citing burnout with being on the road for years and unhappiness with his position in the company over the last year.

As one source pointed out, Punk has been something of an "Iron Man" for the company, working full-time on the road with the exception of his hip injury needing to be rehabbed last year. At the same time, despite delivering with whatever was handed to him creatively, Punk has watched as other talents developed since he debuted ended up pushed as bigger names and treated as more important than Punk, including Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

"When you look at how the company brands it's characters, Punk is never among the top 5-8 names that are promoted or pushed," said the WWE office source. "It's Cena, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, Rey, now Alberto, etc. these days and Punk is sort of floating right under there. He didn't fit into the youth drive a few months back but he's not treated like a top veteran either. He's just there, doing his job and while everyone knows he delivers, he's never really treated like someone who does. He's never dropped the ball but we don't give it to him really, either. He's treated like a guy, but not THE guy. For a driven guy like him who's made wrestling his entire world, it's got to drive him crazy. Now, the excuse will be don't push Punk because he might be leaving, but the reality is the environment and situation is what is probably making him want to leave to begin with. Either it gets fixed or it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, just like it did when Batista walked out."

As is the norm with such situations, a new deal could be struck at any point, but as more and more sources discuss Punk leaving the company as a distinct possibility, time will tell. We'll have more when we get it.

no.

UberTag

I'd be all for CM Punk leaving, going back to Ring of Honor and acting as the full-time patriarch of WRESTLING for that brand in North America.
Would actually grow the company. He can take Daniel Bryan with him.

Ring of Honor is the biggest wrestling company in North America today.
WWE is about Vince's insecurities.
TNA is just a waste of everyone's time.

UberTag

Four_Chamber said:
Khali and Ranjin Singh to Smackdown LOL
This pick is probably more about moving Ranjin than Khali. May have a background role for him in creative/road agent stuff for SD with Finlay gone.

UberTag said:
I'd be all for CM Punk leaving, going back to Ring of Honor and acting as the full-time patriarch of WRESTLING for that brand in North America.
Would actually grow the company. He can take Daniel Bryan with him.

As much as I'd love to see guys like Punk be able to earn a better living and find success in the WWE, I'd also love for this to happen and would mark out to see the Second City Saints reform in ROH - Ring of Honor is at the point now where it needs to grow or it's going to stagnate. They need a TV deal again and if in the future they do get back on TV then CM Punk would be the perfect star to champion Ring of Honor's brand of professional wrestling over the sports entertainment crap on TV at the moment.

JavyOO7

ROH would be a solid #2 if...

- Dixie Carter decided not to give TNA any of Panda Energy's money
- Which would then have TNA be in oh crap mode and probably lose their Spike TV slot
- Then Dixie would give that money to ROH and ROH would have the Spike TV slot

From the little I've seen of ROH throughout the years it no question that they are really decent. But they REALLY need a channel first.

UberTag

Bootaaay said:
As much as I'd love to see guys like Punk be able to earn a better living and find success in the WWE, I'd also love for this to happen and would mark out to see the Second City Saints reform in ROH - Ring of Honor is at the point now where it needs to grow or it's going to stagnate. They need a TV deal again and if in the future they do get back on TV then CM Punk would be the perfect star to champion Ring of Honor's brand of professional wrestling over the sports entertainment crap on TV at the moment.
I can think of no better person for the job.
1) CM Punk to ROH
2) ROH gets TV deal
3) Best technical wrestlers from WWE and TNA get lured
4) Actual competition for Vince in the one industry he's ashamed of

Wrestling revival in North America! This would be the best thing to happen in years!

jmdajr

UberTag said:
I can think of no better person for the job.
1) CM Punk to ROH
2) ROH gets TV deal
3) Best technical wrestlers from WWE and TNA get lured
4) Actual competition for Vince in the one industry he's ashamed of

Wrestling revival in North America! This would be the best thing to happen in years!

Positive thinking is needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom