• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars - Kickstarter live, 5 days left

There is no way we're gonna practically double the funding amount in less than two days to get all the extra playable characters, and that bums me out.

ArjanN

There is no way we're gonna practically double the funding amount in less than two days to get all the extra playable characters, and that bums me out.

According to google a kidney is worth about $262,000 on the black market, just saying...

They did mention they're still looking into get additional funding, so let's just jope for the best.

At $240,196 now with about 44 hours left.

I imagine no console ports is hurting it. Thats the reason my friends and I are arent pitching in anyway.

Sort of I guess, there's a bigger fighting game audience on console, but I think the PC crowd is generally more open to kickstart stuff. It probably wasn't technically possible tp have console versions as part of the pitch, or they would have.

ArjanN

DGD_pA9VoAUJ5hn.jpg

Aaand they reached the shark girl with about a full day to spare.

shaowebb

Woo! We got Sharkgirl! That means 2 new characters and 2 new Arcana await in this game with Minori/Ichor and Sharkgirl/Paracelsia being added.

This is such good news. Dont know if its possible to raise $115k in 16 hours to get Dark Heart though. Super happy we got this far though.

shaowebb

Final 10 hours.

Just under $300k now. Lookit it grow! Makes me wish they had split up Dark Heart's Arcana as a seperate tier or something. As is, its gonna be pretty impressive. Hope this means Daemon Bride gets one of these next!

shaowebb

$308808 with 2 hours left. This has been fantastic. Original goal was $100000 and it has more than been tripled by this kickstarter. Thank you so much everyone who also contributed. I've been a big fan of how this game plays since I got curious several years back, watched AnimEVO as Greats played Dorothy, and decided to give the game a session in training mode and start looking up stuff on Arcanas.

The game series blew my mind. So much you could do in it. The movement was insane with the homing dashes, homing dash cancels, the crossup stuff from super jumping over top of someone then homing dashing straight down and steering the dash left and right rapidly...and the arcana. The ability to select an entire character's worth of special moves, super moves, ultras, passive abilities was just nuts. Plus each had its own unique "Xfactor like" comeback mechanic called Extend Force. When I found out Six Stars existed as an arcade only update I was bummed because as a westerner I'd never get to play the new character/arcana and balance patch.

Now look at us. One kickstarter, and this holiday season Six Stars will come out with continuing content coming that goes beyond even what the arcade edition had in terms of characters, arcana, and balance changes.

Thanks everyone. This kickstarter has meant a lot to me as a fan of this game's amazing gameplay. So glad to see it supported here in the west.

ArjanN

$308808 with 2 hours left. This has been fantastic. Original goal was $100000 and it has more than been tripled by this kickstarter. Thank you so much everyone who also contributed. I've been a big fan of how this game plays since I got curious several years back, watched AnimEVO as Greats played Dorothy, and decided to give the game a session in training mode and start looking up stuff on Arcanas.

The game series blew my mind. So much you could do in it. The movement was insane with the homing dashes, homing dash cancels, the crossup stuff from super jumping over top of someone then homing dashing straight down and steering the dash left and right rapidly...and the arcana. The ability to select an entire character's worth of special moves, super moves, ultras, passive abilities was just nuts. Plus each had its own unique "Xfactor like" comeback mechanic called Extend Force. When I found out Six Stars existed as an arcade only update I was bummed because as a westerner I'd never get to play the new character/arcana and balance patch.

Now look at us. One kickstarter, and this holiday season Six Stars will come out with continuing content coming that goes beyond even what the arcade edition had in terms of characters, arcana, and balance changes.

Thanks everyone. This kickstarter has meant a lot to me as a fan of this game's amazing gameplay. So glad to see it supported here in the west.

At $310K now at two hours left.

Yeah, really nice to see a good amount of support for this. Could give Examu a nice shot in the arm in terms of recognition, and I think it makes them doing a Daemon Bride kickstarter later on pretty likely.

Since they'll likely end up halfway between stretch goals I'm curious how they'll handle that.

Blu(e)

Successfully raised $324,639 with 2,987 backers.

Really respectable. Thought the funding would slow down after hitting Shark Girl but it it raised another $60k. Those add ons really helped. I wonder what would've happened if they were there early.

So glad to see it supported here in the west.
Funny thing Japan are the ones that pitched in the most.

Uraizen

Banned
Successfully raised $324,534 with 2,987 backers.

Really respectable. Thought the funding would slow down after hitting Shark Girl but it it raised another $60k. Those add ons really helped. I wonder what would've happened if they were there early.

Funny thing Japan are the ones that pitched in the most.

I was saying the same thing. The add-ons should have been added there a few days earlier. They said they're looking into doing a slacker backer type thing, so maybe dark heart is still an option.

Even if Japan pitched in the most, I'm sure we didn't do too shabby ourselves.

Top Bottom